- Do not take montelukast if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to montelukast or any of the other ingredients of montelukast.
- Contact your doctor, if your asthma or breathing gets worse.
- Montelukast is not meant to treat asthma attacks of short duration. If an attack occurs, it is advisable to always have your inhaled rescue medicine with you.
- Take asthma medications prescribed only by doctor. Montelukast should not be substituted for other asthma medications your doctor has prescribed for you.
- Consult your doctor if you get symptoms of flu-like illness, pins and needles or numbness of arms or legs, worsening of respiratory symptoms, and/or rash.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions