Uniwarfin 5 mg (Warfarin)
How it works
What is Warfarin?
Warfarin is an anti coagulant drug (blood thinner) which prevents the formation of blood clots. Blood clots can lead to heart attack or stroke. This medication is used to prevent heart attacks and strokes. Warfarin is sold throughout the world under various brand names like Coumadin, Warf (Cipla), Uniwarfin (Unisearch) among several other brand names.
Warfarin may also be prescribed for conditions not listed above.
Important Information about Warfarin
If you are a pregnant woman, then follow your doctor's advice about taking Warfarin (Coumuadin, Warf, Uniwarfin) as this medication can harm an unborn baby or cause birth defects. Your doctor will weigh the benefits and shortcomings of using Warfarin while pregnant.
Avoid taking Warfarin (unless or otherwise advised by your doctor) if you have a bleeding or blood cell disorder, bloody urine or stools, an infection of the lining of your heart, bleeding in stomach, bleeding in brain, recent or schedule surgery in the near future, or If you require a spinal tap or spinal anesthesia (epidural).
Warfarin is a blood thinner which may lead to easy bleeding, especially if you are over 65 years of age; if you have a history of bleeding problems, high blood pressure or severe heart disease; liver or kidney disease; cancer; surgery or medical emergency; a disease impacting the blood vessels in your brain; a history of stomach or intestinal bleeding; or if you are severely ill or weakened.
There are several drugs (prescribed, OTC and herbal) that can interact severely with Warfarin leading to serious medical problems or even death. Remember to share the list of all medications which you use with your doctor in advance. Ask your doctor if it is safe to take any pain, arthritis, fever, or swelling medications while taking Warfarin. These medications may affect blood clotting and increase the likelihood of stomach bleeding.
Make sure that you inform any healthcare provider who treats you about your Warfarin usage. Don't ever take a double dose of this drug.
Before taking Warfarin
Take care of all the precautions and points mentioned above prior to taking Warfarin (Coumuadin, Warf, Uniwarfin). Discuss about them with your doctor. Never forget to ask any questions regarding Warfarin if you are in doubt.
To ensure that Warfarin intake doesn't lead to any unpleasant conditions, let your doctor know if you have celiac sprue (an intestinal disorder); diabetes; congestive heart failure; hyperthyroidism; a connective tissue disorder like Marfan Syndrom, Sjogren Syndrom, Scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, or lupus; or if you ever had low blood platelets receiving an injection of heparin.
It is not known whether Warfarin can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. Discuss about this with your doctor if you are breast feeding.
How should I take Warfarin?
Take Warfarin medication (Coumuadin, Warf, Uniwarfin) strictly as prescribed by your doctor and no changes regarding its dosage and duration of using must be made without his or her advice. Your doctor may change the dosage occasionally to get the maximum benefit out of the medication.
Take Warfarin with or without food. Make it a habit to take this medication at the same time every day. While taking Warfarin, your progress will be monitored closely via blood tests. Never miss any scheduled blood tests.
You should not employ weight-loss measure like dieting when you are taking Warfarin. If possible, wear a medical alert tag or carry a display card which mentions that you are taking Warfarin so that anyone treating you will know about it in advance. Store this medication in a cool and dry place.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Warfarin, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if the time to take the next dose is near, skip the missed dose and take the next dose as scheduled. Don't take extra medication to compensate for the missed dose.
What if I overdose?
Get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor Immediately in case of an overdose of Warfarin. Overdose of this medication can cause severe internal or external bleeding.
What should I avoid while taking Warfarin?
Avoid excessive food items having a high amount of vitamin K (liver meat, leafy green vegetables or vegetable oils) while taking Warfarin (Coumuadin, Warf, Uniwarfin). Vitamin K aids in blood clotting and hence can interfere with Warfarin and render it less effective. Grapefruit based products may interact with Warfarin and cause undesirable side effects. Talk about this with your doctor.
Warfarin Side Effects
Immediately stop using Warfarin (Coumuadin, Warf, Uniwarfin) and seek medical attention if you get these serious side effects due to Clopidogrel, prominent among which are signs of external and internal bleeding: bleeding through nose or other nonstop bleeding; bloody or black stools (tarry color); bloody urine; or bloody cough or vomit that looks like ground coffee
Some less serious and common side effects of Clopidogrel are nausea, vomiting, mild stomach pain, gas, bloating, or changed taste.
The side effects listed above are not a complete set of side effects which you may experience due to Warfarin. Let your doctor know if you feel anything amiss and serious after taking this medication.
Warfarin Dosing Information
Warfarin dosage depends on a lot of factors. Your doctor may fix your dosage depending on your condition. Various conditions may require different dosages. Strictly follow the dosage which your doctor has decided for you.
Interaction with other drugs
There are several drugs (prescribed, OTC and herbal) that can interact severely with Warfarin (Coumuadin, Warf, Uniwarfin) leading to serious medical problems or even death. Remember to share the list of all medications which you use with your doctor in advance.
Let your doctor know if you use these medications: other anti-coagulants; some antibiotics, anti-fungals, or sulfa drugs, medications for tuberculosis;
The drugs mentioned above are not the only ones which may interact with Warfarin. There may be others as well. Share
the list of all medicines you use at present with your doctor and never start a new medication on your own.
- Do not take the medicine, if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Do not take warfarin if you had bleeding problems or recently had a brain stroke.
- Do not take warfarin if you had surgery or plan to undergo any surgery in the next 72 hours.
- Avoid using warfarin if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or have delivered a child in the last 48 hours.
- Do not take warfarin if you had stomach ulcers or gastrointestinal bleeding; prone to blood clot formations; heart, liver, kidney or thyroid problems; anemia, tumor or cancer.
- Do not take warfarin if you are taking any other drugs (blood thinners) for blood clot.
- Avoid alcohol intake and smoking while taking warfarin.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Unichem Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyUniwarfin5mg (1)
- BuyUniwarfin5mgOnline (1)
- Uniwarfin5mgpriceinusa (1)
- Uniwarfin5mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapUniwarfin5mgOnline (1)
- Uniwarfin5mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyUniwarfin5mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseUniwarfin5mgonline (1)
- Uniwarfin5mgreview (1)
- Uniwarfin5mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Warfarinuses (3)
- Uniwarfin5mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericWarfarin (3)
- BuyWarfarin (3)
- BuyWarfarinOnline (3)
- BuyUniwarfin5mgCheapWarfarin (1)
- Warfarinreview (3)
- BuyCoumadinOnlineIndia (3)
- BuyUniwarfin5mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyUniwarfin5mginIndia (1)
- BuyUniwarfin5mgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericCoumadinonlinecheap (3)
- isthereagenericCoumadin (3)
- bestwebsitetobuyCoumadin (3)
- genericWarfarinvs.Coumadin (3)
- doesgenericWarfarinwork (3)
- Warfarinvs.Coumadinreviews (3)
- BuyWarfarinonlinePayPal (3)
- buygenericCoumadinfromCanada (3)
- genericCoumadinCanadapharmacy (3)
- CheapestUniwarfin5mg (1)
- genericCoumadinforsale (3)
- genericCoumadinonlineCanadianpharmacy (3)
- DiscountgenericCoumadin (3)
- OrderGenericCoumadinOnline (3)
- buygenericCoumadinonlinesafely (3)
- buygenericCoumadinonlinewithMasterCard (3)
- buygenericCoumadinonlinewithVisa (3)
- buygenericCoumadinonlinewithAmex (3)
- buygenericCoumadinonlinewithDiscover (3)
- Uniwarfin5mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleUniwarfin5mg (1)
- genericCoumadinfreeshipping (3)
- genericCoumadincost (3)
- Uniwarfin5mg (1)
- Uniwarfin5mgfastshipping (1)
- buyUniwarfin5mggenericCoumadin (1)
- genericformofCoumadin (3)
- genericversionofCoumadin (3)
- Coumadindiscount (3)
- wheretobuygenericCoumadinonline (3)
- Coumadinonlinepharmacy (3)
- Uniwarfin5mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyUniwarfin5mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
GardenerJan 28, 2016Perfect work.
"I'm taking it for 2 years without any outstanding side effect.thank to God and my surgeon that I am still alive.