Phexin 250 mg (Cephalexin)
What is cephalexin?
Cephalexin is in a group of drugs called cephalosporin antibiotics and is used to fight bacteria in the body. It works by interfering with the bacteria's cell wall formation, causing it to rupture, and killing the bacteria. Cephalexin is used to treat infections caused by bacteria, including upper respiratory infections, ear infections, skin infections, and urinary tract infections. Cephalexin may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.Cephalexin is a cephalosporin antibiotic drug that is prescribed for the treatment of various bacterial infections including upper respiratory infections, ear infections, skin infections, and urinary tract infections. It is available as Keflex, Phexin (GSK) and a host of other trade names.
Do not use this medication if you are allergic to cephalexin, or to similar antibiotics, such as Ceclor, Ceftin, Cefzil, Duricef, Fortaz, Omnicef, Spectracef, Suprax, and others.Before using cephalexin, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs (especially penicillins), or if you have kidney or liver disease, a stomach or intestinal disorder such as colitis, diabetes, or if you are malnourished. Take this medication for the entire length of time prescribed by your doctor. Your symptoms may get better before the infection is completely treated. Cephalexin will not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu.
How should I take cephalexin?
Take cephalexin exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not use the medication in larger amounts, or use it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the instructions on your prescription label. Take cephalexin with a full glass of water. Dissolve the cephalexin dispersible tablet in a small amount of water, about 2 teaspoonfuls. Stir this mixture and drink all of it right away. To make sure you get the entire dose, add a little more water to the same glass, swirl gently and drink right away. Do not swallow or chew a dispersible tablet. Shake the cephalexin oral suspension (liquid) well just before you measure a dose. To be sure you get the correct dose, measure the liquid with a marked measuring spoon or medicine cup, not with a regular table spoon. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist for one.
Take cephalexin for the entire length of time prescribed by your doctor. Your symptoms may get better before the infection is completely treated. Cephalexin will not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu. This medication can cause you to have unusual results with certain medical tests. Tell any doctor who treats you that you are using cephalexin. Store the tablets and capsules at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Store the liquid medicine in the refrigerator. Throw away any unused medication after 14 days.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the medicine at your next regularly scheduled time. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medicine. Overdose symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea, and blood in your urine.
What should I avoid?
Antibiotic medicines such as cephalexin can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or has blood in it, call your doctor. Do not use any medicine to stop the diarrhea unless your doctor has told you to.
Cephalexin dosing information
Applies to the following strength(s): 250 mg ; 500 mg ; 125 mg/5 mL ; 250 mg/5 mL ; hydrochloride 500 mg ; 125 mg ; 750 mg
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Cephalexin Side Effects
Some of the side effects of Cephalexin are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, joint paint, vaginal itching or discharge. These effects are non serious and should go away after some time. The details provided here are limited and non exhaustive. You may experience some side effects which have no reference over here. If you feel that the effects are serious, do not hesitate to seek emergency medical assistance.
Interaction with other drugs
Other drugs may interact with Cephalexin. Let your doctor know in advance if you use any other drugs or related products, especially blood thinner like warfarin, metformin, and probenecid. However, these are not the only possible interacting drugs. Remember to follow the directions of your doctor regarding any medications. Do not start a new medication without your doctor's advice.
|Manufacturer||GSK Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- Cephalexin250mguses (2)
- BuyGenericCephalexin250mg (2)
- BuyCephalexin250mg (2)
- BuyCephalexin250mgOnline (2)
- Cephalexin250mgreview (2)
- BuyKeflex250mgOnlineIndia (2)
- buygenericKeflex250mgonlinecheap (2)
- isthereagenericKeflex250mg (2)
- bestwebsitetobuyKeflex250mg (2)
- genericCephalexin250mgvs.Keflex250mg (2)
- doesgenericCephalexin250mgwork (2)
- Cephalexin250mgvs.Keflex250mgreviews (2)
- BuyCephalexin250mgonlinePayPal (2)
- buygenericKeflex250mgfromCanada (2)
- genericKeflex250mgCanadapharmacy (2)
- genericKeflex250mgforsale (2)
- genericKeflex250mgonlineCanadianpharmacy (2)
- DiscountgenericKeflex250mg (2)
- OrderGenericKeflex250mgOnline (2)
- buygenericKeflex250mgonlinesafely (2)
- buygenericKeflex250mgonlinewithMasterCard (2)
- buygenericKeflex250mgonlinewithVisa (2)
- buygenericKeflex250mgonlinewithAmex (2)
- buygenericKeflex250mgonlinewithDiscover (2)
- genericKeflex250mgfreeshipping (2)
- genericKeflex250mgcost (2)
- genericformofKeflex250mg (2)
- genericversionofKeflex250mg (2)
- Keflex250mgdiscount (2)
- wheretobuygenericKeflex250mgonline (2)
- Keflex250mgonlinepharmacy (2)
- BuyPhexin250mg (1)
- BuyPhexin250mgOnline (1)
- Phexin250mgpriceinusa (1)
- Phexin250mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapPhexin250mgOnline (1)
- Phexin250mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyPhexin250mgPayPal (1)
- PurchasePhexin250mgonline (1)
- Phexin250mgreview (1)
- Phexin250mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Phexin250mgeBay (1)
- BuyPhexin250mgCheapCephalexin250mg (1)
- BuyPhexin250mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyPhexin250mginIndia (1)
- BuyPhexin250mgOnlineUK (1)
- CheapestPhexin250mg (1)
- Phexin250mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SalePhexin250mg (1)
- Phexin250mg (1)
- Phexin250mgfastshipping (1)
- buyPhexin250mggenericKeflex250mg (1)
- Phexin250mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyPhexin250mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
ManlyJan 27, 2016Perfect Result!!
Very hard to manage diarrhea while taking the antibiotic. Very tired and stomach was distended. "