Patanol Eye Drop 5ml (Olopatadine 0.1%)
How it works
What is Olopatadine HCl (Opthalmic)?
Olopatadine HCl (Opthlamic) is an eye drop medication used for the treatment of itchiness or redness in the eyes caused by allergies. It is an antihistamine that reduces histamine (a naturally occuring chemical which produces symptoms of itchy, red or watery eyes) in the body. Olopatadine HCl Opthalmic is sold as Patanol and Optanol (made by Alcon Laboratories Inc). This medication may also be used for conditions not mentioned above.
Important Information about Olopatadine HCl (Opthalmic)
Do not use Olopatadine HCl Opthalmic (Patanol, Optanol) if you are allergic to Olopatadine. Do not apply this medication in your eyes while wearing contact lenses. After applying the eye drops, wait for at least 15 minutes before wearing on your contact lenses. Avoid contact lenses if you eyes are red or irritated.
Stop using Olopatadine HCl eye drops and get medical attention if you have severe eye pain, trouble breathing, or severe burning, stinging, itching, or redness in your eyes.
Before using Olopatadine HCl (Opthalmic)
If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, ask your doctor if you can safely use it without affecting your pregnancy or health. Also, if you are breast feeding a baby, ask your doctor if you can use Olopatadine HCl medication without affecting your baby as the medication may pass into breast milk. This medication is not recommended for children under 3 years of age.
How should I use Olopatadine HCl (Opthalmic)?
You must use Olopatadine HCl Opthalmic medication strictly as advised by your doctor. Not doing so may lead to worsening of your condition rendering the medication ineffective. Eye drops are easy to apply in your eyes. Ask for help if you are not able to administer them yourself. Do not apply more than the required amount of medication in your eyes.
Always store Olopatadine HCl eye drops in a cool and dark place, away from heat, moisture, children and pets.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. Don't take the missed dose if the time for the next dose is near. Never use multiple doses at short intervals.
What if I overdose?
An overdose of Olopatadine HCl eye drops is unlikely.
What should I avoid while taking Olopatadine HCl
Do not use other medicinal eye drops while using Olopatadine HCl, unless or otherwise advised by your doctor.
Olopatadine HCl (Opthalmic) Side Effects
Some common side effects of Olopatadine HCl Opthalmic medications are mild burning, stinging, itching, irritation, or discomfort, runny nose, bitter taste, or headache. If any of these side effects persist or if you get a severe form of these conditions, get medical attention right away.
The side effects above due to this medication are not all the possible ones that you may experience. There may be other reactions and side effects due to Olopatadine HCl eye drops. You may also inform the FDA about your side effects by calling at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Interaction with other drugs
It is unlikely that other drugs will affect the working of Olopatadine HCl Opthalmic drops. However, there are several drugs which can interact with each other. Let your doctor know about all other medications which you may be using. Never start a new medication course without consulting your doctor.
- Do not use olopatadine eye drops while you are wearing contact lenses. Do not use contact lenses for at least 10-15 mins after using olopatadine in the eye.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses while you are on olopatadine eye drops treatment or while your eye is inflamed and red.
- Temporary blurred vision or other visual disturbances may affect the ability to drive or use machines. If blurred vision occurs at instillation of olopatadine eye drops, wait until the vision clears before driving or using machinery.
- If with olopatadine you are concomitantly using other eye drops or eye ointment medicines, leave at least 5 minutes between each medicine; Eye ointments should be administered last.
- Always follow directions of use given in the package insert while using eye drops.
- Olopatadine when taken orally may cause sleepiness. Avoid driving a car or operating machinery when treated with oral olopatadine.
- Do not use oral olopatadine if you have renal disorder or hepatic disorder.
Frequently asked questions
|Strength||0.1% (5 ml )|
|Manufacturer||Alcon Lab, India|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
TrentJan 27, 2016Excellent experience
Fast, discrete and quality products from reputable manufacturers. Responsive support staff, assistance at every step.