Oxitan 50mg/25ml (Oxaliplatin)
How it works
Common side effects
back pain, rectal haemorrhage, hyperhidrosis, weight gain or loss, arthralgia, dizziness, Infection of nose or respiratory tract, dysgeusia, pulmonary embolism, diarrhea, raised blood creatinine., motor neuritis, epistaxis, hypokalaemia, nausea, peripheral sensory neuropathy, asthenia, hiccups, gastroesophageal reflux, deep vein thrombosis, fever, electrolyte imbalance, vomiting, raised liver enzyme, depression, blood sugar abnormalities, injection site reaction, coughing, conjunctivitis, dysuria, bone pain, hematuria, alopecia, nail disorder, vision disturbance, dyspnoea, fatigue, allergic reaction, rash, white blood cells or platelets, abnormal micturition frequency, stomatitis, flushing, anorexia, abdominal pain, skin exfoliation, meningism, headache, reduced blood cell count including low red blood cells, constipation, dyspepsia, insomnia
- Do not start oxaliplatin if your blood counts are too low or have weakness, numbness, disturbances of feeling or taste after taking oxaliplatin treatment, if you are taking 5-fluorouracil.
- Take precautions as oxaliplatin may reduce the ability of your body fight infections.
- Avoid situations that may put you at risk of bleeding as oxaliplatin can reduce clot forming cells in your body.
- Take necessary precaution as oxaliplatin can make you more sensitive to cold, which can cause numbness, tingling, and muscle spasms.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as oxaliplatin can cause nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and other neurologic symptoms.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Fresenius Kabi, India|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.