Sefdin 300 mg (Cefdinir)
How it works
What is Cefdinir?
Cefdinir is a antibiotic drug that belongs to a group of drugs known as cephalosporin antibiotics. It is prescribed for the treatment of various bacterial infections in the body. Cefdinir is available under various trade names, a couple of which are Omnicef and Zefdinir (made by Aurobindo Pharma Ltd.). This medication may also be given for conditions other than those listed in this description.
Important Information about Cefdinir
You should not take Cefdinir (Omnicef, Zefdinir) if you are allergic to it or to other cephalosporin antibiotics such as cefaclor, cefadroxil, cefditoren, cefixime, cefprozil, ceftazidime, cefuroxime, or others.
Prior to taking Cefdinir, let your doctor known if you have or had a history of any of these conditions: liver or kidney disease, a stomach or intestinal disorder such as colitis, diabetes, or if you are malnourished.
Cefdinir falls into the FDA pregnancy category B meaning that it is not expected to harm an unborn baby if taken during pregnancy. However, it is advised that you take this medicine with proper medical advice if you are a pregnant or breast feeding woman.
Cefdinir like all antibiotics should be taken for the full prescribed period even if the symptoms have subsided. Symptoms usually go away before your body is free from the infection completely. Discontinuing the medication before the prescribed period can be harmful and can cause a drug resistant infection later on that cannot be treated with common antibiotic medications.
Before taking Cefdinir
Cefdinir is a prescription only drug which means that that it is only available with a doctor's prescription. Consult your doctor before taking Cefdinir as all antibiotic medications are strictly to be taken with a doctor's prescription. Let him or her know if you have or ever had any of the following conditions: severe liver disease, diarrhea with a fever, or watery or bloody diarrhea.
How should I take Cefdinir?
Take Cefdinir (Omnicef, Zefdinir) strictly according to your doctor's directions or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular medication. Cefdinir can be taken with or without food. Always store this medicine in a cool and dry place.
What if I miss a dose?
Medications work properly if taken on schedule as prescribed. Missing even a single dose of medication may cause your condition to deteriorate. If you miss a dose of Cefdinir, take it as soon as you remember it. However, forget about the missed dose if the time for the next scheduled dose is near and continue with your original dosing schedule.
What if I overdose?
In case of an overdose of Cefdinir, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately.
Things and Activities to avoid while taking Cefdinir
Cefdinir being an antibiotic medication can cause diarrhea. Do not take any type of diarrhea medications without consulting your doctor.
Cefdinir Side Effects
Some of the side effects of Cefdinir are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, joint paint, vaginal itching or discharge. These effects are non serious and should go away after some time.
The details provided here are limited and non exhaustive. You may experience some side effects which have no reference over here. If you feel that the effects are serious, do not hesitate to seek emergency medical assistance.
Cefdinir Dosing Information
Cefdinir dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. Remember to follow your doctor's advice properly for best results.
Interaction with other drugs
Other drugs may interact with Cefdinir. Let your doctor know in advance if you use any other drugs or related products, especially blood thinner like warfarin, metformin, and probenecid. However, these are not the only possible interacting drugs. Remember to follow the directions of your doctor regarding any medications. Do not start a new medication without your doctor's advice
- Do not start or continue the cefdinir and consult your doctor if you have inflammation of large intestine (colitis) or kidney disease, or if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast feeding.
- Take cefdinir 2 hours before or 2 hours after antacids or iron containing products or medicines.
- Do not drive or operate any machinery because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with cefdinir. These effects may be worsen with alcohol, so avoid taking cefdinir and alcohol together.
- Caution should be taken when giving cefdinir to the children younger than 6 months old or to patients with diabetes as it may affect the results for urine glucose or ketone tests.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking BCG or live typhoid vaccine during cefdinir treatment, as cefdinir will decrease the effectiveness of these vaccines.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Unichem Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuySefdin300mg (1)
- BuySefdin300mgOnline (1)
- Sefdin300mgpriceinusa (1)
- Sefdin300mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapSefdin300mgOnline (1)
- Sefdin300mgSideEffect (1)
- BuySefdin300mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseSefdin300mgonline (1)
- Sefdin300mgreview (1)
- Sefdin300mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Cefdinir300mguses (1)
- Sefdin300mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericCefdinir300mg (1)
- BuyCefdinir300mg (1)
- BuyCefdinir300mgOnline (1)
- BuySefdin300mgCheapCefdinir300mg (1)
- Cefdinir300mgreview (1)
- BuyOmnicef300mgOnlineIndia (1)
- BuySefdin300mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuySefdin300mginIndia (1)
- BuySefdin300mgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericOmnicef300mgonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericOmnicef300mg (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyOmnicef300mg (1)
- genericCefdinir300mgvs.Omnicef300mg (1)
- doesgenericCefdinir300mgwork (1)
- Cefdinir300mgvs.Omnicef300mgreviews (1)
- BuyCefdinir300mgonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericOmnicef300mgfromCanada (1)
- genericOmnicef300mgCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestSefdin300mg (1)
- genericOmnicef300mgforsale (1)
- genericOmnicef300mgonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericOmnicef300mg (1)
- OrderGenericOmnicef300mgOnline (1)
- buygenericOmnicef300mgonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericOmnicef300mgonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericOmnicef300mgonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericOmnicef300mgonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericOmnicef300mgonlinewithDiscover (1)
- Sefdin300mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleSefdin300mg (1)
- genericOmnicef300mgfreeshipping (1)
- genericOmnicef300mgcost (1)
- Sefdin300mg (1)
- Sefdin300mgfastshipping (1)
- buySefdin300mggenericOmnicef300mg (1)
- genericformofOmnicef300mg (1)
- genericversionofOmnicef300mg (1)
- Omnicef300mgdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericOmnicef300mgonline (1)
- Omnicef300mgonlinepharmacy (1)
- Sefdin300mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuySefdin300mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
MirmieJan 27, 2016Great!!!
10 days for pneumonia doctor prepared me for the side effects of yeast infection telling me to coat my stomach with yogurt or probiotics before I take this pill. I am on day 8 of taking this pill and I have no yeast infection. However my stool is dark and I don't care if I loose weight! My doctor prepared me for iron deficiency during the intake if this pill telling me to take an iron supplement during it's coarse.