Tenvir 300mg (Tenofovir)
How it works
Common side effects
myopathy ; kidney problems., low potassium levels, lactic acidosis ; liver problems, increased liver enzymes, pancreatitis ; muscle weakness; increased creatinine levels, urge to vomit, angioedema ; bone pain and fractures, Low blood phosphate level, dizziness; loose motions, vomiting; skin rashes, weakness
What is Tenofovir?
Tenofovir is an antiviral drug that prevents the human immunodeficiency virus or HIV from multiplying in your body. This medication is prescribed for the treatment of HIV which causes the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome or AIDS. Tenofovir is sold under various trade names, Tenvir (made by Cipla).This medicine may also be prescribed for treatments not mentioned here.
Important Information about Tenofovir
Tenofovir (Tenvir) will not cure your body of HIV. You can still spread the virus to other people through infected blood (via needles, razors, toothbrush) or through unsafe sexual practices (ensure proper barrier contraception). You must take care about these things and employ proper measure so as not to spread the virus.
You must not take Tenofovir together with adefovir, or with combination medicines that contain tenofovir. There may be other medicines that can interact with Tenofovir. Inform your doctor about all other medicines which you may be using.
Lactic acidosis has been observed in some people (especially overweight females and those with liver disease) who took Tenofovir. Initial symptoms of lactic acidosis may deteriorate over time and can prove fatal. Hence you must get medical attention right away on first signs of lactic acidosis such as muscle pain or weakness, numb or cold feeling in the limbs, breathing trouble, stomach pain, or nausea with vomiting.
Tenofovir can also cause severe or life threatening damage to your liver. Seek medical attention right away if you have any of the following symptoms of liver damage: Severe pain in upper stomach which advances to the back, nausea and vomiting, fast heartbeats, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay colored stools, or jaundice.
If you have Hepatitis B, you may develop liver symptoms even after stopping Tenofovir and the symptoms may be seen for months after stopping. You may be required to take regular tests to monitor your liver function.
Tenofovir is an FDA pregnancy category B drug. It is not expected to harm an unborn baby if taken during pregnancy. However, HIV can be passed to the baby if the mother is not treated properly during pregnancy. Remember to take all medications for HIV as prescribed to prevent your baby from contracting the HIV virus.
Before taking Tenofovir
Before taking Tenofovir, take care of all precautions mentioned above. Discuss them with your doctor and clear all doubts which you may have about this drug. Tenofovir should not be given to a child below 2 years of age for HIV and below 18 years of age for Hepatitis B.
Also, to ensure that this medicine is safe for you, you must inform your doctor in advance if you have these conditions: liver disease including hepatitis B or C, kidney disease, or bone problems (such as osteopenia).
How should I take Tenofovir?
Take Tenofovir HIV medication (Tenvir) strictly according to your doctor’s direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular medication.
Take Tenofovir with or without food, or as directed by your doctor. HIV is usually treated with a combination of drugs. Always take the prescribed drugs as directed by your doctor. Store this medication in a cool and dry place.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Tenofovir, take it as soon as you remember. Don’t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
What if I overdose?
In case of an overdose of Tenofovir, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately.
Things and Activities to avoid while taking Tenofovir
Tenofovir will not help your body get rid of HIV. It will stop the growth and multiplication of the virus. Chances of spreading the HIV will still remain the same through unprotected sex, infected razors, needles or toothbrush. Hence, avoid these activities and things.
Tenofovir Dosing Information
Tenofovir dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. Remember to follow your doctor’s advice properly for best results.
Interaction with other drugs
Some drugs can interact with Tenofovir such as other HIV/AIDS medicines causing dangerous side effects. There may be other medicines as well that can interact with Tenofovir. Inform your doctor about all other medicines which you may be using. Never start a new medication without consulting your doctor first.
- Do not take tenofovir if you are already taking medicines that contain tenofovir in combination with other drugs.
- Do not take tenofovir with other drugs that can potentially damage your kidneys; especially adefovir (used in treatment of hepatitis B).
- Contact your doctor immediately if you notice symptoms: deep and rapid breathing, drowsiness, urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, muscle pain or weakness, numb or cold feeling in your arms and legs, stomach pain, fast or uneven heart rate, or feeling very weak or tired. These might indicate development of a life-threatening side effect of tenofovir called lactic acidosis (excess lactic acid in blood). Lactic acidosis occurs more often in women, particularly if they are very overweight or are taking nucleoside antivirals for a long time.
- Tenofovir may damage your kidneys (nephrotoxicity). Constant monitoring of kidney function (blood tests to assess the health of kidneys) is advised while on treatment with tenofovir.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you have symptoms: persistent urge of vomit (nausea), upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (abnormal liver function causing yellowing of the skin or eyes). These might indicate development of severe liver damage.
- Decreases in bone mineral density can happen while taking tenofovir.
- Do consult your doctor before taking tenofovir if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Do not use tenofovir if you are breast-feeding.
- Tenofovir may cause lipodystrophy (changes in body fat - build up or loss of body fat) especially in elderly patients with HIV. Physical examination of fat redistribution and monitoring of blood levels of lipids and sugar may be advised in elderly.
- Discuss with your doctor about necessary precautions (practicing safer sex and making other life-style changes) to be taken to avoid spreading of HIV virus to others.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Cipla Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- buyanticancerdrugs (82)
- buyoncologydrugs (82)
- cancertreatment (82)
- cancermedications (82)
- buycancerdrugsonline (82)
- buyanticancerdrugsonline (82)
- BuyTenvirTablet (1)
- BuyTenvirOnline (1)
- BuyTenvir300mgOnline (1)
- Tenvirpriceinusa (1)
- TenvirpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapTenvirOnline (1)
- BuyTenvir300mg (1)
- TenvirSideEffect (1)
- BuyTenvirPayPal (1)
- PurchaseTenvironline (1)
- Tenvirreview (1)
- TenvirsupplierinIndia (1)
- TenvireBay (1)
- BuyGenericTenofovir (1)
- BuyTenofovir (1)
- BuyTenofovirOnline (1)
- BuyTenvirCheapTenofovir (1)
- Tenofovirreview (1)
- BuyVireadOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyTenvironlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyTenvir300mginIndia (1)
- BuyTenvirOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericVireadonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericViread (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyViread (1)
- genericTenofovirvs.Viread (1)
- doesgenericTenofovirwork (1)
- Tenofovirvs.Vireadreviews (1)
- BuyTenofovironlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericVireadfromCanada (1)
- genericVireadCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestTenvir300mg (1)
- genericVireadforsale (1)
- genericVireadonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericViread (1)
- OrderGenericVireadOnline (1)
- buygenericVireadonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericVireadonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericVireadonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericVireadonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericVireadonlinewithDiscover (1)
- Tenvir300mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleTenvir300mg (1)
- genericVireadfreeshipping (1)
- genericVireadcost (1)
- TenvirTablet (1)
- Tenvirfastshipping (1)
- Tenvirforpimple (1)
- buyTenofovirforskin (1)
- buyTenvirgenericViread (1)
- genericformofViread (1)
- genericversionofViread (1)
- Vireaddiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericVireadonline (1)
- Vireadonlinepharmacy (1)
- Tenvirbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyTenvir (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
ErikJan 29, 2016They Work Very Well
What a great result from such a small pill. Seems to work for longer than litrature indicates. If you have a problem then this is the solution
MarianJan 29, 2016Effective, long lasting
Works very well for me, price can't be beat and service from Safegeneric Pharmacy is excellent. They are by far the best online pharmacy.