Progynova 1mg (Estradiol Valerate)
What is Progynova used for?
Progynova 10mg vials are a hormone replacement therapy (HRT) used to substitute for the lack of oestrogen production by the ovaries that happens during menopause or following surgical removal of the ovaries, to relieve moderate to severe symptoms of menopause caused by oestrogen deficiency, such as hot flushes, night sweats, sleeplessness, vaginal dryness, headaches, mood swings, lack of concentration and loss of energy. Progynova is also are also used to help prevent postmenopausal bone loss (osteoporosis) and reduce risk of fracture. Progynova is used to relieve the symptoms of advanced androgen-dependent carcinoma prostate cancer. Oestrogen stimulates the development of female sexual characteristics, and Progynova is used as part of a transgender hormone therapy for male to female transsexuals.
How does Progynova work?
Progynova 10mg vials contain oestradiol valerate, a synthetic form of naturally occurring oestradiol, which is the major and most active form of the female sex hormone oestrogen, and is biologically similar to the natural hormone. Each vial contains 10mg oestradiol valerate in a sterile oil solution, which is a long-acting estrogen preparation for intramuscular use by injection. Oestrogen is a st***d hormone produced by the ovaries that binds to specific receptors inside oestrogen-responsive cells and stimulates them to make proteins involved in producing secondary sexual characteristics, such as breast development and in regulating the menstrual cycle. Oestrogen also has several other actions in various metabolic processes including maintaining bone mass and lipid (fat) metabolism.
What does Progynova contain?
Progynova 10 mg vials contain the active ingredient oestradiol valerate, a synthetic form of naturally occurring oestradiol, which is the major and most active form of the female sex hormone oestrogen and is responsible for the development of female sexual characteristics and regulation of the menstrual cycle. Each vial also contains a 1ml vehicle being Peanut oil (Arachis Oil)@Treating symptoms of menopause with Progynova
Progynova 10mg injections contain oestradiol valerate a long-acting estrogen, used to treat symptoms of menopause caused by a lack of endogenous oestrogen (produced by the ovaries), such as hot flushes, night sweats, sleeplessness, vaginal dryness, headaches, mood swings, lack of concentration and loss of energy.
Progynova Dosage and Administration
Progynova (Estradiol Valerate) comes as a liquid to inject into a muscle. Consult you physician or health care professional about frequency and correct dosage for your needs. It is usually injected by a physician. Tell your physician and pharmacist if you are allergic to estrogen injection, any other estrogen products, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in estrogen injection. Ask your pharmacist or check the manufacturer`s patient information for a list of the ingredients in the brand of estrogen injection you plan to use.
Progynova for hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
Progynova 10mg injections contain the active ingredient oestradiol valerate, a synthetic form of naturally occurring oestradiol, which is the major and most active form of the female sex hormone oestrogen and is responsible for the development of female sexual characteristics and regulation of the menstrual cycle. Progynova 10mg injections are used for hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and substitute for the loss of oestrogen production by the ovaries that occurs during menopause or following surgical removal of the ovaries.
Progynova for transgender treatment
Progynova 10mg injections can be used as part of a gender reassignment program for male to female transsexuals, by providing a source of oestradiol, an active form of the female hormone oestrogen. Progynova 10mg injections stimulate the development of female secondary sexual characteristics, such as breast development and also induce metabolic changes such as fat distribution to redefine the general body shape.
Progynova for feminising hormone therapy
Progynova 10mg injections contain oestradiol valerate in a sterile oil solution, which is a long-acting estrogen preparation for intramuscular use by injection. Oestradiol valerate is a prodrug (or precursor) of natural human 17β-oestradiol, the most feminising form of the female hormone oestrogen, which provides a very effective means of feminisation when used as part of a gender reassignment program for male to female transsexuals. Progynova stimulates the development of female secondary sexual characteristics, such as breast development and also induces metabolic changes such as fat distribution to redefine the general body shape, while at the same time Progynova overrides the effects of testosterone. The more direct route of administration provided by injection may speed the physical change by creating a higher and more constant source of oestrogen.
What are the side effects of Progynova?
The most frequently reported side effects when taking Progynova 10mg injections are breast tenderness, breast pain, abdominal pain, nausea, oedema, and headache, skin rash and itching, insomnia and depression. More severe side effects include changes in liver function at higher doses and increased risk of dementia if initiated in women aged 65 or older. [?as with all hormones treatments there are more side effects than listed, please check if you wish to add others?]
What are the health risks of Progynova?
Long-term HRT with Progynova does have associated health risks, including an increased risk of breast cancer, endometrial cancer, stroke and deep vein thrombosis. For women with an intact uterus adding a progestogen to an oestrogen replacement regimen like Progynova for at least 10 days per cycle is recommended to reduce the risk of endometrial cancer.
When should Progynova not be used?
You should not use Progynova if you:
- have a past or family history of carcinoma of the breast, endometrial carcinoma or liver disease
- have deep venous thrombosis, thromboembolic disorders, cerebral vascular accident associated with oestrogen use
- abnormal genital bleeding of unknown cause
- are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- are allergic to oestradiol valerate or any of the ingredients in Progynova tablets
- are taking other medications that may interact with Progynova, such as anticonvulsants like phenytoin and carbamazepin, barbiturates, anti-infectives like rifampicin, rifabutin, nevirapine, antibiotics like penicillin,.
- A diabetic taking antidiabetics or insulin, without discussion with your doctor, as Progynova may affect your glucose tolerance
How should Progynova be injected?
Use a clean dry needle and syringe and inject the contents of one vial of Progynova (1ml) volume) deep into the upper, outer area of the gluteal muscle. The usual dose is one injection every 4 weeks, depending On what you are being treated for. How long you take Progynova injections should be as recommended by your doctor and may be for several months.
How long should you take Progynova?
You should take Progynova 10mg injections every few weeks or as recommended by your doctor for as long as your doctor recommends.
Missed dose of Progynova
If you miss a dose of Progynova take it as soon as you remember, unless it is time to take the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose. [?how does this apply for infrequent injection?]
How should Progynova be stored?
Keep Progynova vials in their box until used. Store at room temperature below 25°C, keep away from direct sunlight and do not refrigerate.
When it comes to using injectible hormones you need to use a Syringe - 2 cc/ml with 22 x1 1/2 needle attached or a Syringe - 3 cc/ml with 22 x 1 1/2 needle attached.The cc or ml is the same measure of injectible liquid.The first number 22 stands for the gauge/thickness of the needleThe 1 ½ stands for the length of the needle. See Figure 1, Examples of needlesYou want the gauge to be 22 since all injection hormones are in a oil base which allowsfor the to be time released by your body absorbing that oil and hormone blend.Why a 1 ½ length needle, it is because you are going to be injection into the muscle so itneeds to be able to reach that area.
- The drug can cause nausea, vomitting or breast tenderness.
- Do not use estradiol patches over breast stop taking estradiol and see a doctor immediately if you notice any of the following when taking estradiol:
- yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes (jaundice).
- rise in your blood pressure (symptoms may be headache, tiredness, dizziness).
- new onset migraine-like headaches.
- signs of a blood clot, such as: painful swelling and redness of the legs, sudden chest pain, difficulty in breathing.
- Do not consider estradiol alone as a contraceptive. It must be used with progestogen to provide contraceptive benefits.
- Consult your doctor if you have unusual vaginal bleeding while taking this drug, Immediately consult your doctor if you notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain, severe headache, or changes in vision. This medicine should not be taken for a very long period.
- Consult your doctor from time to time to check if you still need it.
Frequently asked questions
|Equivalent Brand||Estrace Tablet|
|Manufacturer||Bayer Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- Estradiolvalerateuses (4)
- BuyGenericEstradiolvalerate (4)
- BuyEstradiolvalerate (4)
- BuyEstradiolvalerateOnline (4)
- Estradiolvaleratereview (4)
- BuyEstraceOnlineIndia (3)
- buygenericEstraceonlinecheap (3)
- isthereagenericEstrace (3)
- bestwebsitetobuyEstrace (3)
- genericEstradiolvaleratevs.Estrace (3)
- doesgenericEstradiolvaleratework (4)
- Estradiolvaleratevs.Estracereviews (3)
- BuyEstradiolvalerateonlinePayPal (4)
- buygenericEstracefromCanada (3)
- genericEstraceCanadapharmacy (3)
- genericEstraceforsale (3)
- genericEstraceonlineCanadianpharmacy (3)
- DiscountgenericEstrace (3)
- OrderGenericEstraceOnline (3)
- buygenericEstraceonlinesafely (3)
- buygenericEstraceonlinewithMasterCard (3)
- buygenericEstraceonlinewithVisa (3)
- buygenericEstraceonlinewithAmex (3)
- buygenericEstraceonlinewithDiscover (3)
- genericEstracefreeshipping (3)
- genericEstracecost (3)
- genericformofEstrace (3)
- genericversionofEstrace (3)
- Estracediscount (3)
- wheretobuygenericEstraceonline (3)
- Estraceonlinepharmacy (3)
- BuyProgynova1mg (1)
- BuyProgynova1mgOnline (1)
- Progynova1mgpriceinusa (1)
- Progynova1mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapProgynova1mgOnline (1)
- Progynova1mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyProgynova1mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseProgynova1mgonline (1)
- Progynova1mgreview (1)
- Progynova1mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Progynova1mgeBay (1)
- BuyProgynova1mgCheapEstradiolvalerate (1)
- BuyProgynova1mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyProgynova1mginIndia (1)
- BuyProgynova1mgOnlineUK (1)
- CheapestProgynova1mg (1)
- Progynova1mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleProgynova1mg (1)
- Progynova1mg (1)
- Progynova1mgfastshipping (1)
- buyProgynova1mggenericEstrace (1)
- Progynova1mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyProgynova1mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
PaulineFeb 02, 2016Works for HRT
I've been taking a tablet every 12 hours and it's been working well (been doing this for about half a month).