Selgin 5mg (Selegiline)
Selgin (Selegiline) is used to help control the symptoms of Parkinson`s disease (PD; a disorder of the nervous system that causes difficulties with movement, muscle control, and balance) in people who are taking levodopa and carbidopa combination. This medicine may help people with Parkinson`s disease by decreasing the dose of levodopa/carbidopa needed to control symptoms, stopping the effects of levodopa/carbidopa from wearing off between doses, and increasing the length of time that levodopa/carbidopa will continue to control symptoms.
This medicine is in a group of medications called monoamine oxidase type B (MAO-B) inhibitors. It works by increasing the amount of dopamine (a natural substance that is needed to control movement) in the brain. Selegiline is used alone or in combination with levodopa and carbidopa to control the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease (a disorder of the nervous system that causes difficulties with movement, muscle control, and balance).
How it works
Dosage and Administration
Selgin (Selegiline) tablets should be taken orally. Patients may be directed to take this medication twice daily. In order to avoid difficulty sleeping, patients are often directed to take this medication at breakfast and lunchtime. The standard maximum dosage is 5mg twice per day.
Patients should always consult their physician before taking this drug, and never exceed the dosage prescribed to them. If your physician has directed you to take this drug together with another drug to treat Parkinson`s disease, such as levodopa, you may be instructed to decrease your dosage of levodopa after you have been taking selegiline for 2 to 3 days.
Patients should be aware that it may take a few weeks for the full effects and benefits of this drug to be noticed. You should never discontinue taking this drug unless you have been directed to do so by your physician.
Selgin (Selegiline) may cause stomach upset, loss of appetite, nausea, heartburn or dry mouth. These effects should subside as your body adjusts to the medication. If they continue or become bothersome, inform your physician. To relieve dry mouth, suck on (sugarless) hard candy or ice chips, chew (sugarless) gum, drink water or use saliva substitute.
Infrequently, this medication may increase the skin`s sensitivity to sunlight. If this happens to you, avoid prolonged sun exposure, wear protective clothing and use a sunscreen. Avoid sunlamps. This medication can cause dizziness and lightheadedness especially during the first few days of therapy. Avoid tasks requiring alertness if you experience these effects.
Notify your physician promptly if you develop any of the following side effects: severe headache, chest pain, irregular heartbeat, tremors, clumsiness, confusion, involuntary movements (especially of the hands or face), nightmares, hallucinations, difficulty breathing, difficulty urinating. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your physician or pharmacist.
Selgin (Selegiline) should not be used with the certain other medicines, as a serious reaction may occur. Inform your physician of all medicine you are taking before the commencement of treatment.
Consult your physician about the need to watch your intake of foods containing tyramine. It is possible consuming tyramine- containing foods while using this medication could cause headache and/or increased blood pressure and could lead to a medical emergency. Tyramine food precautions should be observed for at least 2 weeks after you stop using this medication.
- Inform the doctor if you are suffering from hypertension, chest pain, palpitation (thumping, pounding or fluttering sensation in the chest), irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia), liver or kidney problems, stomach ulcers, sleep problems, glucose intolerance, and phenylketonuria (an inherited condition in which a special diet must be followed to prevent mental retardation).
- Inform the doctor if you are being treated for any mental illness or have history of any unusual urges and/or behaviors (such as excessive gambling or excessive sexual behavior).
- Seek advice if you are planning to undergo any surgery as selegiline may interfere with general anaesthetics.
- Do not drink alcohol as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not drive or operate any machinery if selegiline affects your alertness.
- At least 14 days should lapse between the discontinuation of selegiline and initiation of treatment with any drug known to interact with selegiline such as moclobemide, rasagiline, antidepressants, etc.
Frequently asked questions
|Equivalent Brand||Can Deprenyl|
|Generic Name||Selegiline Hcl|
|Manufacturer||Intas Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuySelgin5mg (1)
- BuySelgin5mgOnline (1)
- Selgin5mgpriceinusa (1)
- Selgin5mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapSelgin5mgOnline (1)
- Selgin5mgSideEffect (1)
- BuySelgin5mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseSelgin5mgonline (1)
- Selgin5mgreview (1)
- Selgin5mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Selegiline5mguses (1)
- Selgin5mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericSelegiline5mg (1)
- BuySelegiline5mg (1)
- BuySelegiline5mgOnline (1)
- BuySelgin5mgCheapSelegiline5mg (1)
- Selegiline5mgreview (1)
- BuyCanDeprenyl5mgOnlineIndia (1)
- BuySelgin5mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuySelgin5mginIndia (1)
- BuySelgin5mgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericCanDeprenyl5mgonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericCanDeprenyl5mg (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyCanDeprenyl5mg (1)
- genericSelegiline5mgvs.CanDeprenyl5mg (1)
- doesgenericSelegiline5mgwork (1)
- Selegiline5mgvs.CanDeprenyl5mgreviews (1)
- BuySelegiline5mgonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericCanDeprenyl5mgfromCanada (1)
- genericCanDeprenyl5mgCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestSelgin5mg (1)
- genericCanDeprenyl5mgforsale (1)
- genericCanDeprenyl5mgonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericCanDeprenyl5mg (1)
- OrderGenericCanDeprenyl5mgOnline (1)
- buygenericCanDeprenyl5mgonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericCanDeprenyl5mgonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericCanDeprenyl5mgonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericCanDeprenyl5mgonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericCanDeprenyl5mgonlinewithDiscover (1)
- Selgin5mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleSelgin5mg (1)
- genericCanDeprenyl5mgfreeshipping (1)
- genericCanDeprenyl5mgcost (1)
- Selgin5mg (1)
- Selgin5mgfastshipping (1)
- buySelgin5mggenericCanDeprenyl5mg (1)
- genericformofCanDeprenyl5mg (1)
- genericversionofCanDeprenyl5mg (1)
- CanDeprenyl5mgdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericCanDeprenyl5mgonline (1)
- CanDeprenyl5mgonlinepharmacy (1)
- Selgin5mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuySelgin5mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.