Pioglit MF Forte
Pioglitazone and Metformin HCl is a combination of an oral medicine given in the treatment of diabetes. This drug is recommended for the type 2 diabetes. It is not given in type -1 diabetes. Pioglitazone and Metformin HCL helps to keep control over blood sugar levels in the body. It is one of the most preferred drugs given in the diabetes. It can be taken alone or with other diabetes medicines.
How it works?
Pioglitazone belongs to class of thiazolidinedione. Pioglitazone decreases insulin resistance in the periphery and in the liver that helps the body make better use of insulin it produces and also decreases the glucose output from the liver. Metformin belongs to class of medications called antidiabetics.It decreases the amount of glucose absorbed from the food and the amount ofglucose made by liver. Metformin also increases the body's response to insulin(a natural substance that controls the amount of glucose in the blood).
When should you avoid it?
You should not take this drug if you:
- Are hypersensitive towards any of the ingredients present in this drug
- Have a history of heart related problems
- Have history of prostate cancer
- Have a kidney disease
- Have metabolic acidosis
- Have fluid retention problems
- Have type-1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis
- Are breast feeding
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are 80 years or older
How much to take?
The dose varies from person to person depending upon the severity and demand of the condition. Hence you should follow the instructions given by the doctor. Generally, the recommended dosage starts from 15 mg/500 mg and can be increased up to 15 mg/ 850 mg depending upon the patient’s health conditions. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Pioglitazone and Metformin HCl are available in the following strength combination on our website:
- Pioglit MF Forte 15 mg + 850 mg
- Pioglit MF 7.5/500mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Both the Pioglit MF products are manufactured by Sun Pharmaceuticals ltd and are available on our website in the packs of 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
How to take?
Always swallow the tablet with plenty of fluids. Don’t chew or split the tablet. Monitor your blood sugar levels on a regular basis. This drug is to be taken on the regular basis and can be increased depending upon the individual’s response. An individual who have diabetes, at times can develop extreme low blood sugar levels. Common symptoms are as follows:
- Shaky movements
Always keep a fruit juice, raisins or any other source of sugar that can be taken immediately in order to overcome these symptoms. Always ask your family and friends to help you in an emergency.
When to take?
Take the drug as prescribed by the doctor. Pioglitazone and Metformin HCl can be taken once or twice a day.
For how long should it be taken?
Do not stop taking Pioglitazone and Metformin HCl without consulting with your doctor. This drug is meant to be taken on regular basis, so keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the doctor.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, talk to Doctor or Poisons information centre for advice. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter below stated symptoms:
- Vision problems
- Pain in stomach
What if you miss the dose?
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing dose. Consult your Doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to balance the missed one.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine has some side effects; this is the one medicine which has some mild and severe side effects also.
Some severe side effects are as following:
- Change in vision
- Blocked nose
- Metallic taste
- Pale skin
- Swelling of face, lips and throat and tongue
- Upper stomach pain, loss of appetite
- Breath shortness
- Rapid gain of weight
- Painful micturition
- Change in color of urine
- Tooth problems
- Muscle pain
- Fluid retention
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Give a complete account of your medicines consumed till date. Tell your doctor about the Over the counter drugs and nutritional supplements you are taking. Doctor will provide you a list of the drugs that will interact with Pioglitazone and Metformin HCl and may hamper its therapeutic efficacy. Some of the drugs which interact with Pioglitazone and Metformin HCl are as follows:
- Other oral diabetes
- Thyroid medicines
- Birth control pills
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Avoid the intake of alcohol
- Don’t use the expired drug
- Avoid the intake of diuretics and high fever pills as they may cause dehydration and increases the risk of lactic acidosis
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking
- Always monitor your blood sugar levels
- Don’t share your medicine with anyone else even if the symptoms are same
|Equivalent Brand||Actoplus Met|
|Generic Name||Pioglitazone + Metformin|
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyPioglitMFForte (1)
- BuyPioglitMFForteOnline (1)
- PioglitMFFortepriceinusa (1)
- PioglitMFFortepriceinIndia (1)
- CheapPioglitMFForteOnline (1)
- PioglitMFForteSideEffect (1)
- BuyPioglitMFFortePayPal (1)
- PurchasePioglitMFForteonline (1)
- PioglitMFFortereview (1)
- PioglitMFFortesupplierinIndia (1)
- Pioglitazone+Metforminuses (1)
- PioglitMFForteeBay (1)
- BuyGenericPioglitazone+Metformin (1)
- BuyPioglitazone+Metformin (1)
- BuyPioglitazone+MetforminOnline (1)
- BuyPioglitMFForteCheapPioglitazone+Metformin (1)
- Pioglitazone+Metforminreview (1)
- BuyPioglitMFForteOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyPioglitMFForteonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyPioglitMFForteinIndia (1)
- BuyPioglitMFForteOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericPioglitMFForteonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericPioglitMFForte (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyPioglitMFForte (1)
- genericPioglitazone+Metforminvs.PioglitMFForte (1)
- doesgenericPioglitazone+Metforminwork (1)
- Pioglitazone+Metforminvs.PioglitMFFortereviews (1)
- BuyPioglitazone+MetforminonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericPioglitMFFortefromCanada (1)
- genericPioglitMFForteCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestPioglitMFForte (1)
- genericPioglitMFForteforsale (1)
- genericPioglitMFForteonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericPioglitMFForte (1)
- OrderGenericPioglitMFForteOnline (1)
- buygenericPioglitMFForteonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericPioglitMFForteonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericPioglitMFForteonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericPioglitMFForteonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericPioglitMFForteonlinewithDiscover (1)
- PioglitMFForteexporterinIndia (1)
- SalePioglitMFForte (1)
- genericPioglitMFFortefreeshipping (1)
- genericPioglitMFFortecost (1)
- PioglitMFForte (1)
- PioglitMFFortefastshipping (1)
- buyPioglitMFFortegenericPioglitMFForte (1)
- genericformofPioglitMFForte (1)
- genericversionofPioglitMFForte (1)
- PioglitMFFortediscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericPioglitMFForteonline (1)
- PioglitMFForteonlinepharmacy (1)
- PioglitMFFortebuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyPioglitMFForte (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
James CorlyJan 28, 2016Very effective
Very effective in controlling my blood sugars. I have had Pioglit and lower over the last 3 years taking 850 mg/day. Recently company changed insurance and I no longer have perscription coverage, I am looking for generic version now so Good.