Januvia 100 mg (Sitagliptin)
How it works
Understanding the drug
Sitagliptin is an oral anti hyperglycemic or anti-diabetic drug containing DPP-4 inhibitors (dipeptidylpeptidase-4 inhibitors) that lowers the blood sugar level.
How it works?
Sitagliptin works by lowering the high blood glucose (hyperglycemia). These are the drugs that increase the secretion of insulin and suppress the release of glucagon by pancreas. This drives the blood glucose levels to normal levels. As soon as the blood glucose levels become normal, then the increased changes in the insulin and glucagon stops and further prevents the hypoglycemic situation.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to Sitagliptin or any of the other ingredients
- Are pregnant or planning to do so
- Are breastfeeding
- Have type-1 diabetes mellitus
- Have diabetic ketoacidosis
- Have serious infections
- Have severe kidney problem
- Have pancreatitis
How much to take?
The usual starting dose for adults is one 100 mg once a day and the drug dosage varies from person to person. Ask the doctor for the correct dose. Do not take the drug without your doctor’s prescription.
What are the strengths available?
The drug is available in the varying strength of the active ingredient Sitagliptin on our website:
Januvia 25 mg tablet
Januvia 50 mg tablet
Januvia 100 mg tablet
The combination drug of Sitagliptin and metformin is also available:
Who is the manufacturer?
Januvia and Janumet (brand names) drugs are both manufactured by a well known pharmaceutical company, Merck Sharp and is available on our websites in the packs of 28, 56 and 84 tablets.
How to take it?
Swallow the tablet with one glass full of water. The drug should preferably be combined with meals if possible. This drug should be combined with well balanced calorie controlled diet, rich in fruits and vegetables.
When to take?
Take this drug during the same time each day, this will make you sure that you don’t forget to take the medicine at the correct time.
For how long should it be taken?
It is very important to take the drug exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Continue to take the medicine as long as the doctor recommends you that. Take the medicine about the same the time each day so as to remember when to take the drug. This medicine controls diabetes but does not cure it hence it is needed to be take it for a longer period of time. The doctor will suggest you about the duration you have to take the medicine.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
Too much Sitagliptin may cause harmful side-effects on body this may result in hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).You may require urgent medical help in this situation. Call for doctor or any other medical help in case you feel any of the following symptoms:
- Back, muscle or joint pain
- Abdominal pain ( severe or mild)
If you feel any other alarming symptoms other than the above listed then immediately consult the doctor about the continuation of this drug. In case of emergency call your doctor or visit the nearest healthcare center immediately.
What if you miss the dose?
In case you miss to take the dose, skip the dose and take the next dose on the recommended time period if it’s too late but if it’s less than 1 hour of the meal then take it normally as you would. Do not double up the dose to make up for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- soreness in the back of the nose
- Unusual tiredness
- Low blood sugar
- Headache and drowsiness
- Fast heart rate
- Feeling drunk
- Dizziness and trouble concentrating
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
In such cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them. Tell your doctor immediately in the above situations.
Are there any possible drug interactions?
As the drug is associated with weight loss, ask your doctor about the intake of the cholesterol and diabetes drugs. Also consult your doctor about the following drugs such as:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Aspirin or other salicylates
- Sulfa drugs
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
Ask your doctor to get the full list of the drugs needed to be avoided while taking the drug as they may interfere it and may cause adverse effects. Also tell him about the herbal or OTC medicine that you are taking or you have been taking. Never start a new medicine without the information of doctor.
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Your blood sugar will need to be checked often
- Do not consume alcohol
- Try to involve in any kind of exercise and take a proper diet to keep a check on blood sugar level.
- Keep a check on your body weight
- Always keep a source of sugar available with you like a fruit or candy or gel.
- Keep the drug readily available
- Never change the dose or schedule of the medicine without doctor’s advice
- Do not skip meals while taking this drug
|Manufacturer||Merck & Co., India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyJanuvia100mg (1)
- BuyJanuvia100mgOnline (1)
- Januvia100mgpriceinusa (1)
- Januvia100mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapJanuvia100mgOnline (1)
- Januvia100mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyJanuvia100mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseJanuvia100mgonline (1)
- Januvia100mgreview (1)
- Januvia100mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Sitagliptin100mguses (1)
- Januvia100mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericSitagliptin100mg (1)
- BuySitagliptin100mg (1)
- BuySitagliptin100mgOnline (1)
- BuyJanuvia100mgCheapSitagliptin100mg (1)
- Sitagliptin100mgreview (1)
- BuyJanuvia100mgOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyJanuvia100mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyJanuvia100mginIndia (1)
- BuyJanuvia100mgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericJanuvia100mgonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericJanuvia100mg (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyJanuvia100mg (1)
- genericSitagliptin100mgvs.Januvia100mg (1)
- doesgenericSitagliptin100mgwork (1)
- Sitagliptin100mgvs.Januvia100mgreviews (1)
- BuySitagliptin100mgonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericJanuvia100mgfromCanada (1)
- genericJanuvia100mgCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestJanuvia100mg (1)
- genericJanuvia100mgforsale (1)
- genericJanuvia100mgonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericJanuvia100mg (1)
- OrderGenericJanuvia100mgOnline (1)
- buygenericJanuvia100mgonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericJanuvia100mgonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericJanuvia100mgonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericJanuvia100mgonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericJanuvia100mgonlinewithDiscover (1)
- Januvia100mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleJanuvia100mg (1)
- genericJanuvia100mgfreeshipping (1)
- genericJanuvia100mgcost (1)
- Januvia100mg (1)
- Januvia100mgfastshipping (1)
- buyJanuvia100mggenericJanuvia100mg (1)
- genericformofJanuvia100mg (1)
- genericversionofJanuvia100mg (1)
- Januvia100mgdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericJanuvia100mgonline (1)
- Januvia100mgonlinepharmacy (1)
- Januvia100mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyJanuvia100mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
DevinFeb 01, 2016Worked on my blood sugar
This pill has worked best for my blood sugar and i am feeling much relaxed and comfortable now