Pramipex 0.5 mg (Pramipexole)
How it works
What is Pramipexole?
Pramipexole is an anti Parkinson’s disease drug used to treat the signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s disease as well as for the treatment of Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). Pramipexole works similarly as a chemical called dopamine that is formed naturally in the body. Low levels of dopamine are associated with Parkinson’s disease.
Pramipexole is sold under various trade names across several countries, a couple of which are Mirapex and Pramipex (made by Sun Pharma).
Important Information about Pramipexole
Pramipexole (Mirapex, Pramipex) causes sleepiness and can make you to fall asleep amidst normal daytime routines like walking, talking, eating, or driving. You may fall asleep suddenly, even if you are feeling absolutely fine and alert. Let your doctor know about your daytime sleepiness or drowsiness. Such daytime drowsiness and sleepiness can make certain activities like driving, difficult and dangerous. Take extra care about this.
While taking Pramipexole, you may have elevated sexual urges, unusual gambling urges, or other intense urges. Do inform your doctor about this. This medication may also cause hallucinations. Some people taking medicines for Parkinson’s disease have developed melanoma (skin cancer). Talk to your doctor about this and ask him or her about your individual risks.
Avoid alcohol consumption while taking Pramipexole. Some medications like cold or allergy drugs, narcotic pain killers, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, anti seizure drugs, or anti depressants can increase sleepiness if taken along with Pramipexole. Let your doctor know if you use any of these drugs on a regular basis. Do no discontinue taking Pramipexole medication or change dosage suddenly.
Pramipexole is an FDA pregnancy category C drug. It is not known whether it will harm an unborn baby if taken during pregnancy. It is also not known if this medication can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. You must consult your doctor prior to taking Pramipexole if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant, or breast feeding.
Before taking Pramipexole
Before taking Pramipexole, take care of all precautions mentioned above. Discuss them with your doctor and clear all doubts which you may have about this drug.
You must not take Pramipexole if you have a known allergy to it or to any of its ingredients. To ensure that this medication is safe for you, let your doctor know if you have any of the following conditions: low blood pressure, kidney disease, or tremors (dyskinesia) or uncontrolled muscle movements.
How should I take Pramipexole?
Take Pramipexole anti Parkinson’s disease medication (Mirapex, Pramipex) strictly according to your doctor’s direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular medication.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Pramipexole, take it as soon as you remember. Don’t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
What if I overdose?
In case of an overdose of Pramipexole, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately.
Things and Activities to avoid while taking Pramipexole
Pramipexole may impact your thinking capabilities and reflexes. So take extra care while indulging in activities that require a high degree of mental awareness and thinking such as driving. Avoid alcohol as it can increase the likelihood of side effects of Pramipexole. Do not get up quickly or suddenly from a sitting or lying position as doing so may make you feel dizzy and you might fall as well. Instead get up slowly.
Side Effects of Pramipexole
Some common side effects of Pramipexole are nausea, vomiting, constipation, dizziness, drowsiness, unusual sweating, headache, and dry mouth. If any of these effects persist or deteriorate, seek medical attention right away.
Pramipexole may cause serious side effects in rare cases. Seek medical attention at once if you experience any of these serious side effects: difficulty moving or walking, mood, mental or behavior changes (especially hallucinations), muscle cramps, decreased libido, or unusual urges (increased gambling or sexual urges). You may also develop a sudden drop in blood pressure, which can lead to dizziness, nausea, and fainting, especially in the initial days of starting this medication, or when your dose is increased.
Pramipexole causes sleepiness and can make you to fall asleep amidst normal daytime routines like walking, talking, eating, or driving. You may fall asleep suddenly, even if you are feeling absolutely fine and alert. Let your doctor know about your daytime sleepiness or drowsiness.
The side effects mentioned above are not the only ones that you may experience or witness due to Pramipexole. If you get any serious side effects due to this medication, contact your doctor right away.
Pramipexole Dosing Information
Pramipexole dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. Remember to follow your doctor’s advice properly for best results.
Interaction with other drugs
Some drugs can interact with Pramipexole, especially these ones: amantadine, cimetidine, diltiazem, quinidine, quinine, traimterene, verpamil, some anti emetics, or some antidepressants. However, these are not all the drugs that can potentially interact with Pramipexole. There can be others. You must inform your doctor about all the medications which you may be taking. Never start a new medication without proper medical advice.
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney disease, hallucinations (seeing, hearing or feeling non-existent things), dyskinesia (uncontrolled limb movement), sleepiness or sudden episodes of falling asleep, vision impairment, psychosis (comparable to schizophrenia), severe heart or blood vessel disease, symptoms more than usual and involving other limbs also.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you or your family notice changes in behaviour (such as unusual urges or craving to behave in a certain manner, impulsive urge or temptation to behave in a manner harmful to other or self, mania or delirium).
- Pramipexole is not recommended for use in children or adolescents less than 18 years of age.
- Avoid taking any other antipsychotic medication with pramipexole.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as pramipexole may cause hallucination or sleepiness.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while on this therapy as it may worsen the side effects.
- Doses should not be increased more frequently than every 5-7 days.
- Take precautions while taking pramipexole as it may cause or exacerbate dyskinesia (sudden uncontrollable limb movements).
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyPramipex0.5mg (1)
- BuyPramipex0.5mgOnline (1)
- Pramipex0.5mgpriceinusa (1)
- Pramipex0.5mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapPramipex0.5mgOnline (1)
- Pramipex0.5mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyPramipex0.5mgPayPal (1)
- PurchasePramipex0.5mgonline (1)
- Pramipex0.5mgreview (1)
- Pramipex0.5mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Pramipexole0.5mguses (1)
- Pramipex0.5mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericPramipexole0.5mg (1)
- BuyPramipexole0.5mg (1)
- BuyPramipexole0.5mgOnline (1)
- BuyPramipex0.5mgCheapPramipexole0.5mg (1)
- Pramipexole0.5mgreview (1)
- BuyMiraprex0.5mgOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyPramipex0.5mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyPramipex0.5mginIndia (1)
- BuyPramipex0.5mgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericMiraprex0.5mgonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericMiraprex0.5mg (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyMiraprex0.5mg (1)
- genericPramipexole0.5mgvs.Miraprex0.5mg (1)
- doesgenericPramipexole0.5mgwork (1)
- Pramipexole0.5mgvs.Miraprex0.5mgreviews (1)
- BuyPramipexole0.5mgonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericMiraprex0.5mgfromCanada (1)
- genericMiraprex0.5mgCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestPramipex0.5mg (1)
- genericMiraprex0.5mgforsale (1)
- genericMiraprex0.5mgonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericMiraprex0.5mg (1)
- OrderGenericMiraprex0.5mgOnline (1)
- buygenericMiraprex0.5mgonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericMiraprex0.5mgonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericMiraprex0.5mgonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericMiraprex0.5mgonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericMiraprex0.5mgonlinewithDiscover (1)
- Pramipex0.5mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SalePramipex0.5mg (1)
- genericMiraprex0.5mgfreeshipping (1)
- genericMiraprex0.5mgcost (1)
- Pramipex0.5mg (1)
- Pramipex0.5mgfastshipping (1)
- buyPramipex0.5mggenericMiraprex0.5mg (1)
- genericformofMiraprex0.5mg (1)
- genericversionofMiraprex0.5mg (1)
- Miraprex0.5mgdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericMiraprex0.5mgonline (1)
- Miraprex0.5mgonlinepharmacy (1)
- Pramipex0.5mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyPramipex0.5mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.