Lomitas 400 mg (Lomefloxacin)
How it works
What is Lomefloxacin?
Lomefloxacin is an antibiotic drug that belongs to a group of antibiotics known as fluoroquinolones. This family of drugs is used to fight bacterial infections in the body. Lomefloxacin is prescribed primarily for the treatment of bacterial infections such as bronchitis and infections of the urinary tract. This medicine also may also be given for conditions not mentioned above.
Lomefloxacin is sold under various trade names, a couple of which are Maxaquin and Lomitas (made by Cipla).
Important Information about Lomefloxacin
You must avoid taking Lomefloxacin (Maxaquin, Lomitas) if you allergic to it or to other similar antibiotics like moxifloxacin, levofloxacin, ciprofloxacin, gemifloxacin, or others. You must also not take this medication if you have ever had myasthenia gravis in the past.
Prior to taking Lomefloxacin, let your doctor know if you have a heart rhythm problem, kidney or liver disease, diabetes, joint problems, muscle weakness, breathing trouble, a condition called pseudotumor cerebri, seizures, head injury or tumor in the past, low levels of blood potassium, a personal or family history of Long QT syndrome.
Don't consume antacids, vitamin or mineral supplements, didanosine(Videx), or sucralfate(Carafate) powder or chewable tablets before 6 hours of taking Lomefloxacin or within 2 hours after taking this medication. Lomefloxacin may lead to swelling or tearing of a tendon (fibers that bind the muscles to the bones), especially the Achilles' tendon of the heel. This condition is more likely to occur in people over 60, people who take medication, or people who have had a kidney, heart, or a lung transplant. Stop taking Lomefloxacin and seek medical help immediately if you have sudden pain, swelling, tenderness, or movement problems in your joints. Rest the joint until you receive medical care or instructions.
Lomefloxacin medication can cause diarrhea which may indicate another infection. If you witness watery or bloody diarrhea, seek immediate medical attention. Don't use diarrhea medication without your doctor's advice.
It is of utmost importance that you complete the full course of the Lomefloxacin medication. Your condition may completely vanish even before completing the full dosage. If you stop taking the doses and don't complete the course, chances of a relapse of your infection increase many fold and you may suffer from a more potent infection which can be drug resistant. Lomefloxacin will not work against viral infections like cold or flu
Always store Lomefloxacin in a cool and dry place, preferably at room temperature. Keep away from heart, moisture, children and pets.
Before taking Lomefloxacin
Prior to taking Lomefloxacin (Maxaquin, Lomitas), let your doctor know if you have a heart rhythm problem, kidney or liver disease, diabetes, joint problems, muscle weakness, breathing trouble, a condition called pseudotumor cerebri, seizures, head injury or tumor in the past, low levels of blood potassium, or a personal or family history of Long QT syndrome.
If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, tell your doctor before starting a Lomefloxacin course as it may harm your baby though any such case has not been heard off. Lomefloxacin may pass into breast milk and harm your baby. Consult your doctor first if you are breast feeding and if is safe to take this medication without affecting your child.
How should I take Lomefloxacin?
Take Lomefloxacin strictly as prescribed by your doctor. Never alter the dosage by any amount or use it for longer than prescribed period. All medications come with a patient leaflet that contains complete information about the drug. Read it carefully for more details.
Take Lomefloxacin with a glass of water (8oz.). It is always better to consume several extra glasses of water or liquids each day while taking this medication. Lomefloxacin should be taken on an empty stomach, 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating a meal, or as advised by your doctor.
What if I miss a dose of Lomefloxacin?
Don't miss even a single dose of Lomefloxacin or any medication, especially antibiotics. However if you miss a dose of Lomefloxacin for any reasons, take it as soon as you remember. Don't take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Don't take two doses very close to each other to make up for the missed dose.
What to do if I over dose?
If you overdose on Lomefloxacin, get emergency medical help or contact the Doctor Immediately. You may experience symptoms like seizure, weakness, urination problems, or blue lips with anemic skin.
Things to avoid while taking Lomefloxacin
You might be taking some other medications that are not compatible with Lomefloxacin. Some of those drugs may make Lomefloxacin less potent when taken at the same time. Don't take these medications within 6 hours before or 2 hours after taking Lomefloxacin: antacids that have calcium, magnesium, or aluminum(Tums, Mylanta, Rolaids); ulcer medication sucralfate (Carafate); calcium, iron, zinc or other multi-vitamins and multi-minerals; didanosine (Videx) powder or chewable tablets.
Don't take caffeine containing food items while taking Lomefloxacin as the medication can elevate caffeine effects. Avoid unnecessary exposure to sunlight and tanning beds. Lomefloxacin intake can make you more prone to sunburn. Remember to wear proper covering clothes and apply appropriate sunscreen with at least 30 SPF on exposed portion when outdoors. Also avoid doing things which require more attention and alertness while taking Lomefloxacin as it impairs your thinking or reflexes.
Lomefloxacin Side Effects
Taking Lomefloxacin (Maxaquin, Lomitas) may result in some allergic reactions like hives, breathing difficulty, swelling on face, lips, or tongue. Stop taking this medication immediately and contact your doctor.
Lomefloxacin may cause some rare but serious side effects like fainting; severe giddiness; irregular heartbeat; unexplained pain; vision problems like pain in eye; snapping or popping sound, swelling, tenderness, stiffness in joints; watery or bloody diarrhea; confusion; hallucinations; depression; unusual behavior; seizures; severe headache; ringing in ears; decreased or dark colored urination; easy bruising or bleeding; severe skin reaction; fever; sore throat; red or purple rash that leads to blistering and peeling; or pale or yellow skin. See a doctor immediately in case of these serious effects.
There are also some less serious but commonly experience side effects of Lomefloxacin like nausea, vomiting, giddiness, dullness; blurred vision; nervousness; anxiety; aggressive behavior; changes in sleep patterns including insomnia or nightmare.
The above list of side effects is not a complete one and there may be other side effects.
Interaction with other drugs
Some medications with which Lomefloxacin may interact are tizanidine(Zanaflex),blood thinner like warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven); clozapine(Clozaril, Fazaclo); cyclosporine; glyburid; methotrexate; metoclopramide; phenytoin; probenecid; ropinirole; theophylline; ibuprofen; dicloefenac; meloxicam;. Do not take the above mentioned drugs together with Lomefloxacin without your doctor's advice and let your doctor know if you are using any of them.
The list of drugs above with which Lomefloxacin can interact is not a complete one. There may be other drugs which can interact with it. Always consult your doctor before starting a new medication and before stopping or altering the course of any existing one.
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney disease or suffer from fits (epilepsy/seizures).
- Do not drive or operate machinery while taking lomefloxacin as it may cause dizziness.
- Avoid excess exposure to sunlight while on this treatment as it may cause increased sensitivity to sunlight. Take lomefloxacin at least 12 hours before exposure to the sun to reduce the risk of sensitivity to the sun.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience severe diarrhea, stomach pain/cramps, or bloody stools.
- Do not take lomefloxacin if you experience pain, swelling, or tearing of a tendon. Take plenty of rest and do not exercise until you feel fine.
- Ensure that medicines such as sucralfate, antacids containing magnesium or aluminium, vitamin/mineral supplements containing zinc or iron are consumed before/after at least 2 hours after taking lomefloxacin.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant/are planning to become pregnant or are breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Intas Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyLomitas400mg (1)
- BuyLomitas400mgOnline (1)
- Lomitas400mgpriceinusa (1)
- Lomitas400mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapLomitas400mgOnline (1)
- Lomitas400mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyLomitas400mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseLomitas400mgonline (1)
- Lomitas400mgreview (1)
- Lomitas400mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Lomefloxacin400mguses (1)
- Lomitas400mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericLomefloxacin400mg (1)
- BuyLomefloxacin400mg (1)
- BuyLomefloxacin400mgOnline (1)
- BuyLomitas400mgCheapLomefloxacin400mg (1)
- Lomefloxacin400mgreview (1)
- BuyMaxaquin400mgOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyLomitas400mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyLomitas400mginIndia (1)
- BuyLomitas400mgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericMaxaquin400mgonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericMaxaquin400mg (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyMaxaquin400mg (1)
- genericLomefloxacin400mgvs.Maxaquin400mg (1)
- doesgenericLomefloxacin400mgwork (1)
- Lomefloxacin400mgvs.Maxaquin400mgreviews (1)
- BuyLomefloxacin400mgonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericMaxaquin400mgfromCanada (1)
- genericMaxaquin400mgCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestLomitas400mg (1)
- genericMaxaquin400mgforsale (1)
- genericMaxaquin400mgonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericMaxaquin400mg (1)
- OrderGenericMaxaquin400mgOnline (1)
- buygenericMaxaquin400mgonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericMaxaquin400mgonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericMaxaquin400mgonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericMaxaquin400mgonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericMaxaquin400mgonlinewithDiscover (1)
- Lomitas400mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleLomitas400mg (1)
- genericMaxaquin400mgfreeshipping (1)
- genericMaxaquin400mgcost (1)
- Lomitas400mg (1)
- Lomitas400mgfastshipping (1)
- buyLomitas400mggenericMaxaquin400mg (1)
- genericformofMaxaquin400mg (1)
- genericversionofMaxaquin400mg (1)
- Maxaquin400mgdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericMaxaquin400mgonline (1)
- Maxaquin400mgonlinepharmacy (1)
- Lomitas400mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyLomitas400mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
ShinjiJan 27, 2016satisfied with this medicine
Before taking the medicine I was in so much pain I could barely sit or lay down properly. Been on the medicine and i can now spent an easy and comfortable life. And it has already GREATLY improved my infection, the sores.so happy.