Metolar XR 100 mg (Metoprolol)
What is Metoprolol Succinate?
Metoprolol Succinate is a beta-blocker drug that affects the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins). It is prescribed primarily for the treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure) and angina (chest pain). It is also used to prevent or treat a heart attack. Metoprolol Succinate is sold under various trade names, a couple of which are Toprol XR and Metolar (made by Cipla).
Important Information about Metoprolol Succinate
Do not take Metoprolol Succinate (Toprol XR, Metolar) if you have a known allergy to Metoprolol, or if you have a serious heart conditions such as a heart block, sick sinus syndrome, or slow heart rate
If you are scheduled for a surgery, inform your surgeon well in advance that you are using Metoprolol Succinate. You may be required to suspend taking this medicine for a short time. Also do not stop taking Metoprolol Succinate without your doctor’s advice. If you stop taking this medicine suddenly, your condition will deteriorate for the worse.
If you are being treated for high blood pressure, continue taking Metoprolol Succinate even if you don’t have any symptoms. High blood pressure doesn’t have any outwardly signs. You may have to take this medicine formany years.
Metoprolol Succinate is an pregnancy category C drug. It is not known whether this medication can harm an unborn baby if taken while being pregnant. This medication can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. You must consult your doctor before using this medication if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Before taking Metoprolol Succinate
To ensure that this drug is safe for you, inform your doctor before taking Metoprolol Succinate if you have any of the following conditions: diabetes, asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, low blood pressure, kidney or liver disease, depression, a thyroid disorder, myasthenia gravis, pheochromocytoma (tumor of the adrenal gland), circulation problems (such as Raynaud’s syndrome), or a history of allergies.
How should I take Metoprolol Succinate?
Take Metoprolol Succinate strictly according to your doctor’s directions or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular medication. Metoprolol Succinate should be taken with food or just after a meal. Do not chew or crush an extended release capsule, swallow it whole. You may break it in half and swallow it if the doctor has told you to do so. Always store this medicine in a cool and dry place.
Metoprolol Succinate is a part of a full line of treatment for blood pressure which includes diet restrictions, exercises, and other medicines. Follow a proper regimen of these things as directed by your doctor to keep your blood pressure in control.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Metoprolol Succinate for any reasons out of your control, take it the moment you remember it. However, skip the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to overdose leading to harmful effects.
What if I overdose?
In case of an overdose of Metoprolol Succinate, get emergency medical attention or call the Poison helpline at 1-800-222-1222. Overdose may result in uneven heartbeat, breathlessness, bluish colored fingernails, dizziness, weakness, seizure, or fainting.
Things and Activities to avoid while taking Metoprolol Succinate
Metoprolol Succinate may impact your thinking capability and reflexes. Take extra care while driving or other such activities that require a high level of mental awareness and alertness. Avoid or limit alcohol consumption while taking Metoprolol Succinate. Also, avoid getting up quickly from a lying or sitting position otherwise you may feel dizzy. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for any other restrictions while using this medicine.
Metoprolol Succinate Side Effects
Some common and non serious side effects of Metoprolol Succinate are dizziness, drowsiness, light headedness, diarrhea, or tiredness. If any of these side effects persist or deteriorate, seek medical attention immediately.
Metoprolol Succinate may reduce blood supply to hands and feet causing them to feel cold. This effect may be worsened by smoking. Warm dressing and tobacco avoidance is advised.
Other rare but serious side effects of this medication are very slow heartbeat, severe dizziness, fainting, blue finger or toes, breathing trouble, new or worsening symptoms of heart failure (swelling of ankles/feet, severe tiredness, shortness of breath, unexplained or sudden weight gain), mental or mood changes (confusion, mood swings, depression).
The side effects mentioned above are not the only ones that you may experience or witness due to Metoprolol Succinate. If you get any serious side effects due to this medication, contact your doctor right away. You may also report your side effects to the FDA by calling 1800-FDA-1088.
Metoprolol Succinate Dosing Information
Metoprolol Succinate dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. Remember to follow your doctor’s advice properly for best results.
Interaction with other drugs
Other drugs can interact with Metoprolol Succinate. Some of them include allergy drugs, cimetidine, clonidine, digitalis, dobutamine, terbinafine, haloperidol, isoproterenol, blood thinner such as warfarin, doxazosin, prazosin, terazosin, amiadarone, propafenone, quinidine, fluconazole, insulin or oral diabetes medicines, antidepressants, other heart or blood pressure medicine, medicines for asthma or other breathing disorders, HIV medicines, anti malaria medications, or MAO inhibitors.
However, these are not the only drugs that can interact with Metoprolol Succinate. Inform your doctor in advance if you use any other medicines or related products. Never start a new medicine without proper medical advice.
|Equivalent Brand||Toprol XL|
|Generic Name||Metoprolol Succinate|
|Manufacturer||Cipla Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyToprolXR100mgOnlineIndia (2)
- buygenericToprolXR100mgonlinecheap (2)
- isthereagenericToprolXR100mg (2)
- bestwebsitetobuyToprolXR100mg (2)
- buygenericToprolXR100mgfromCanada (2)
- genericToprolXR100mgCanadapharmacy (2)
- genericToprolXR100mgforsale (2)
- genericToprolXR100mgonlineCanadianpharmacy (2)
- DiscountgenericToprolXR100mg (2)
- OrderGenericToprolXR100mgOnline (2)
- buygenericToprolXR100mgonlinesafely (2)
- buygenericToprolXR100mgonlinewithMasterCard (2)
- buygenericToprolXR100mgonlinewithVisa (2)
- buygenericToprolXR100mgonlinewithAmex (2)
- buygenericToprolXR100mgonlinewithDiscover (2)
- genericToprolXR100mgfreeshipping (2)
- genericToprolXR100mgcost (2)
- genericformofToprolXR100mg (2)
- genericversionofToprolXR100mg (2)
- ToprolXR100mgdiscount (2)
- wheretobuygenericToprolXR100mgonline (2)
- ToprolXR100mgonlinepharmacy (2)
- BuyMetolarXR100mg (1)
- BuyMetolarXR100mgOnline (1)
- MetolarXR100mgpriceinusa (1)
- MetolarXR100mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapMetolarXR100mgOnline (1)
- MetolarXR100mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyMetolarXR100mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseMetolarXR100mgonline (1)
- MetolarXR100mgreview (1)
- MetolarXR100mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- MetoprololSuccinate100mguses (1)
- MetolarXR100mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericMetoprololSuccinate100mg (1)
- BuyMetoprololSuccinate100mg (1)
- BuyMetoprololSuccinate100mgOnline (1)
- BuyMetolarXR100mgCheapMetoprololSuccinate100mg (1)
- MetoprololSuccinate100mgreview (1)
- BuyMetolarXR100mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyMetolarXR100mginIndia (1)
- BuyMetolarXR100mgOnlineUK (1)
- genericMetoprololSuccinate100mgvs.ToprolXR100mg (1)
- doesgenericMetoprololSuccinate100mgwork (1)
- MetoprololSuccinate100mgvs.ToprolXR100mgreviews (1)
- BuyMetoprololSuccinate100mgonlinePayPal (1)
- CheapestMetolarXR100mg (1)
- MetolarXR100mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleMetolarXR100mg (1)
- MetolarXR100mg (1)
- MetolarXR100mgfastshipping (1)
- buyMetolarXR100mggenericToprolXR100mg (1)
- MetolarXR100mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyMetolarXR100mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
OminFeb 02, 2016Excellent medicine
I am so happy to have found a medication that prevents migraines, lowers my blood pressure and curbs anxiety. I was having 20 to 25 migraine days a month. So far I've only had two mild headaches that were easily treated with two ibuprofen. I feel like I have my life back. I highly recommend it."