Postpone 72 (Levonorgestrel 1.5mg)
How it works
- Stopping ovaries from releasing an egg.
- Preventing sperm from fertilizing any egg that may have already released.
- Stopping a fertilized egg from attaching itself to womb lining.
Common side effects
breast tenderness, Nausea, irregular bleeding or spotting, allergic reaction ., lower stomach pain, vomiting, tiredness, temporary disturbance of your normal monthly cycle, unexpected bleeding, diarrhea, dizziness, headache
Emergency Contraceptive Pills
Emergency contraception, or post-coital contraception, refers to methods of contraception that can be used to prevent pregnancy in the first few days after intercourse. It is intended for emergency use following unprotected intercourse, contraceptive failure or misuse (such as forgotten pills or torn condoms).
Emergency contraception is effective only in the first few days following intercourse before the ovum is released from the ovary and before the sperm fertilizes the ovum. Emergency contraceptive pills cannot interrupt an established pregnancy or harm a developing embryo. Depending on their constituents this type of a contraceptive pill works by interfering either in the ovulatory, fertilization or implantation process.
One type of ECP is the Levonogestrel emergency contraceptive pill. This type of ECP has been recommended for use by the WHO. Based on reports from nine studies including 10 500 women, the WHO-recommended Levonorgestrel regimen is 52–94% effective in preventing pregnancy. The regimen is more effective the sooner after intercourse it is taken.
I-pill is a Levenorgestrel containing ECP. Studies have shown that if an ECP containing Levonorgestrel is taken in the first half of the menstrual cycle, pregnancy is avoided due to a delayed ovulation and inhibitory effect on sperm motility. However, once ovulation has taken place, it is only the Levonorgestrel’s effect on sperm migration that aids in avoiding a pregnancy. However, Levonorgestrel has no effect on implantation of a fertilized egg. Hence, if the pill is taken post implantation it is completely ineffective in preventing progression of pregnancy. The implanted egg is not aborted. Hence there is a specific time-frame within which ECP can prevent pregnancy.
This type of ECP is known to be safe, do not cause abortion or have any effects on future fertility. Importantly, if a levornorgestrel ECP is taken accidently after pregnancy has occurred, this type of ECP is known not to have any effect on fetal development and hence is very safe. There are no known medical contra-indications with this kind of ECP and the side effects are very mild, such as nausea and headache, if any.
The primary difference between an ECP and an abortion pill is that an ECP does not have post-implantation effects. Abortion pills such as mifepristone, are anti-progestin pills that have an effect on the uterus wall and decrease progesterone production. These processes eventually cause detachment of the egg from the uterus wall and abortion. Unlike the ECP, the effectiveness of abortion pills is not time-bound.
Emergency Contraceptive Pills
- Emergency contraception, or post-coital contraception, refers to methods of contraception that can be used to prevent pregnancy in the first few days after intercourse. It is intended for emergency use following unprotected intercourse, contraceptive failure or misuse (such as forgotten pills or torn condoms).
- Emergency contraceptive pill works by interfering either in the ovulatory, fertilization or implantation process
- One type of ECP recommended by the WHO is the Levonogestrel emergency contraceptive pill
- I-pill is a Levonogestrel containing ECP which helps prevent pregnancy by delaying ovulation or inhibiting sperm migration
- It’s a safe mode of contraception with very few mild side effects and without impacting future fertility
- Unlike abortion pills, a levornogestrel containing ECP does not affect an implanted fertilized egg. This type of an ECP can only prevent pregnancy if taken within a certain time-frame after sexual intercourse.
i-pill, an emergency contraceptive pill launched in 2007, was the first emergency contraceptive brand in the OTC space.
Piramal acquired i-pill in 2010 and it continues to be the preferred brand for emergency contraception.
An unplanned pregnancy or fear of an unplanned pregnancy due to contraception failure can disrupt a woman’s life and have severe consequences, in some cases leading to abortion as well.
i-pill should be taken not later than 72 hours after unprotected sex to avoid an unwanted pregnancy.
i-pill contains levonorgestrel 1.5 mg, a progestogen which helps prevent the implantation of the egg in the uterus and avoids the beginning of pregnancy.
How does it work:
i-pill can work in any of the two different ways depending on where you may be in your menstrual cycle.
- It may stop an egg being released from the ovary.
- If an egg has been released, i-pill may prevent the sperm from fertilizing it.
Directions for use:
i-pill is a single dose tablet to be taken orally. It should be swallowed with some water after a meal. i-pill should be taken as early as possible and not later than 72 hours of unprotected sex or contraceptive failure.
Each pack of i-pill contains 1 single use emergency contraceptive pill
Where to buy:
Available at safegenericpharmacy.com
- If you throw up within 3 hours of taking the tablet, you will need to take another tablet.
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in this medicine.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have ever had a disease called salpingitis (inflammation of the Fallopian tubes).
- If you have severe liver problems.
- If you have severe digestive problems (e.g. Crohn’s disease).
- If you have ever had an ectopic pregnancy (where a baby develops outside the womb), fallopian tube surgery or pelvic inflammatory disease.
- If you are under 16 years of age (your local family planning clinic may also be able to help)
- If you are breastfeeding.
- This medicine can sometimes disturb your normal monthly cycle (period). If delayed by more than 5 days late, or is unusually light or heavy you should talk to your doctor as soon as possible and have a pregnancy test. This medicine may make you feel dizzy or tired.
- Do not drive or use machines until you are sure you are not affected. A pregnancy will not normally be affected by taking this medicine, however there is a risk that a pregnancy may continue outside of the womb (ectopic pregnancy). It is important that you talk to your doctor about it. As an IUD: You should not use this device if you are allergic to levonorgestrel, silicone, silica, silver, barium, iron oxide, or polyethylene.
- abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- an untreated or uncontrolled pelvic infection (vaginal, cervical uterine, or bladder).
- a history of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), unless you have had a normal pregnancy after the infection treated uterine fibroid tumors past or present breast cancer, known or suspected cervical or uterine cancer;liver disease or liver tumor (benign or malignant);if you have another intrauterine device (IUD) in place. After each menstrual period you should check to make sure you can still feel the removal strings. Wash your hands with soap and water, and insert your clean fingers into the vagina. You should be able to feel the strings at the opening of your cervix.
- Call your doctor at once if you cannot feel the strings, or if you think the device has slipped lower in your uterus or out of your uterus. A sudden increase in menstrual flow may be a sign that the device has slipped out of place.
Frequently asked questions
|Equivalent Brand||Plan B|
|Manufacturer||Leeford Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- Levonorgestreluses (3)
- BuyGenericLevonorgestrel (3)
- BuyLevonorgestrel (3)
- BuyLevonorgestrelOnline (3)
- Levonorgestrelreview (3)
- BuyPlanBOnlineIndia (3)
- buygenericPlanBonlinecheap (3)
- isthereagenericPlanB (3)
- bestwebsitetobuyPlanB (3)
- genericLevonorgestrelvs.PlanB (3)
- doesgenericLevonorgestrelwork (3)
- Levonorgestrelvs.PlanBreviews (3)
- BuyLevonorgestrelonlinePayPal (3)
- buygenericPlanBfromCanada (3)
- genericPlanBCanadapharmacy (3)
- genericPlanBforsale (3)
- genericPlanBonlineCanadianpharmacy (3)
- DiscountgenericPlanB (3)
- OrderGenericPlanBOnline (3)
- buygenericPlanBonlinesafely (3)
- buygenericPlanBonlinewithMasterCard (3)
- buygenericPlanBonlinewithVisa (3)
- buygenericPlanBonlinewithAmex (3)
- buygenericPlanBonlinewithDiscover (3)
- genericPlanBfreeshipping (3)
- genericPlanBcost (3)
- genericformofPlanB (3)
- genericversionofPlanB (3)
- PlanBdiscount (3)
- wheretobuygenericPlanBonline (3)
- PlanBonlinepharmacy (3)
- BuyPostpone72 (1)
- BuyPostpone72Online (1)
- Postpone72priceinusa (1)
- Postpone72priceinIndia (1)
- CheapPostpone72Online (1)
- Postpone72SideEffect (1)
- BuyPostpone72PayPal (1)
- PurchasePostpone72online (1)
- Postpone72review (1)
- Postpone72supplierinIndia (1)
- Postpone72eBay (1)
- BuyPostpone72CheapLevonorgestrel (1)
- BuyPostpone72onlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyPostpone72inIndia (1)
- BuyPostpone72OnlineUK (1)
- CheapestPostpone72 (1)
- Postpone72exporterinIndia (1)
- SalePostpone72 (1)
- Postpone72 (1)
- Postpone72fastshipping (1)
- buyPostpone72genericPlanB (1)
- Postpone72buy (1)
- bestplacetobuyPostpone72 (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.