Galamer 8mg (Galantamine)
How it works
What is Galantamine?
Galantamine is a medication which helps in improving the function of the nerve cells in the brain. It works by stopping the breakdown of a chemical called acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is crucial for the processes of memory, thinking, and reasoning. The level of this chemical is usually lower than normal in people with dementia. Galantamine is therefore prescribed for people with mild to moderate dementia induced by Alzheimerâ€™s disease. It is sold under various trade names, some of which are Razadyne and Galamer (made by Sun Pharma). Galantamine may also be given for treatments not listed here.
Important Information about Galantamine
You should inform your doctor in advance before taking Galantamine anti convulsant medication (Razadyne, Galamer) if you have any of these conditions: heart disease, a heart rhythm disorder, urination problems, stomach ulcers or bleeding, a seizure disorder, asthma, kidney disease, or liver disease.
Immediately stop using Galantamine medication and seek medical attention if you experience chest pain, low heart rate, bloody stools, coughing up blood, reduced urination, weakness, confusion, extreme thirst, or hot or dry skin.
There are several drugs which can interact with Galantamine. Notify your doctor about all medications and related products (OTC vitamin pill, herbal products and others) which you may be using prior to taking this medication. If you are scheduled for a surgery, you may be required to suspend taking Galantamine for a short period. Let your surgeon know well in advance that you are taking this medication. If you have stopped taking this medication and want to start again after sometime, ensure that you consult your doctor first as you may require a lower dose initially. Galantamine may impact your thinking capabilities and reflexes. So take extra care while indulging in activities that require a high degree of mental awareness and thinking such as driving.
Galantamine is a FDA pregnancy category B drug which implies that it is not expected to harm and unborn baby if taken while being pregnant. Notify your doctor of you pregnancy or any plans to become pregnant. It is not known if Galantamine can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. Do not take this medication without asking a doctor if you are breastfeeding a baby.
Before taking Galantamine
Before taking Galantamine (Razadyne, Galamer), take care of all precautions mentioned above and discuss them with your doctor.
How should I take Galantamine?
Take Galantamine anti convulsant medication (Razadyne, Galamer) strictly according to your doctorâ€™s direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Your doctor may occasionally change the dosage to get the maximum benefit out of the medication. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over.
Galantamine extended release capsule is usually taken once per day in the morning or according to your doctorâ€™s instructions. It works best if taken along with food. Avoid crushing, breaking, or chewing a Galantamine extended release tablet as doing so may lead to too much of the medicine to be release at once. Instead swallow it whole with a full glass of water. Ensure to drink plenty of water (6-8 glasses) to prevent dehydration while taking Galantamine.
Always store Galantamine medication in a cool and dry place.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Galantamine, take it as soon as you remember. Donâ€™t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
What if I overdose?
In case of an overdose of Galantamine, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately. Overdose may lead to symptoms like severe nausea, vomiting, cramps in stomach, muscle weakness or spasm, watery eyes, drooling, increased urination or bowel movements, sweating, slow heart rate, light headedness, or seizures.
Things and Activities to avoid while taking Galantamine
Galantamine may impact your thinking capabilities and reflexes. So take extra care while indulging in activities that require a high degree of mental awareness and thinking such as driving.
Side Effects due to Galantamine
You may witness or experience some side effects while taking Galantamine (Razadyne, Galamer). Some of the side effects due to Galantamine are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, appetite loss, or weight loss. Seek emergency medical attention if any of these effects persist for a longer period or deteriorate further.
Any serious side effect is rare but get in touch with your doctor immediately if you have any of these serious side effects of Galantamine: fainting, unusually slow heartbeat, difficulty while urinating, seizures, black or bloody stools, bloody vomit that looks like coffee grounds, stomach pain/abdominal pain, or irregular heartbeat.
These are not the only side effects of Galantamine medication. There may be others. Contact your doctor right away if you experience any serious side effects or if your condition worsens after taking Galantamine.
Galantamine Dosing Information
Galantamine dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be fixed by your doctor after examining you properly. Remember to obey your doctor strictly for best results.
Interaction with other drugs
Some drugs can interact with Galantamine. Let your doctor know in advance if you are already using any of these interacting drugs: erythromycin, donepezil, paroxetine, antifungal medicine like ketoconazole or others, rivastigmine, atropine, belladonna, scopolamine, bladder or urinary medicines such as darifenacin, flavoxate, oxybutynin or others, bronchodilators such as ipratropium or tiotropium, irritable bowel medicines such as dicyclomine, hyoscyamine, or propantheline, ulcer medications like mepenzolate or glycopyrrolate, or NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, celecoxib, naproxen, or others.
The list of drugs mentioned here in this guide is not a complete one and there may be other interacting drugs. Share the list of all present medication which you may be using with your doctor. Never start a new medication on your own.
- Consult your doctor if you have any heart disorder, electrolyte disturbances, peptic (stomach) ulcer disease, acute abdominal pain, a disorder of the nervous system (like fits or Parkinson’s disease), asthma, pneumonia, difficulties passing urine, or if you had an operation on the gut or bladder.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as galantamine may cause drowsiness.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking galantamine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Galantamine should be used with caution in elderly as they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyGenericGalantamine (2)
- BuyGalantamine (2)
- BuyGalantamineOnline (2)
- Galantaminereview (2)
- BuyRazadyneOnlineIndia (2)
- buygenericRazadyneonlinecheap (2)
- isthereagenericRazadyne (2)
- bestwebsitetobuyRazadyne (2)
- genericGalantaminevs.Razadyne (2)
- doesgenericGalantaminework (2)
- Galantaminevs.Razadynereviews (2)
- BuyGalantamineonlinePayPal (2)
- buygenericRazadynefromCanada (2)
- genericRazadyneCanadapharmacy (2)
- genericRazadyneforsale (2)
- genericRazadyneonlineCanadianpharmacy (2)
- DiscountgenericRazadyne (2)
- OrderGenericRazadyneOnline (2)
- buygenericRazadyneonlinesafely (2)
- buygenericRazadyneonlinewithMasterCard (2)
- buygenericRazadyneonlinewithVisa (2)
- buygenericRazadyneonlinewithAmex (2)
- buygenericRazadyneonlinewithDiscover (2)
- genericRazadynefreeshipping (2)
- genericRazadynecost (2)
- genericformofRazadyne (2)
- genericversionofRazadyne (2)
- Razadynediscount (2)
- wheretobuygenericRazadyneonline (2)
- Razadyneonlinepharmacy (2)
- BuyGalamer8mg (1)
- BuyGalamer8mgOnline (1)
- Galamer8mgpriceinusa (1)
- Galamer8mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapGalamer8mgOnline (1)
- Galamer8mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyGalamer8mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseGalamer8mgonline (1)
- Galamer8mgreview (1)
- Galamer8mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Galamer8mgeBay (1)
- BuyGalamer8mgCheapGalantamine (1)
- BuyGalamer8mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyGalamer8mginIndia (1)
- BuyGalamer8mgOnlineUK (1)
- CheapestGalamer8mg (1)
- Galamer8mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleGalamer8mg (1)
- Galamer8mg (1)
- Galamer8mgfastshipping (1)
- buyGalamer8mggenericRazadyne (1)
- Galamer8mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyGalamer8mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
ZlatanJan 27, 2016Galame is awesome
Been taking this for almost 2 years now and i must say it's been a life saver for me. My allergies get absolutely terrible in winters and one pill makes it go away. Definitely recommend