Mysoline 250 mg (Primidone)
How it works
What is Primidone?
Primidone is an anti convulsant drug, also called an anti epileptic drug. It is used to control convulsions (epileptic seizures). Primidone is sold under various trade names, some of which are Myidone and Mysoline (Valeant Pharmaceuticals). This medication may also be used for conditions not mentioned here.
Important Information about Primidone
Do not take Primidone (Myidone, Mysoline) if you are allergic to it or Phenobarbital, or if you are suffering from porphyria. You must notify your doctor in advance if you are allergic to this or any other medications, or if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Primidone usage may lead to suicidal thoughts. This side effect may require you to undergo regular follow up checks by your doctor. You must notify your doctor about any new or deteriorating symptoms like mood or behavior changes, depression, anxiety, suicidal or self hurting thoughts, increased agitation, hostility, restlessness, hyperactivity (mentally or physically). Your family member and caregivers if any must be on alert for these conditions.
You must continue taking Primidone even after you donâ€™t get seizures and feel absolutely fine. Stopping the medication suddenly and without doctorâ€™s advice may result in increased seizures deteriorating your condition. Remember to follow your doctorâ€™s instructions.
Primidone may be harmful to an unborn baby if taken while being pregnant, but having a seizure during pregnancy can be also be equally dangerous. Do not take Primidone without proper medical advice if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant in the near future. If you however get pregnant while taking Primidone, do not stop it without consulting your doctor first. Controlling seizure is very important during pregnancy and the potential benefits of this medication may warrant its use against the potential risks.
Primidone can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. Do notify your doctor if you are a nursing mother and take this medication only if he or she decides whether it is safe for your or not.
Before taking Primidone
Before taking Primidone anti convulsant medication (Myidone, Mysoline), take care of all precautions mentioned above and discuss them with your doctor.
How should I take Primidone?
Take Primidone anti convulsant medication (Myidone, Mysoline) strictly according to your doctorâ€™s direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on the particular medication. Primidone is normally taken 2 to 4 times daily depending upon the seriousness of your condition. Always store Primidone medication in a cool and dry place.
What happens if I miss a dose?
You must not miss a single dose of Primidone or any medication for that matter. However, if you forget to take a dose of Primidone due to uncontrollable reasons, take it as soon as you remember it. But you must skip the missed dose and continue as per the original schedule if the time to take the next dose is almost near. Taking two doses near to each other can cause too much of the medication in the body at once and can lead to overdose.
What if I Overdose?
In case of an overdose of Primidone, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor Immediately.
What should I avoid while taking Primidone?
Remember to employ all restrictions with regards to any diet, beverages or activities which your doctor advices while taking Primidone.
Side Effects of Primidone
You may experience some side effects in the initial days of taking Primidone as your body adjusts to it. They are dizziness, drowsiness, excitation, tiredness, headache, appetite loss, nausea, or vomiting. Seek emergency medical attention if any of these effects continue for a long time or deteriorate for the worst. Primidone usage may lead to suicidal thoughts. This side effect may require you to undergo regular follow up checks by your doctor. You must notify your doctor about any new or deteriorating symptoms like mood or behavior changes, depression, anxiety, suicidal or self hurting thoughts, increased agitation, hostility, restlessness, hyperactivity (mentally or physically). Your family member and caregivers if any must be on alert for these conditions. A severe allergic reaction to Primidone is rare. But get immediate medical help if you witness or feel hives, breathing difficulty, swelling in face, nose, lips, mouth, or throat.
Primidone Dosing Information
Primidone dosage will be fixed by your doctor after examining you properly. Dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Stick to your doctorâ€™s prescribed dosage under any circumstances.
Interaction with other Drugs
Certain drugs can interact with Primidone. Inform your doctor about any medications (prescribed, OTC, or herbal products) which you may be using already before he or she prescribes you Primidone. Never start a new medication on your own without proper medical help.
- Inform your doctor if you have breathing problems or problems with kidney or liver.
- Take precautions to avoid using paracetamol along with primidone therapy as it may increase the chances of liver toxicity.
- Do not drink alcohol during primidone therapy as it may worsen the side effects.
- Primidone may cause drowsiness or sleepiness and hence it is not recommended to drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this drug.
- Seek immediate medical advice if you have any suicidal thoughts while on this therapy.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Valeant Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyMysoline250mg (1)
- BuyMysoline250mgOnline (1)
- Mysoline250mgpriceinusa (1)
- Mysoline250mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapMysoline250mgOnline (1)
- Mysoline250mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyMysoline250mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseMysoline250mgonline (1)
- Mysoline250mgreview (1)
- Mysoline250mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Myidone250mguses (1)
- Mysoline250mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericMyidone250mg (1)
- BuyMyidone250mg (1)
- BuyMyidone250mgOnline (1)
- BuyMysoline250mgCheapMyidone250mg (1)
- Myidone250mgreview (1)
- BuyPrimidone250mgOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyMysoline250mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyMysoline250mginIndia (1)
- BuyMysoline250mgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericPrimidone250mgonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericPrimidone250mg (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyPrimidone250mg (1)
- genericMyidone250mgvs.Primidone250mg (1)
- doesgenericMyidone250mgwork (1)
- Myidone250mgvs.Primidone250mgreviews (1)
- BuyMyidone250mgonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericPrimidone250mgfromCanada (1)
- genericPrimidone250mgCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestMysoline250mg (1)
- genericPrimidone250mgforsale (1)
- genericPrimidone250mgonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericPrimidone250mg (1)
- OrderGenericPrimidone250mgOnline (1)
- buygenericPrimidone250mgonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericPrimidone250mgonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericPrimidone250mgonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericPrimidone250mgonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericPrimidone250mgonlinewithDiscover (1)
- Mysoline250mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleMysoline250mg (1)
- genericPrimidone250mgfreeshipping (1)
- genericPrimidone250mgcost (1)
- Mysoline250mg (1)
- Mysoline250mgfastshipping (1)
- buyMysoline250mggenericPrimidone250mg (1)
- genericformofPrimidone250mg (1)
- genericversionofPrimidone250mg (1)
- Primidone250mgdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericPrimidone250mgonline (1)
- Primidone250mgonlinepharmacy (1)
- Mysoline250mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyMysoline250mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
OswaldJan 28, 2016"Great!"
I have been taking this medication for 30 years, and have never had a side effect or seizure. Works very well for me. No complaints.