Imatib 100mg (Imatinib Mesylate)
- Imatinib Mesylate is used in the treatment of blood cancers, bone marrow disorders, skin cancer and certain tumours of the stomach and the digestive tract.
How it works
- Imatinib Mesylate belongs to a class of medications called kinase inhibitors. It works by preventing abnormal protein activity which signals cancer cells to multiply and spread across the body, thus inhibiting the growth of these abnormal cells.
Common side effects
chills fever, swelling due to fluid retention, and headache, blurred vision, chills or sore throat, , and vomiting, Common: nausea, lack of sleep, bone/ joint pain, hair loss, weight loss, muscle cramps, rapid weight gain
Do not start or continue imatinib and consult your doctor;
- If you are allergic to imatinib or any other ingredients in the medicine
- if you have or had a liver, kidney or heart problem
- if your thyroid gland has been removed and you have been prescribed levothyroxine
- if there is weight gain following treatment with imatinib
- if your develop swelling in part or whole of the body as your body may retain water due to imatinib
Effective contraceptives should be used by women during therapy
Your doctor may ask you to undergo certain blood tests before and during treatment with imatinib, to check your response to the drug and the drug’s side-effects.
Imatinib can cause dizziness or drowsiness and blurred vision, therefore, caution should be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Cipla Pharma, India|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
ChristopherJan 28, 2016imatib......!!!!!
Imatib saved my life I'm 24 now just a kid but I've walked the line and back again I have (all) with ph chromea zone I've done extensive therapy. lucky to be here I'm the light at the end of the tunnel don't give up you can do it my friends my heart goes out to all of my fellow fighters.