Glynase XL 10 mg (Glipizide)
How it works
What is glipizide?
You should not use glipizide if you are in a state of diabetic ketoacidosis (call your doctor for treatment with insulin). Before taking glipizide, tell your doctor if you have kidney or liver disease, chronic diarrhea or a blockage in your intestines, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (G6PD), a disorder of your pituitary or adrenal glands, a history of heart disease, or if you are malnourished. Glipizide is only part of a complete program of treatment that may also include diet, exercise, weight control, and testing your blood sugar. Follow your diet, medication, and exercise routines very closely. Changing any of these factors can affect your blood sugar levels.
Before taking this medicine
You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to glipizide, or if you are in a state of diabetic ketoacidosis (call your doctor for treatment with insulin).
To make sure glipizide is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have: liver or kidney disease;chronic diarrhea or a blockage in your intestines;an enzyme deficiency called lucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (G6PD);a disorder of your pituitary or adrenal glands;a history of heart disease; orif you are malnourished.
How should I take glipizide?
Take glipizide exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
Take glipizide 30 minutes before a meal. If you take this medicine once daily, take it 30 minutes before breakfast.
Glipizide extended-release (Glucotrol XL) should be taken with breakfast.
Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow it whole.
Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) can happen to everyone who has diabetes. Symptoms include headache, hunger, sweating, confusion, irritability, dizziness, or feeling shaky. Always keep a source of sugar with you in case you have low blood sugar. Sugar sources include fruit juice, hard candy, crackers, raisins, and non-diet soda. Be sure your family and close friends know how to help you in an emergency.
If you have severe hypoglycemia and cannot eat or drink, use a glucagon injection. Your doctor can prescribe a glucagon emergency injection kit and tell you how to use it.
Also watch for signs of high blood sugar (hyperglycemia) such as increased thirst, increased urination, hunger, dry mouth, fruity breath odor, drowsiness, dry skin, blurred vision, and weight loss.
Check your blood sugar carefully during times of stress, travel, illness, surgery or medical emergency, vigorous exercise, or if you drink alcohol or skip meals. These things can affect your glucose levels and your dose needs may also change. Do not change your medication dose or schedule without your doctor's advice.
Your blood sugar will need to be checked often, and you may need other blood tests at your doctor's office.
Some forms of glipizide are made with a shell that is not absorbed or melted in the body. Part of the tablet shell may appear in your stool. This is a normal side effect and will not make the medication less effective.
Glipizide is only part of a treatment program that may also include diet, exercise, weight control, blood sugar testing, and special medical care. Follow your doctor's instructions very closely.
Store at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Take the missed dose 30 minutes before your next meal, then return to your regular schedule. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose. Use glipizide regularly to get the most benefit. Get your prescription refilled before you run out of medicine completely.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222. A glipizide overdose can cause life-threatening hypoglycemia. Symptoms of severe hypoglycemia include extreme weakness, blurred vision, sweating, trouble speaking, tremors, stomach pain, confusion, and seizure (convulsions).
What should I avoid while taking glipizide?
Avoid drinking alcohol. It lowers blood sugar and may interfere with your diabetes treatment. If you also take colesevelam, avoid taking it within 4 hours after you take glipizide.
|Equivalent Brand||Glucotrol XL|
|Manufacturer||USV Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyGlynaseXL10mg (1)
- BuyGlynaseXL10mgOnline (1)
- GlynaseXL10mgpriceinusa (1)
- GlynaseXL10mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapGlynaseXL10mgOnline (1)
- GlynaseXL10mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyGlynaseXL10mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseGlynaseXL10mgonline (1)
- GlynaseXL10mgreview (1)
- GlynaseXL10mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Glipizide10mguses (1)
- GlynaseXL10mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericGlipizide10mg (1)
- BuyGlipizide10mg (1)
- BuyGlipizide10mgOnline (1)
- BuyGlynaseXL10mgCheapGlipizide10mg (1)
- Glipizide10mgreview (1)
- BuyGlucotrolXL10mgOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyGlynaseXL10mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyGlynaseXL10mginIndia (1)
- BuyGlynaseXL10mgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericGlucotrolXL10mgonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericGlucotrolXL10mg (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyGlucotrolXL10mg (1)
- genericGlipizide10mgvs.GlucotrolXL10mg (1)
- doesgenericGlipizide10mgwork (1)
- Glipizide10mgvs.GlucotrolXL10mgreviews (1)
- BuyGlipizide10mgonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericGlucotrolXL10mgfromCanada (1)
- genericGlucotrolXL10mgCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestGlynaseXL10mg (1)
- genericGlucotrolXL10mgforsale (1)
- genericGlucotrolXL10mgonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericGlucotrolXL10mg (1)
- OrderGenericGlucotrolXL10mgOnline (1)
- buygenericGlucotrolXL10mgonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericGlucotrolXL10mgonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericGlucotrolXL10mgonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericGlucotrolXL10mgonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericGlucotrolXL10mgonlinewithDiscover (1)
- GlynaseXL10mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleGlynaseXL10mg (1)
- genericGlucotrolXL10mgfreeshipping (1)
- genericGlucotrolXL10mgcost (1)
- GlynaseXL10mg (1)
- GlynaseXL10mgfastshipping (1)
- buyGlynaseXL10mggenericGlucotrolXL10mg (1)
- genericformofGlucotrolXL10mg (1)
- genericversionofGlucotrolXL10mg (1)
- GlucotrolXL10mgdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericGlucotrolXL10mgonline (1)
- GlucotrolXL10mgonlinepharmacy (1)
- GlynaseXL10mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyGlynaseXL10mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
HenshFeb 01, 2016Highly satisfied with this.
Reduced my glucose levels to normal range with a proper diet. I take the medication in the morning with my breakfast. I have also lost weight. No problem experienced as of now.