Nitrogesic Ointment (Nitroglycerin 0.2%)
How it works
Nitrogesic—for the treatment of moderate to severe pain associated with chronic anal fissure
Nitrogesic, a nitroglycerin ointment, is the only FDA-approved medicine for the treatment of moderate to severe pain from chronic anal fissure. In a clinical study, Nitrogesic was found to be effective in treating moderate to severe pain from chronic anal fissure. One common side effect of Nitrogesic is headache. Here’s why: the nitroglycerin in Nitrogesic increases blood flow to the anal area. That same kind of increased blood flow also occurs in the head and brain, which can cause headaches.
Nitrogesic may cause dose-related headaches, which may be severe, but as you get used to Nitrogesic, they may become less severe. The good news is that this type of headache usually doesn’t last very long and can be treated with an over-the-counter medicine, such as Tylenol® (acetaminophen). If the headaches are unpleasant, you may need to ask your doctor whether you should stop using Nitrogesic. There are additional side effects and risks associated with Nitrogesic. Please see Important Risk Information below.
How to use Nitrogesic
- Apply the ointment every 12 hours exactly as your doctor has told you to
- Cover your finger with plastic wrap, a disposable surgical glove, or a finger cot
- Lay the covered finger alongside the 1-inch dosing line marked on the side of the medicine box so that the tip of your finger is at one end of the dosing line
- Refer to carton for accurate dosage guide
- Starting at the tip of the finger, squeeze the ointment onto your finger so it is the same length as what is marked on the box
- Gently insert the finger with the ointment into the anal canal, up to the first finger joint
- Carefully smear the ointment around the inner sides of the anal canal. If this cannot be achieved due to pain, apply the ointment directly to the outside of the anus
- When you are done, throw the finger covering into the garbage, out of the reach of children and pets. Remember to wash your hands
Follow your doctor’s instructions
about how often and how long to use Nitrogesic
What is Nitrogesic?
- Nitrogesic (nitroglycerin) Ointment 0.2% is a prescription medicine used to treat moderate to severe pain caused by chronic anal fissures. An anal fissure is a tear in the skin lining the anal canal.
- Nitrogesic is not suitable for children and adolescents under the age of 18 years because it has not been studied in this age group.
Who should not use Nitrogesic?
Do not use Nitrogesic if you:
- Are taking a medicine for erectile dysfunction (male impotence), such as Viagra® (sildenafil), Cialis® (tadalafil), or Levitra® (vardenafil), or for pulmonary hypertension. If you have questions, consult your pharmacist or healthcare provider
- Have been told by your doctor that you have severe anemia (low numbers of red blood cells)
- Have increased intracranial pressure or high pressure within your skull (eg, following a head injury or bleeding in your brain)
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients in Nitrogesic, or have had an allergic reaction to similar medications in the past
What should I tell my healthcare provider before using Nitrogesic?
Tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- Have low blood pressure
- Have recently had a heart attack
- Have heart or blood vessel disorders
- Suffer from migraine or recurrent headaches
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if Nitrogesic or the components of Nitrogesic will harm your unborn baby
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if Nitrogesic or the components of Nitrogesic will harm your child if you breastfeed
Nitrogesic may lower your blood pressure. When getting up from a lying or sitting position, you should get up slowly, otherwise you might feel faint.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Tell your doctor if you are taking other products that contain nitroglycerin, a medicine for erectile dysfunction, medicines used to treat high blood pressure, aspirin, ergotamine (used to treat migraine), tissue-type plasminogen activator (used to help dissolve blood clots in the heart, lungs, and brain), or are to be given heparin.
What should I avoid while using Nitrogesic?
- Do not drive or operate machinery immediately after applying Nitrogesic. If you feel dizzy or light-headed after applying the ointment, do not drive or operate machinery until the dizziness has stopped.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while you are using Nitrogesic as your blood pressure is more likely to be affected if you consume alcoholic beverages.
What are the possible side effects of Nitrogesic?
- Nitrogesic can cause serious allergic reactions, including swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat, or difficulty breathing. If you have an allergic reaction, stop using Nitrogesic and seek immediate medical attention.
- The most common side effects of Nitrogesic are: Headaches, which can be severe. If you have a headache, you may take over-the-counter painkillers (such as acetaminophen), or ask your doctor whether you should stop taking Nitrogesic.Dizziness, faintness on standing, or light-headedness
These are not all the possible side effects of Nitrogesic. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Keep Nitrogesic out of the reach of children.
|Manufacturer||Troikaa Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyNitrogesicOintment (1)
- BuyNitrogesicOintmentOnline (1)
- NitrogesicOintmentpriceinusa (1)
- NitrogesicOintmentpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapNitrogesicOintmentOnline (1)
- NitrogesicOintmentSideEffect (1)
- BuyNitrogesicOintmentPayPal (1)
- PurchaseNitrogesicOintmentonline (1)
- NitrogesicOintmentreview (1)
- NitrogesicOintmentsupplierinIndia (1)
- NitroglycerinOintmentuses (1)
- NitrogesicOintmenteBay (1)
- BuyGenericNitroglycerinOintment (1)
- BuyNitroglycerinOintment (1)
- BuyNitroglycerinOintmentOnline (1)
- BuyNitrogesicOintmentCheapNitroglycerinOintment (1)
- NitroglycerinOintmentreview (1)
- BuyRectivOintmentOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyNitrogesicOintmentonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyNitrogesicOintmentinIndia (1)
- BuyNitrogesicOintmentOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericRectivOintmentonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericRectivOintment (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyRectivOintment (1)
- genericNitroglycerinOintmentvs.RectivOintment (1)
- doesgenericNitroglycerinOintmentwork (1)
- NitroglycerinOintmentvs.RectivOintmentreviews (1)
- BuyNitroglycerinOintmentonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericRectivOintmentfromCanada (1)
- genericRectivOintmentCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestNitrogesicOintment (1)
- genericRectivOintmentforsale (1)
- genericRectivOintmentonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericRectivOintment (1)
- OrderGenericRectivOintmentOnline (1)
- buygenericRectivOintmentonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericRectivOintmentonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericRectivOintmentonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericRectivOintmentonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericRectivOintmentonlinewithDiscover (1)
- NitrogesicOintmentexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleNitrogesicOintment (1)
- genericRectivOintmentfreeshipping (1)
- genericRectivOintmentcost (1)
- NitrogesicOintment (1)
- NitrogesicOintmentfastshipping (1)
- buyNitrogesicOintmentgenericRectivOintment (1)
- genericformofRectivOintment (1)
- genericversionof (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.