Indivan 400 mg (Indinavir)
How it works
What is Indinavir?
Indinavir is an antiviral drug that prevents the human immunodeficiency virus or HIV from multiplying in your body. This medication is prescribed for the treatment of HIV which causes the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome or AIDS. Indinavir is sold under various trade names, a couple of which are Crixivan and Indinavir (made by Merck). This medicine may also be prescribed for treatments not mentioned here.
Important Information about Indinavir
Indinavir (Crixivan, Indinavir) will not cure your body of HIV. You can still spread the virus to other people through infected blood (via infected needles, razors, or toothbrush) or through unsafe sexual practices (ensure proper barrier contraception). You must take care about these things and employ proper measure so as not to spread the virus.
You may get life threatening side effects if you take Indinavir together with alufuzosin, amiodarone, lovastatin, midazolam, quinidine, pimozide, rifampin, sildenafil, simvastatin, St. John’s wort, triazolam, or an ergot medicine like dihydroergotamine, egonovine, ergotamine, or methyergonovine.
Indinavir is an FDA pregnancy category C drug. It is not known to harm an unborn baby if taken during pregnancy. However, HIV can be passed to the baby if the mother is not treated properly during pregnancy. Remember to take all medications for HIV as prescribed to prevent your baby from contracting the HIV virus.
Before taking Indinavir
Before taking Indinavir antiviral medicine (Crixivan, Indinavir), take care of all precautions mentioned above. Discuss them with your doctor and clear all doubts which you may have about this drug.
Also, to ensure that this medicine is safe for you, you must inform your doctor in advance if you have these conditions: any liver disease, kidney disease, diabetes, a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia, or high cholesterol or triglycerides.
How should I take Indinavir?
Take Indinavir antiviral HIV medication (Crixivan, Indinavir) strictly according to your doctor’s direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular medication.
Take Indinavir on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal, or as directed by your doctor. HIV is usually treated with a combination of drugs. Always take the prescribed drugs as directed by your doctor. Store this medication in a cool and dry place.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Indinavir, take it as soon as you remember. Don’t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
What if I overdose?
In case of an overdose of Indinavir, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately.
Things and Activities to avoid while taking Indinavir
Indinavir will not help your body get rid of HIV. It will only stop the growth and multiplication of the virus. Chances of spreading the HIV will still remain the same through unprotected sex, infected razors, needles or toothbrush. Hence, avoid these activities and things.
Indinavir Side Effects
Stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, heartburn, loss of appetite, or headache are common side effects of Indinavir. If any of these conditions persist or deteriorate, get medical attention right away. This medicine may infrequently increase your blood sugar level which can cause or worsen diabetes. Let your doctor known right away if you develop symptoms of high blood sugar like increased thirst and urination. If you already have high blood sugar, monitor your blood sugar regularly while taking Indinavir.
Changes in body fat may also be seen while taking Indinavir, especially increased fat in upper back and stomach areas while decreased fat in arms and legs.
Some people may experience deterioration of a previous medical condition as their immune system recovers, or develop new conditions due to overactive immune system. Let your doctor known right away if you develop any new condition or any of you existing conditions worsen.
The side effects mentioned above are not the only ones that you may experience or witness due to Indinavir. If you get any serious side effects due to this medication, contact your doctor right away.
Indinavir Dosing Information
Indinavir dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. Remember to follow your doctor’s advice properly for best results.
Interaction with other drugs
Some drugs can interact with Indinavir such as other HIV/AIDS medicines atorvastatin, bosentan, colchicines, fluticasone, itraconazole, methadone, omeprazole, phenytoin, rifabutin, salmeterol, warfarin, antidepressants, heart or blood pressure medicines, insulin or diabetes medicines, drugs for erectile dysfunction, or seizure medicines. There may be other medicines as well that can interact with Indinavir. Inform your doctor about all other medicines which you may be using. Never start a new medication without consulting your doctor first.
- Tell your doctor if you suffer from liver or kidney problems, allergies, diabetes, high cholesterol, hemophilia (hereditary disorder that impairs body’s ability of blood clotting), severe pain tenderness or weakness in muscle, signs of infection, autoimmune disorder (immune system attacking healthy body tissues), bone problems after taking indinavir capsule or tablet.
- Indinavir is not recommended in children below 18 years of age.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machineries as indinavir may cause dizziness.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Cipla Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyIndivan400mg (1)
- BuyIndivan400mgOnline (1)
- Indivan400mgpriceinusa (1)
- Indivan400mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapIndivan400mgOnline (1)
- Indivan400mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyIndivan400mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseIndivan400mgonline (1)
- Indivan400mgreview (1)
- Indivan400mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Indinavir400mguses (1)
- Indivan400mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericIndinavir400mg (1)
- BuyIndinavir400mg (1)
- BuyIndinavir400mgOnline (1)
- BuyIndivan400mgCheapIndinavir400mg (1)
- Indinavir400mgreview (1)
- BuyCrixivan400mgOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyIndivan400mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyIndivan400mginIndia (1)
- BuyIndivan400mgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericCrixivan400mgonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericCrixivan400mg (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyCrixivan400mg (1)
- genericIndinavir400mgvs.Crixivan400mg (1)
- doesgenericIndinavir400mgwork (1)
- Indinavir400mgvs.Crixivan400mgreviews (1)
- BuyIndinavir400mgonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericCrixivan400mgfromCanada (1)
- genericCrixivan400mgCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestIndivan400mg (1)
- genericCrixivan400mgforsale (1)
- genericCrixivan400mgonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericCrixivan400mg (1)
- OrderGenericCrixivan400mgOnline (1)
- buygenericCrixivan400mgonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericCrixivan400mgonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericCrixivan400mgonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericCrixivan400mgonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericCrixivan400mgonlinewithDiscover (1)
- Indivan400mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleIndivan400mg (1)
- genericCrixivan400mgfreeshipping (1)
- genericCrixivan400mgcost (1)
- Indivan400mg (1)
- Indivan400mgfastshipping (1)
- buyIndivan400mggenericCrixivan400mg (1)
- genericformofCrixivan400mg (1)
- genericversionofCrixivan400mg (1)
- Crixivan400mgdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericCrixivan400mgonline (1)
- Crixivan400mgonlinepharmacy (1)
- Indivan400mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyIndivan400mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.