Taxim O 100 (Cefixime 100mg DT)
How it works
What is Cefixime?
Cefixime is an antibiotic drug that belongs to a group of drugs known as cephalosporin antibiotics. It is prescribed for the treatment of various bacterial infections. Cefixime is available as Suprax, Taxim O (made by Alkem) and a host of other trade names. This medication may also be given for conditions other than those listed in this description.
Important Information about Cefixime
Do not take Cefixime if you are allergic to it or to other cephalosporin antibiotics such as cefaclor, cefdinir, cefditoren, cefprozil, ceftazidime, cefuroxime, or others.
Prior to taking Cefixime, let your doctor known if you have or had a history of any of these conditions: liver or kidney disease, a stomach or intestinal disorder such as colitis, diabetes, or if you are malnourished.
Cefixime belongs to FDA pregnancy category B which means that it is not expected to harm an unborn baby if taken during pregnancy. However, it is advised that you take this medicine with proper medical advice if you are a pregnant or breast feeding woman.
Full course of Cefixime should be completed as prescribed even if the symptoms have disappeared. Symptoms usually disappear before your body is completely cleared of the infection. Discontinuing the medication before the prescribed period can be harmful and can cause a drug resistant infection later on that cannot be treated with common antibiotic medications.
Before taking Cefixime
Cefixime is a prescription only drug which means that it is only available with a doctor's prescription. Consult your doctor before taking Cefixime as all antibiotic medications are strictly to be taken with a doctor's prescription.
How should I take Cefixime?
Take Cefixime (Suprax, Taxim O) strictly according to your doctor's directions or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular medication. Cefixime can be taken with or without food. Always store Cefixime in a cool and dry place.
What if I miss a dose?
As far as possible, never miss a Cefixime dose. But if you happen to miss your scheduled dose due to uncontrollable reasons, take it as soon as possible. However, skip the missed dose if the time for the next dose is near. Don't overdose on medication as it may cause some serious conditions.
What happens if I take an overdose?
Immediately seek urgent medical help in case of overdose of Cefixime as it may cause severe harmful effects in your body. In case of an overdose of Cefixime, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately.
Things and Activities to avoid while taking Cefixime
Cefixime being an antibiotic medication can cause diarrhea. Do not take any type of diarrhea medications without consulting your doctor.
Cefixime Side Effects
Some of the side effects of Cefixime are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, joint paint, vaginal itching or discharge. These effects are non serious and should go away after some time.
The details provided here are limited and non exhaustive. You may experience some side effects which have no reference over here. If you feel that the effects are serious, do not hesitate to seek emergency medical assistance.
Cefixime Dosing Information
Cefixime dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. Remember to follow your doctor's advice properly for best results.
Interaction with other drugs
Other drugs may interact with Cefixime. Let your doctor know in advance if you use any other drugs or related products, especially blood thinner like warfarin, metformin, and probenecid. However, these are not the only possible interacting drugs. Remember to follow the directions of your doctor regarding any medications. Do not start a new medication without your doctor's advice
- Take caution when taking the medicine if you have liver or kidney disease or history of anemia.
- Take the tablets whole with a glass of water with or without food or milk. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
- The medicine works best if taken with meal or within 30 minutes of a meal.
- Talk to your doctor if you have kidney problems, inflammation of colon (colitis) or if you are taking medicines to thin the blood (e.g. warfarin).
- Do not take cefixime if you are allergic to it or to any type of cephalosporin or penicillin drugs.
- Do not take cefexime if you have allergic reaction (rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of lips, face, tongue and throat).
- Do not give cefixime to a child less than 6 months of age.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Alkem Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyTaximO100mg (1)
- BuyTaximO100mgOnline (1)
- TaximO100mgpriceinusa (1)
- TaximO100mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapTaximO100mgOnline (1)
- TaximO100mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyTaximO100mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseTaximO100mgonline (1)
- TaximO100mgreview (1)
- TaximO100mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Cefixime100mguses (1)
- TaximO100mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericCefixime100mg (1)
- BuyCefixime100mg (1)
- BuyCefixime100mgOnline (1)
- BuyTaximO100mgCheapCefixime100mg (1)
- Cefixime100mgreview (1)
- BuySuprax100mgOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyTaximO100mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyTaximO100mginIndia (1)
- BuyTaximO100mgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericSuprax100mgonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericSuprax100mg (1)
- bestwebsitetobuySuprax100mg (1)
- genericCefixime100mgvs.Suprax100mg (1)
- doesgenericCefixime100mgwork (1)
- Cefixime100mgvs.Suprax100mgreviews (1)
- BuyCefixime100mgonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericSuprax100mgfromCanada (1)
- genericSuprax100mgCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestTaximO100mg (1)
- genericSuprax100mgforsale (1)
- genericSuprax100mgonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericSuprax100mg (1)
- OrderGenericSuprax100mgOnline (1)
- buygenericSuprax100mgonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericSuprax100mgonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericSuprax100mgonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericSuprax100mgonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericSuprax100mgonlinewithDiscover (1)
- TaximO100mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleTaximO100mg (1)
- genericSuprax100mgfreeshipping (1)
- genericSuprax100mgcost (1)
- TaximO100mg (1)
- TaximO100mgfastshipping (1)
- buyTaximO100mggenericSuprax100mg (1)
- genericformofSuprax100mg (1)
- genericversionofSuprax100mg (1)
- Suprax100mgdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericSuprax100mgonline (1)
- Suprax100mgonlinepharmacy (1)
- TaximO100mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyTaximO100mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
JordanJan 27, 2016Effectively and Good
My daughter was born with urinary reflux, the result of which is usually 1-2 urinary tract infections a year. Suprax ALWAYS knocks it out right away. We have tried many of the others. Some took longer and some didn't work at all. Only con is it is hard to get and you may have to order it at the pharmacy.