Mebex 100mg (Mebendazole)
How it works
What is Mebendazole?
Mebendazole is an anthelmintic or anti-worm medication. It is used to prevent newly hatched insect larvae (patristic worms) from growing or multiplying in your body. It is prescribed primarily for the treatment of infections caused by worms such as whipworm, pinworm, roundworm, and hookworm. This medication may be used to treat infections caused by more than one of these parasites at the same time.
Mebendazole is sold under various trade names, a couple of which are Vermox and Mebex (made by Cipla). This medication may also be prescribed for conditions not mentioned here.
Important Information about Mebendazole
You should not take Mebendazole anthelmintic or anti-worm medication (Vermox, Mebex) if you have a known allergy to it, or to similar drugs such as albendazole. Prior to using this medication, you must inform your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs or if you have liver disease or have ever had abnormal liver function tests.
Pinworm infections spread from one person to another easily, especially with close contact. Take extra care while handling clothes, linen, and towels of infected person in the house and ensure that they are washed everyday as well as not shared by non infected people. You should properly disinfect the house to minimize the possibility of pinworm infestation.
Mebendazole is a pregnancy category C drug. It is not known whether it can harm an unborn baby if taken while being pregnant. You must not take this medication if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant without first asking your doctor. It is not known whether Mebendazole can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. Ask your doctor first before using this medication if you are breast feeding.
How should I take Mebendazole?
Take Mebendazole (Vermox, Mebex) strictly according to your doctorâ€™s direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Take Mebendazole with food. If you have difficulty in swallowing a tablet, you may chew or crush the tablet and then swallow with a glass of water.
It may take about 3 days after starting the treatment for the worms to be purged from your stomach and intestines. The time to clear the body of worms also depends of how susceptible the worm is to Mebendazole, and how quickly oneâ€™s digestive system is functioning. Fasting, laxatives, and purging will not remove the worms from the body. Always store Mebendazole in a cool and dry place.
What if I forgot to take a dose of Mebendazole?
Do not miss a single dose of Mebendazole. However, if you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. Do not take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Instead, continue with the original schedule. Never take multiple doses closer to each other.
What to do in case of an Overdose?
An overdose of Mebendazole can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or abdominal pain. If you think that you have overdosed on this medication, seek medicalattention right away or call the Doctor immediately.
Things and Activities to avoid while using Mebendazole
Family members and persons who come in close contact with the infected person must be extra careful as pinworm spreads pretty easily among people with close contact. As such, treatment of family members and other close contacts may be required. To prevent spread of pinworms and reinfection, toilets must be disinfected daily, and clothing, linens, towels, and pajamas must be changed and washed daily.
Side Effects due to Mebendazole
Some side effects of Mebendazole (Vermox, Mebex) are nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, stomach pain, or temporary hair loss. These are not all the possible side effects due to Mebendazole. There may be others. If you experience any serious side effects, stop using this medication and get emergency medical attention.
Mebendazole Dosing Information
Remember to follow the dose set by your doctor.
Interaction with other drugs
Some drugs can interact with Mebendazole reducing its effectiveness, especially anti seizure drugs such as phenytoin, ethotoin, mephenytoin, and carbamazepine. However, these are not all the possible drugs that can interact with Mebendazole. Inform your doctor about all your medications in advance. Never start a new medication, nor stop using any existing medication without proper medical advice.
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Avoid taking mebendazole If you are suffering from any brain disorder.
- Take special precaution while taking mebendazole if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
- This medicine is not recommended for children less than 2 years old.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Cipla Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyMebex100mg (1)
- BuyMebex100mgOnline (1)
- Mebex100mgpriceinusa (1)
- Mebex100mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapMebex100mgOnline (1)
- Mebex100mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyMebex100mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseMebex100mgonline (1)
- Mebex100mgreview (1)
- Mebex100mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Mebendazole100mguses (1)
- Mebex100mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericMebendazole100mg (1)
- BuyMebendazole100mg (1)
- BuyMebendazole100mgOnline (1)
- BuyMebex100mgCheapMebendazole100mg (1)
- Mebendazole100mgreview (1)
- BuyVermox100mgOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyMebex100mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyMebex100mginIndia (1)
- BuyMebex100mgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericVermox100mgonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericVermox100mg (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyVermox100mg (1)
- genericMebendazole100mgvs.Vermox100mg (1)
- doesgenericMebendazole100mgwork (1)
- Mebendazole100mgvs.Vermox100mgreviews (1)
- BuyMebendazole100mgonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericVermox100mgfromCanada (1)
- genericVermox100mgCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestMebex100mg (1)
- genericVermox100mgforsale (1)
- genericVermox100mgonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericVermox100mg (1)
- OrderGenericVermox100mgOnline (1)
- buygenericVermox100mgonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericVermox100mgonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericVermox100mgonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericVermox100mgonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericVermox100mgonlinewithDiscover (1)
- Mebex100mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleMebex100mg (1)
- genericVermox100mgfreeshipping (1)
- genericVermox100mgcost (1)
- Mebex100mg (1)
- Mebex100mgfastshipping (1)
- buyMebex100mggenericVermox100mg (1)
- genericformofVermox100mg (1)
- genericversionofVermox100mg (1)
- Vermox100mgdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericVermox100mgonline (1)
- Vermox100mgonlinepharmacy (1)
- Mebex100mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyMebex100mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
MAXJan 29, 2016Vermox is an excellent
Vermox is an excellent anti-worm drug. I went for a long trek some months back and considering the fact that such journeys do not provide proper amenities, I was exposed to contaminated water and dirt. Few days after coming back, I had constant bouts of nausea and felt weak all time. An infection was diagnosed by the doctor after a thorough check-up and I was told to take 2 Vermox tablets and within a span of 10 days, I was cured of the infection.