Ipravent Inhaler (Ipratropium 20 Mcg)
How it works
What is Ipratropium Bromide?
Ipratropium Bromide also sold under the trade name Atrovent, Ipravent among several other trade names is an anticholinergic bronchodilator. This medication is used to ease breathing in people with diseases like asthma, emphysema (a serious condition that makes breathing difficult), and chronic obstructive bronchitis.
Ipratropium Bromide works by relaxing muscles of the air passages thereby increasing the flow of air to the lungs and hence improving breathing in people suffering from asthma and other breathing difficulties. It may also be used for treatment of other conditions not mentioned above.
Important Information about Ipratropium Bromide
Don’t use Ipratropium Bromide if you are allergic to ipratropium or atropine. Also let your doctor know if you have glaucoma or urination problems before using this medication. This medication will not work rapid enough in treating an asthma attack that has already happened. In such a case, use only a fast acting inhalation medicine.
What should I do before using Ipratropium Bromide?
You must not use Ipratropium Bromide medication if you are allergic to ipratropium or atropine. For ensuring a safe use of this medication, tell your doctor before taking it if you have narrow angle glaucoma; enlarged prostate; bladder obstruction; or urination problems.
Take precaution if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant or breast feeding your baby. Ask your doctor if it is safe to use Ipratropium Bromide without harming your baby. This medication is not recommended to use in children without a doctor’s advice.
How should I take Ipratropium Bromide?
You must use Ipratropium Bromide medication exactly and strictly as advised by your doctor. Any changes or disobedience of your doctor’s prescription may lead to deterioration of your condition. All medications come with a patient leaflet which has complete information about them. Read it carefully for details.
Ipratropium Bromide is usually taken with an inhaler device. First pump 2 test sprays in the air for priming the inhaler. Remember to pump it away from your face. Then put the inhaler into one nostril of your nose and spray an appropriate amount of the medication. Breathe gently after spraying. Prime the inhaler if it has not been used for some time, say 3 days or more. Keep the inhaler clean always by following the cleaning directions which came with the medication.
Contact your doctor immediately if your condition doesn’t improve and deteriorates further. While using Ipratropium Bromide, your lung function may need to be tested frequently.
Keep the medicine canister away from open flame and intense heat such as in direct sunlight on a hot day. The canister can explode if it gets too hot. Avoid puncturing or burning an empty inhaler canister.
Store the medication and inhaler device in a cool and dry place. Ensure that your children and pets don’t have access to any medication.
What happens if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose due to some reasons, take it as soon as you remember it and if the time to take the next dose is not near. If the next dose is overdue within a short time, then forget about the missed dose and take the next dose as scheduled. Do not take double doses to compensate for the missed one.
What if I Overdose?
Don’t overdose on any medication. If you have taken an overdose and if you experience any worsening health condition, get emergency medical help or call your doctor immediately.
Things to avoid while taking Ipratropium Bromide
Ipratropium Bromide medication may lead to blurred vision and impaired thinking and concentrating capability. Avoid unnecessary driving and activities which require you to be alert and see properly.
Ipratropium Bromide Side Effects
Not all people show side effects to Ipratropium Bromide but that may not be the case with you. Discontinue using Ipratropium Bromide if you witness any allergic reactions like hives, breathing difficulty, swelling in face, mouth, lips, tongue, or throat; bronchospasm (chest tightness, wheezing); blurred vision, pain in eye; witnessing halos around lights; painful or burning sensation while urinating as well as decreased urination; or deteriorating of original symptoms. These effects are rare but get urgent medical help.
Some less severe and more common side effects of Ipratropium Bromide are headache; runny nose; backache; sinus pain; cough; nausea; upset stomach; constipation; fever; chills; or fly symptoms.
The list above is not complete and there can be other side effects as well.
Ipratropium Bromide Dosing Information
Take Ipratropium Bromide medication as prescribed by your doctor. Dosage may differ based on severity of condition, age, sex among several other factors.
Interaction with other drugs
Some drugs may interact with Ipratropium Bromide so tell your doctor about any medications which you may be taking at present, especially medications for bladder or urinary tract like fesoterodine, tolterodine, solfenacin or others; other bronchodilators medications like tiotropium; antihistamine medications used for cold or allergy; drugs for Parkinson’s disease; or medications for stomach like antacids, for ulcers or motion sickness. This list of drug interactions is non exhaustive and there may be other interactions. Share your entire medical history and list of drugs (prescription or OTC) or herbal products with your doctor.
- Appropriate administration of ipratropium with the inhaler is essential for a successful therapy.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: cystic fibrosis (an inherited disease in which thick, sticky mucus builds up and that can damage many of the organs in the body) may be prone to gastrointestinal motility disturbances; glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eyes that causes visual problems), urinary problems or a prostate (a male reproductive organ) condition.
- Consult your doctor if you suffer from allergic (hypersensitivity) reactions such as urticaria, angioedema (swelling of lips and eyes), rash, bronchospasms (constriction of the air passages), oropharyngeal swelling and severe allergy (anaphylaxis).
- Consult your doctor if you suffer from irregular heartbeats after ipratropium nasal spray.
- Ipratropium inhalation sometimes causes wheezing and difficulty breathing immediately after it is inhaled. Consult your doctor immediately.
- Consult your doctor immediately, if you experience pain in the eye or discomfort, blurred vision, visual halos or colored images in association with red eyes due to conjunctival congestion and cornea swelling may be signs of acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
- Do not use your ipratropium inhalers when you are near a flame or source of heat. The inhaler may explode, if it is exposed to very high temperatures.
- Dizziness and blurred vision have been reported. If affected, the patient should be warned not to drive or operate machinery.
Frequently asked questions
|Generic Name||Ipratropium Bromide|
|Manufacturer||Cipla Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- asthmainhalers (72)
- asthmainhalersprescription (72)
- asthmainhalersprice (72)
- asthmainhalersforsale (72)
- gskasthmainhalers (71)
- BuyIpraventInhaler (1)
- BuyIpraventInhalerOnline (1)
- IpraventInhalerpriceinusa (1)
- IpraventInhalerpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapIpraventInhalerOnline (1)
- IpraventInhalerSideEffect (1)
- BuyIpraventInhalerPayPal (1)
- PurchaseIpraventInhaleronline (1)
- IpraventInhalerreview (1)
- IpraventInhalersupplierinIndia (1)
- IpraventInhalereBay (1)
- BuyGenericIpratropiumBromide (3)
- BuyIpratropiumBromide (3)
- BuyIpratropiumBromideOnline (3)
- BuyIpraventInhalerCheapIpratropiumBromide (1)
- IpratropiumBromidereview (3)
- BuyAtroventInhalerOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyIpraventInhaleronlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyIpraventInhalerinIndia (1)
- BuyIpraventInhalerOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericAtroventInhaleronlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericAtroventInhaler (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyAtroventInhaler (1)
- genericIpratropiumBromidevs.AtroventInhaler (1)
- doesgenericIpratropiumBromidework (3)
- IpratropiumBromidevs.AtroventInhalerreviews (1)
- BuyIpratropiumBromideonlinePayPal (3)
- buygenericAtroventInhalerfromCanada (1)
- genericAtroventInhalerCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestIpraventInhaler (1)
- genericAtroventInhalerforsale (1)
- genericAtroventInhaleronlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericAtroventInhaler (1)
- OrderGenericAtroventInhalerOnline (1)
- buygenericAtroventInhaleronlinesafely (1)
- buygenericAtroventInhaleronlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericAtroventInhaleronlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericAtroventInhaleronlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericAtroventInhaleronlinewithDiscover (1)
- IpraventInhalerexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleIpraventInhaler (1)
- genericAtroventInhalerfreeshipping (1)
- genericAtroventInhalercost (1)
- IpraventInhaler (1)
- IpraventInhalerfastshipping (1)
- IpraventInhalerforasthma (1)
- buyIpratropiumBromideforasthama (3)
- buyIpraventInhalergenericAtroventInhaler (1)
- genericformofAtroventInhaler (1)
- genericversionofAtroventInhaler (1)
- AtroventInhalerdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericAtroventInhaleronline (1)
- AtroventInhaleronlinepharmacy (1)
- IpraventInhalerbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyIpraventInhaler (1)
- ciplaIpraventInhaler (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.