Linox 600 mg (Linezolid)
How it works
How to use linezolid:
Use linezolid as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Linezolid is usually given as an injection at your doctor's office, hospital, or clinic. If you will be using linezolid at home, a health care provider will teach you how to use it. Be sure you understand how to use linezolid. Follow the procedures you are taught when you use a dose. Contact your health care provider if you have any questions.
- To clear up your infection completely, take linezolid for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- Do not use linezolid if it contains particles, is cloudy or discolored, or if the vial is cracked or damaged.
- Keep this product, as well as syringes and needles, out of the reach of children and away from pets. Do not reuse needles, syringes, or other materials. Ask your health care provider how to dispose of these materials after use. Follow all local rules for disposal.
- If you miss a dose of linezolid, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use linezolid.
Common side effects
And headache., Abdominal pain, And vomiting, Taste alteration, Common: nausea, And skin rash, And diarrhea., Fungal infection due to yeast, Tooth and tongue discoloration., Common: dizziness, Abnormal liver function test
- Do not take the medicine, if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Do not eat or have foods such as aged cheese or meat, soy sauce, pickled, fermented or smoked meat, sauerkraut, tap beer or red wine which may contain tyramine that might react with your drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use linezolid, if you have taken a drug called MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days. A dangerous drug interaction could occur.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Unichem Pharma, India|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
SamirJan 27, 2016Excellent Quality
I was prescribed this generic for a raging infection contracted when I had a small surgical procedure done on my finger. Within 24 hours of the procedure, my finger was inflamed and throbbing. Keeflex was first prescribed and another 24 hours later was determined it had not touched the infection. So, I was given Zyvox. It totally eradicated the germ I had contracted. I did have some bothersome side effects, mostly with my stomach just not feeling right. Later in the second week, my tongue turned brown, but no other problems. I was very tired most of the time, and could not decide if it was the med or the infection.