Vomistop 10mg (Domperidone)
How it works
What is Domperidone?
Domperidone is a dopamine agonist medicine and belongs to a family of drugs called anti-emetics. It boosts the amount of movements or contractions of the stomach and bowel. This aids in the faster movement of food through the food pipe (esophagus), stomach and gut. This medication also prevents the reverse movement of the food back up the esophagus. In general, Domperidone assists the digestive system in moving the food through it properly without problems and in the right direction.
Domperidone alleviates indigestion problems that lead to nausea, vomiting, belching, fullness, bloated stomach, trapped wind and heartburn that can occur after a meal. It is also prescribed to treat nausea and vomiting caused due to other medications that are used to treat Parkinson’s disease.
Domperidone is sold as various brand names across the globe, some of which are Motilium and Prodom (made by Wallace).
Important Information about Domperidone
Domperidone (Motilium, Prodom) is a strictly prescription-only anti-emetic medicine meaning it is to be given only by or under the immediate guidance of your doctor. Do not take Domperidone medication at all or without your doctor’s advice if are allergic to Domperidone; or to other dopamine agonists; or if you are allergic to other drugs.
Certain pre-existing medical conditions may prevent you to take Domperidone safely. Consult your doctor first if you are suffering from these conditions: allergies to Domperidone or any other ingredients in it, prolactinoma (pituitary gland tumor), stomach or duodenal cancer, regular severe stomach cramps; a blockage, tear or perforate ulcer in your intestines; black, tarry bowel stools, or bloody stools signaling stomach or intestinal bleeding; severe liver or kidney disease.
If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant in the near future, do not take Domperidone medication without medical advice. Limited usage of this medication is recommended during pregnancy. Domperidone can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing child and therefore it is not recommended for breast feeding women. However, a doctor may prescribe a regular dosage in individual cases if the benefits outweigh the risks. Ask your doctor about it if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Before taking Domperidone
Before taking Domperidone anti emetic medication (Motilium, Prodom), take care of all precautions and points mentioned above and discuss them with your doctor. Remember to share your entire medical history with your doctor, especially if you have a history of liver or kidney diseases; intolerance to certain sugars; or if you are taking certain drugs like oral ketoconazole (anti fungal), erthtomycin (antibiotic), ritonavir(HIV-AIDS drug), or cimetidine.
If you are scheduled for a surgery, let your doctor know in advance that you are taking Domeperidone.
How should I take Domperidone?
Take Domperidone (Motilium, Prodom) strictly according to your doctor’s direction. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take Domperidone after the prescribed period is over. Take this medication via the oral route with water, as prescribed by your doctor.
Make it a habit to take the medication at the same time every day or according to your doctor. You may see the full effects of Domperidone after about an hour of taking it.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Domperidone, take it as soon as you remember. Don’t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
What if I overdose?
In case of an overdose of Domperidone, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediatly.
Things and Activities to avoid while taking Domperidone
Domperidone anti-emetic medication may lead to dizziness which can impact some activities that require high level of attention and alertness like driving. So be careful while indulging in such activities.
Side Effects of Domperidone
Some common and less side effects of Domperidone anti-emetic medication (Motilium, Prodom) are unusual enlargement of breast in men and women, production of breast milk in men and women, lowered libido in men, irregular or ceased menstrual periods, vision problems, tumor formation, or imbalance. Call your doctor right away if you feel or witness any serious side effects.
If you see any of these serious side effects or allergic reations of Domperidone, stop using it and let your doctor know right away: swelling in limbs, face, lips or throat, breathing difficult, hives, nettle rash (uriticaria), heart rhythm disorders, irregular eye movements, unusual tongue movements, abnormal posture like twisted neck, trembling and muscle stiffness.
These are not the only side effects of Domperidone. There may be others. Contact your doctor right away if you experience any serious side effects or if your condition worsens after taking Domperidone.
Domperidone Dosing Information
Domperidone dosage will be fixed by your doctor after examining you properly. Dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Stick to your doctor’s prescription strictly.
Interaction with other drugs
Certain medications can interact with Domperidone (Motilium, Prodom), especially these ones: an anti fungal like oral ketoconazole, an antibiotic like erythromycin, telaprevir, an anti HIV/AIDS medication like ritonavir, cimetidine, cabergoline, or bromocriptine. Let your doctor know about all your present medications so that he can judge whether Domperidone can be taken with them safely.
The drugs mentioned thus are not all the possible drugs which can interact with Domperidone. There may be others as well. Share the list of all type of medications and related products which you are using, with your doctor and never start a new medication without his or her advice.
- Do not take Domperidone, if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the tablets.
- Do not take the medicine, if you notice black, tarry stools (bowel motions) or blood in your stools, blockage or tear in the intestines or if you have a tumor of the pituitary gland (prolactinoma).
- Do not take the drug, if you have moderate to severe liver disease, heart problems (irregular heart rate or heart failure) or abnormal salt levels in the blood.
- Do not crush or chew the tablets, swallow them whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take the drug if you intend to drive or operate heavy machinery as it may cause drowsiness.
- Always take the tablets 15 to 30 minutes before meals and, if needed, before going to bed at night.
- Consult your doctor, if you are above 60 years of age and taking domperidone for a long period of time.
- Inform your doctor, if you are already taking medicines for fungal infections (ketoconazole) or antibiotics (e.g. gentamycin, erythromycin).
Frequently asked questions
A: No, domperidone is not an OTC drug and it is not advisable to take it without a prescription.
A: Domperidone may increase the sedative effect of citalopram and may interact with other drugs like antibiotics, pain-killers or anti-fungals. Consult your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines.
Q. Does domperidone cause weight-gain?
A :No. Domperidone does not cause weight-gain. If you notice an abnormal weight-gain, visit your doctor.
A :Domperidone is relatively safe drug if used in prescribed dose for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor. If you are a pregnant or lactating female, please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
A: These effects are generally not seen with use of domperidone. But if you are experiencing these side effects, please consult your doctor.
|Manufacturer||Cipla Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- Hairlossmedication (38)
- hairlosstreatment (38)
- BuyVomistop10mg (1)
- BuyVomistop10mgOnline (1)
- Vomistop10mgpriceinusa (1)
- Vomistop10mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapVomistop10mgOnline (1)
- Vomistop10mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyVomistop10mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseVomistop10mgonline (1)
- Vomistop10mgreview (1)
- Vomistop10mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Vomistop10mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericDomperidone (1)
- BuyDomperidone (1)
- BuyDomperidoneOnline (1)
- BuyVomistop10mgCheapDomperidone (1)
- Domperidonereview (1)
- BuyMotiliumOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyVomistop10mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyVomistop10mginIndia (1)
- BuyVomistop10mgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericMotiliumonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericMotilium (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyMotilium (1)
- genericDomperidonevs.Motilium (1)
- doesgenericDomperidonework (1)
- Domperidonevs.Motiliumreviews (1)
- BuyDomperidoneonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericMotiliumfromCanada (1)
- genericMotiliumCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestVomistop10mg (1)
- genericMotiliumforsale (1)
- genericMotiliumonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericMotilium (1)
- OrderGenericMotiliumOnline (1)
- buygenericMotiliumonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericMotiliumonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericMotiliumonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericMotiliumonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericMotiliumonlinewithDiscover (1)
- Vomistop10mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleVomistop10mg (1)
- genericMotiliumfreeshipping (1)
- genericMotiliumcost (1)
- Vomistop10mg (1)
- Vomistop10mgfastshipping (1)
- buyVomistop10mggenericMotilium (1)
- genericformofMotilium (1)
- genericversionofMotilium (1)
- Motiliumdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericMotiliumonline (1)
- Motiliumonlinepharmacy (1)
- Vomistop10mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyVomistop10mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
HarperJan 26, 2016This medicine is very good
I had indigestion that lead to heartburn. I felt very uncomfortable, and dint know what to do. I visited the doctor, and he prescribed the vomistop medicine. I bought from the nearest drugstore. I thought that a small tablet would not help, but this medicine surprised me. It improved my digestion, and the heartburn was reducing. This medicine is very good. It is the best medicine for indigestion. Now, I buy the vomistop medicine online and always have it in my house.