Fostine 150 IU (Follicle Stimulating Hormone)
- It is used to stimulate, release of egg from ovary (ovulation) to assist pregnancy in women who cannot ovulate but have functional ovaries.
- In combination with luteinizing hormone to stimulate ovulation in women who have severe deficiency of hormones luteinizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone naturally produced in the body.
- To help development of follicles (fluid filled structures that hold the growing egg in the ovaries and release the mature egg during ovulation) in women trying to become pregnant through assistive procedures such as artificial insemination, IVF etc.
- To stimulate production of sperms (spermatogenesis) in men who are deficient in certain hormones (that stimulate sperm production) but have functional testes.
How it works
Common side effects
red skin, vomiting, bruising, redness, Very common: formations of fluid filled sacs in ovaries ; headache; pain, urge to vomit, abdominal cramps and bloating; swelling of blood vessels inside the scrotum ; development of breasts in men ; acne; weight gain.Very rare: allergic skin rash, itchy bumps on the skin, swelling of face with difficulty in breathing; worsening of asthma., lose motions, swelling and/or irritation at the site of injection.Common: abdominal pain
- Do not use follicle stimulating hormone, if are a female and having polycystic ovary disease (development of cysts in the ovaries due to increased production of male hormones by the ovaries and adrenal gland); or unexplained vaginal bleeding.
- Avoid using follicle stimulating hormone, if you have asthma; porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs); cancers of breast, ovary, uterus, testicle, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland.
- Use of follicle stimulating hormone has been associated with multiple births (twins/triplets). Contact your doctor if you are at a risk of developing medical complications due to multiple deliveries. You will be prescribed appropriate doses at appropriate times by your doctor.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you experience lower abdominal pain along with urge to vomit (nausea) or more severe complications such as decreased urine production, weight gain, difficulty in breathing or possible fluid accumulation in your stomach or chest. These may indicate that you are developing serious problems of ovaries related to use of fertility medicines (ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome/OHSS).
- Do not use follicle stimulating hormone if you are a man having high blood levels of follicle stimulating hormone that indicates damaged testicles (testes cannot produce sperms). The drug is not effective in such cases.
- Follicle stimulating hormone is not effective in women who have ovaries that cannot produce eggs (primary ovarian failure), women experiencing early menopause (a time in life of a woman when her menstrual periods stop) or malformed reproductive organs.
- Do not use follicle stimulating hormone if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions
Follicle Stimulating Hormone
|Manufacturer||Bayer Pharma, India|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.