Rivamer 3 (Rivastigmine)
How it works
What is Rivastigmine?
Rivastigmine is a medication for Alzheimerâ€™s Disease which helps in improving the function of the nerve cells in the brain. It functions by preventing the breakdown of an organic neurotransmitter chemical called acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is crucial for the processes of memory, thinking, and reasoning. The level of this chemical is usually lower than normal in people with dementia.
Rivastigmine is prescribed mainly for people with mild to moderate dementia induced by Alzheimerâ€™s disease. It is sold under various trade names, some of which are Exelon and Rivamer (made by Sun Pharma). Rivastigmine may also be given for treatments not listed here.
Important Information about Rivastigmine
You should inform your doctor in advance before taking Rivastigmine Alzheimerâ€™s medication (Exelon, Rivamer) if you have any of these conditions: heart disease, a heart rhythm disorder such as (sick sinus syndrome), urination problems, enlarged prostate, asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), a seizure disorder, asthma, kidney disease, or liver disease.
Cease the use of Rivastigmine medication and seek medical attention right away if you experience chest pain, low heart rate, bloody stools, coughing up blood, reduced urination, weakness, confusion, extreme thirst, or hot or dry skin.
There are several drugs which can interact with Rivastigmine. Notify your doctor about all medications and related products (OTC vitamin pill, herbal products and others) which you may be using prior to taking this medication.
If you are scheduled for a surgery, you may be required to suspend taking Rivastigmine for a short period. Notify your surgeon well in advance that you are taking this medication. Rivastigmine may impact your thinking capabilities and reflexes. So take extra care while indulging in activities that require a high degree of mental awareness and thinking such as driving.
Rivastigmine is an FDA pregnancy category B drug. This medication is not expected to harm an unborn baby if taken while being pregnant. Notify your doctor of you pregnancy or any plans to become pregnant. It is not known if Rivastigmine can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. Do not take this medication without asking a doctor if you are breast feeding a baby.
Before taking Rivastigmine
Before taking Rivastigmine (Exelon, Rivamer), take care of all precautions mentioned above and discuss them with your doctor.
How should I take Rivastigmine?
Take Rivastigmine Alzheimerâ€™s medication (Exelon, Rivamer) strictly according to your doctorâ€™s direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Your doctor may occasionally change the dosage to get the maximum benefit out of the medication. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over.
Rivastigmine is normally taken twice a day (morning and evening). Take this medication preferably with food. Take the tablet with a full glass of water. Always store Rivastigmine medication in a cool and dry place.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Rivastigmine, take it as soon as you remember. Donâ€™t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
What if I overdose?
In case of an overdose of Rivastigmine, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately. Overdose may cause severe nausea, vomiting, cramps in stomach, sweating, slow heart rate, light headedness, or seizures.
Things and Activities to avoid while taking Rivastigmine
Rivastigmine may impact your thinking capabilities and reflexes. So take extra care while indulging in activities that require a high degree of mental awareness and thinking such as driving.
Side Effects due to Rivastigmine
You may witness or experience some side effects while taking Rivastigmine (Exelon, Rivamer). Some of the side effects due to Rivastigmine are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, appetite loss, or weight loss. Seek emergency medical attention if any of these effects persist for a longer period or deteriorate further.
Any serious side effect is rare but get in touch with your doctor immediately if you have any of these serious side effects of Rivastigmine: fainting, unusually slow heartbeat, difficulty while urinating, seizures, black or bloody stools, bloody vomit that looks like coffee grounds, stomach pain/abdominal pain, or irregular heartbeat
These are not the only side effects of Rivastigmine medication. There may be others. Contact your doctor right away if you experience any serious side effects or if your condition worsens after taking Rivastigmine.
Rivastigmine Dosing Information
Rivastigmine dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be fixed by your doctor after examining you properly. Remember to obey your doctor strictly for best results.
Interaction with other drugs
Some drugs can interact with Rivastigmine. Let your doctor know in advance if you are already using any of these interacting drugs: atropine, belladonna, scopolamine, inium, dicyclomine, glycopyrrolate, hyoscyamine, mepenzolate, methantheline, methscopolamine, propantheline, or scopolamine.
The list of drugs mentioned here in this guide is not a complete one and there may be other interacting drugs. Share the list of all present medications which you may be using with your doctor. Never start a new medication on your own.
- Apply one patch per day by pressing it firmly in place for at least 30 seconds to only one of the following locations: left upper arm or right upper arm, left upper chest or right upper chest (avoid breast), left upper back or right upper back, left lower back or right lower back.
- Do not apply a new patch to that same location of skin twice within 14 days.
- Before you apply a patch, make sure that your skin is clean, dry and hairless, free of any powder, oil, moisturizer, or lotion that could keep the patch from sticking to your skin properly, free of cuts, rashes and/or irritations. Do not cut the patch into pieces.
- Do not expose the patch to any external heat sources (e.g. excessive sunlight, saunas, solarium) for long periods of time. Make sure the patch does not loosen during any physical activities such as bathing, swimming or showering.
- Replace the patch with a new one only after 24 hours. If you have not applied a patch for several days, do not apply the next one before you have talked to your doctor.
- Take precautions if you have or had any of the following medical conditions: an irregular heartbeat, an active stomach ulcer, inflammation of the pancreas, difficulties in passing urine, seizures, asthma or a severe respiratory disease, trembling, low body weight, gastrointestinal reactions such as nausea, being vomiting and diarrhea, impaired liver function, planning to undergo surgery, dementia or other decreased mental ability that is not caused by Alzheimer or Parkinson disease.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as rivastigmine may cause fainting or severe confusion.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyRivamer3 (1)
- BuyRivamer3Online (1)
- Rivamer3priceinusa (1)
- Rivamer3priceinIndia (1)
- CheapRivamer3Online (1)
- Rivamer3SideEffect (1)
- BuyRivamer3PayPal (1)
- PurchaseRivamer3online (1)
- Rivamer3review (1)
- Rivamer3supplierinIndia (1)
- Rivamer3eBay (1)
- BuyGenericRivastigmine (2)
- BuyRivastigmine (2)
- BuyRivastigmineOnline (2)
- BuyRivamer3CheapRivastigmine (1)
- Rivastigminereview (2)
- BuyExelonOnlineIndia (2)
- BuyRivamer3onlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyRivamer3inIndia (1)
- BuyRivamer3OnlineUK (1)
- buygenericExelononlinecheap (2)
- isthereagenericExelon (2)
- bestwebsitetobuyExelon (2)
- genericRivastigminevs.Exelon (2)
- doesgenericRivastigminework (2)
- Rivastigminevs.Exelonreviews (2)
- BuyRivastigmineonlinePayPal (2)
- buygenericExelonfromCanada (2)
- genericExelonCanadapharmacy (2)
- CheapestRivamer3 (1)
- genericExelonforsale (2)
- genericExelononlineCanadianpharmacy (2)
- DiscountgenericExelon (2)
- OrderGenericExelonOnline (2)
- buygenericExelononlinesafely (2)
- buygenericExelononlinewithMasterCard (2)
- buygenericExelononlinewithVisa (2)
- buygenericExelononlinewithAmex (2)
- buygenericExelononlinewithDiscover (2)
- Rivamer3exporterinIndia (1)
- SaleRivamer3 (1)
- genericExelonfreeshipping (2)
- genericExeloncost (2)
- Rivamer3 (1)
- Rivamer3fastshipping (1)
- buyRivamer3genericExelon (1)
- genericformofExelon (2)
- genericversionofExelon (2)
- Exelondiscount (2)
- wheretobuygenericExelononline (2)
- Exelononlinepharmacy (2)
- Rivamer3buy (1)
- bestplacetobuyRivamer3 (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
SergioJan 27, 2016Problem gone away!!!! good product
I suffered fromRivamer for long time, after taking this pills all gone Thank you.