Seroflo Inhaler 250
Salmeterol (as Salmeterol Xinafoate IP).................25 mcg
Fluticasone Propionate IP………….........................250 mcg
Understanding the drug:
How does it work?The drug contains an active ingredient known as Salbutamol. This ingredient causes relaxation of the constringed bronchioles. It is a beta receptor antagonist with short action that brings about bronchodilator effects. It activates the beta 2 receptors and loosens the smooth muscles of the entire air passages right from the trachea to the end bronchioles. Along with this, it also brings to a halt generation of inflammatory cell mediators which brings about constriction. It also enhances the auto clearing mechanism of the bronchi. Salbutamol also aids in relaxing the constringed bronchioles and promotes the smooth breathing process. On the other hand, the other ingredient in the combination does work by reducing irritation and swelling of the air passages.
When should you avoid taking the drug?This drug should not be taken if one:
• Has allergic reactions with any of the ingredients contained in the drug.
• Is suffering from paradoxical breathing, sudden constriction of air-ways
. • Has a cardiovascular disease such as Hypertension.
• Is pregnant.
• Suffers from Myocardial insufficiency.
• Is an epileptic.
• Is diabetic.
What is the dosage?This drug should be prescribed by a Doctor based on the severity and demand of the disease’s condition. Always abide by the doctor’s instructions.
What are the strengths available?
• SerofloAutohaler 25 mcg+250 mcg
• SerofloAutohaler 25 mcg+125 mcg
• Seroflo inhaler 25mcg +250 mcg
• SerofloMultihaler 50mcg +100 mcg
• SerofloMultihaler 50mcg +250 mcg
Who manufacturers the drug?Cipla, a leading pharmaceuticals manufacturer is the one that manufactures Seroflo Inhalers and Multihalers. The drug can be accessed on our website in an assorted pack sizes as given on the website.
How to take the drugCaution: Do not swallow Inhalers!
Below are the ways to take this medicine in an appropriate manner:
• Examine the mouthpiece of the inhaler all the time before using it, ensure it is clean and free from dirt.
• Hold the inhaler in a vertical position then shake it well.
• Expel all the air from your lungs by exhaling the air out of your lungs completely.
• Insert the mouthpiece part of the inhaler in your mouth then tighten your lips around it.
• Inhale deeply through your mouth and compress the canister to get gasp of the medicine.
• Take off the inhaler from your mouth then hold your breath for about ten seconds.
• Now exhale through the nose.
• Put back the cap and if need be, take the second dose by doing a repeat of the steps as given above.
When should the medicine be taken?The medicine should be taken as prescribed by your Doctor. If possible, take the dose at a particular time each day; this will minimize the probability of a missed dose. Generally, 1 or 2 puffs out of your inhaler are efficient to relieve you from the symptoms. Never overdose or under-dose, instead take the prescribed dosage.
This medicine should be taken for how long?The medicine should be taken for as long as the doctor has recommended. Always consult your doctor before stopping taking the drug or changing the dosage.
What if you take an overdose?In the event of an overdose, call your doctor or pay a visit to the closest health care center immediately, even if you are not feeling any discomfort. Seek for a medical aid as soon as possible.
What if you miss a dose?In the event of a missed dose, consult your Doctor. Don’t take double the dose so as to compensate for the missed dose.
What are the side effects?Every medicine is known to have some side effects; Inhaler is one drug with some mild and severe side effects as well. You may not necessarily experience all of these effects. Some of the commonly experienced side effects are as listed below:
• Ankle pains.
• Urticaria .
• Fever, pale skin, rashes.
• Mild tremors.
• Nose bleeding.
What are the likely drug interactions?It is important that you make known to your doctor all the medications you use. This encompasses prescription, vitamin supplements, over-the-counter, and herbal products. Your doctor will give you a list of the drugs you should avoid while taking Inhaler. Below are some of the drugs which interact with Inhaler.
• HIV protease inhibitors.
• Sympathomimetics drugs.
• Beta blockers like Atenolol.
• Azole antifungal such as Ketoconazole.
What care should be taken?• Keep the medicine away from children and in a closed air-tight container.
• Keep off from individuals with infectious ailments such as flu, chicken pox and measles.
• Keep a comprehensive record of all the medicines you are taking alongside this medicine.
• Load the capsule only when you are about to take a dose.
• Be cautious to take the drug while driving because it may cause dizziness or drowsiness.
Avoid consuming alcohol during the medication.
- Do not inhale a double dose to make up for a missed one.
- Do not use salmeterol during an attack of asthma or COPD. Your doctor will prescribe a short-acting inhaler to use during attacks.Do not stop using salmeterol without talking to your doctor.
- If you suddenly stop using salmeterol, your symptoms may worsen.
- Do not take salmeterol, If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to salmeterol, Always activate and use the inhaler device in a level, horizontal position. Do not try to use a spacer device with salmeterol.
- To prepare the device for use, open the protective foil pouch and remove the inhaler device. Hold the device in one hand. Use the thumb of the opposite hand to push the thumb grip as far away from you as it will go. The mouthpiece will appear and snap into position.
- Hold the device in a level, flat position with the mouthpiece toward you. Use your thumb to slide the lever away from you as far as it will go. You should hear a click. The device is now ready for use.
- Do not close or tilt the device, play with the lever, or move the lever more than once. You may accidentally release or waste a dose.
Frequently asked questions
|Equivalent Brand||Advair Inhaler|
|Strength||25 mcg + 250 mcg|
|Generic Name||Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate|
|Manufacturer||Cipla Pharma, India|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
MarkJan 26, 2016Excellent service
Great communication and delivered sooner than I expected (for an international shipment). Will shop again.
AbottJan 26, 2016I have been shopping here for years and will continue to do so
As I said, I have been shopping at SGP for years. Every delivery has been posted promptly, passed customs and has arrived intact, no damage at all. I couldn't be happier, they are rock bottom prices, great customer service.. no complaints at all. Keep up the good work. :)
TRESCOTHICKJan 26, 2016Great communication, very fast international shipping, low price
This was my first time ordering from a pharmacy in India, and I was very impressed with how SAFEGENERICPHARMACY constantly kept me informed on my order's progress and got the product to me quite promptly.