- Do not use halobetasol if you are allergic to it or any other component in the formulation.
- Systemic absorption can produce severe side effects so it is not advisable to use under occlusive dressings or on large surface area.
- Formulation is for external use only; avoid contact with the eyes.
- Allergic contact dermatitis may develop after prolong usage so tell your doctor if irritation persists even after treatment.
- Halobetasol cream should not be used in the treatment of rosacea or perioral dermatitis, and it should not be used on the face, groin, or in the axillae.