Micogel Cream (Miconazole 2%)
How it works
What is Miconazole?
Miconazole is an antifungal antibiotic that is used against infections caused by fungus. This medicine is primarily used in the treatment of skin infections such as athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm, and yeast infections.
Miconazole is sold under various trade names, a couple of which are Monistat and Micogel (made by Cipla). It is available as a cream.
Important Information about Miconazole
Miconazole antifungal medicine (Monistat, Micogel) should not be taken if you are allergic to it, or other azole anti fungal medications like clotrimazole, ketoconazole, econazole.
You must use this medicine for the entire prescribed period, even after all the symptoms have disappeared. The infection may still not be wiped out from your body. Not taking this medicine as prescribed can worsen your condition and cause an infection which is drug resistant.
Miconazole is an FDA pregnancy category C drug. It is not known whether it can harm an unborn baby if taken while being pregnant. It is also not known if Miconazole can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. You must take caution. Consult your doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast feeding.
Before taking Miconazole
Before taking Miconazole antifungal medicine (Monistat, Micogel), take care of all precautions mentioned above. Discuss them with your doctor and clear all doubts which you may have about this drug.
How should I use Miconazole?
Use Miconazole antifungal medication (Monistat, Micogel) strictly according to your doctor’s direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular medication.
Before and after applying the cream or lotion, wash your hands properly, unless you are using it to treat a hand infection. Clean and dry the affected area. Apply a small amount of cream (normally twice daily) for 2 to 4 weeks. Do not take Miconazole medication by mouth. Avoid covering the medicated area with dressing or bandages that don’t allow proper air circulation (occlusive dressings). Always store Miconazole medication in a cool and dry place.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Miconazole, take it as soon as you remember. Don’t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
What if I overdose?
In case of an overdose of Miconazole, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor Immediately.
Things and Activities to avoid while taking Miconazole
Follow your doctor’s advice on any food or activity restrictions while taking Miconazole. Do not take Miconazole medication by mouth. Avoid covering the medicated area with dressing or bandages that don’t allow proper air circulation (occlusive dressings). Also avoid tight fitting clothes or synthetic clothing. If you are using this medicine for jock itch in your feet, wear clean cotton socks, sandals or shoes that allows proper air circulation to the affected area.
Miconazole Side Effects
Some common side effects of Miconazole are burning, stinging, swelling, irritation, redness, pimple like bumps, tenderness, or flaking of the treated skin. If any of these side effects continue for long time or deteriorate, seek medical attention right away.
Miconazole rarely causes allergic reactions. Seek emergency medical attention if you get allergic reactions like hives, severe rash, breathing difficulty, dizziness, or breathing troubles.
The side effects mentioned above are not the only ones that you may experience or witness due to Miconazole. If you get any serious side effects due to this medication, contact your doctor right away.
Miconazole Dosing Information
Miconazole dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. Remember to follow your doctor’s advice properly for best results.
Interaction with other drugs
Many other drugs can interact with Miconazole. Let your doctor know in advance if you use any other drugs or related medical products. Never start a new medication without consulting your doctor first.
- If you experience skin rash or hives.
- If you experience swelling of your face, eyes, lips, tongue or throat.
- If you experience trouble swallowing or breathing.
- If you experience abdominal pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge.
- If you are suffering from liver problems or any other underlying diseases.
- If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- If you are breast-feeding or plan to breast-feed.
Frequently asked questions
|Equivalent Brand||Monistat Cream|
|Manufacturer||Cipla Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyMicogelCream (1)
- BuyMicogelCreamOnline (1)
- MicogelCreampriceinusa (1)
- MicogelCreampriceinIndia (1)
- CheapMicogelCreamOnline (1)
- MicogelCreamSideEffect (1)
- BuyMicogelCreamPayPal (1)
- PurchaseMicogelCreamonline (1)
- MicogelCreamreview (1)
- MicogelCreamsupplierinIndia (1)
- Miconazoleuses (1)
- MicogelCreameBay (1)
- BuyGenericMiconazole (1)
- BuyMiconazole (1)
- BuyMiconazoleOnline (1)
- BuyMicogelCreamCheapMiconazole (1)
- Miconazolereview (1)
- BuyMonistatCreamOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyMicogelCreamonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyMicogelCreaminIndia (1)
- BuyMicogelCreamOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericMonistatCreamonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericMonistatCream (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyMonistatCream (1)
- genericMiconazolevs.MonistatCream (1)
- doesgenericMiconazolework (1)
- Miconazolevs.MonistatCreamreviews (1)
- BuyMiconazoleonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericMonistatCreamfromCanada (1)
- genericMonistatCreamCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestMicogelCream (1)
- genericMonistatCreamforsale (1)
- genericMonistatCreamonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericMonistatCream (1)
- OrderGenericMonistatCreamOnline (1)
- buygenericMonistatCreamonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericMonistatCreamonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericMonistatCreamonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericMonistatCreamonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericMonistatCreamonlinewithDiscover (1)
- MicogelCreamexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleMicogelCream (1)
- genericMonistatCreamfreeshipping (1)
- genericMonistatCreamcost (1)
- MicogelCream (1)
- MicogelCreamfastshipping (1)
- buyMicogelCreamgenericMonistatCream (1)
- genericformofMonistatCream (1)
- genericversionofMonistatCream (1)
- MonistatCreamdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericMonistatCreamonline (1)
- MonistatCreamonlinepharmacy (1)
- MicogelCreambuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyMicogelCream (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
ArturoJan 27, 2016Amazing
A lot of people use this, break out or get redness, then stop. You have to be patient and get past the ugly phase to really see results.
JerryJan 27, 2016Great Job!
Safegenericpharmacy did a great job - kept me posted throughout the process and delivering the product within the time frame they had promised. They also had the best pricing. I will buy from them again!