Fosbait 500 mg (lanthanum carbonate)
What is lanthanum carbonate?
Lanthanum prevents the body from absorbing phosphate, allowing it to be removed from the body. Lanthanum carbonate is used to lower phosphate levels in patients with end stage kidney disease. High levels of phosphate can make it hard for your body to absorb calcium, which can cause serious medical problems. Lanthanum carbonate may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What is the most important information I should know about lanthanum carbonate?
You should not use lanthanum carbonate if you have a bowel obstruction or severe constipation.
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking lanthanum carbonate?
You should not use lanthanum carbonate if you are allergic to it, or if you have: a bowel obstruction or severe constipation. If you need to have any type of x-ray or CT scan using a dye that is injected into your veins, tell the doctor ahead of time that you are using lanthanum carbonate. To make sure lanthanum carbonate is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have: a stomach ulcer; ulcerative colitis; Crohn's disease; diabetes; problems with your teeth; any type of bowel obstruction; a history of colon cancer or intestinal surgery; or if you take any medicines that can cause constipation. It is not known whether this medicine will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known whether lanthanum carbonate passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take lanthanum carbonate?
Follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results. Do not use this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Take lanthanum carbonate with food or immediately after eating. The chewable tablet should be chewed completely before you swallow it. Do not swallow whole. Sprinkle the oral powder into a small amount of applesauce or other soft food (oral powder will not dissolve in liquid). Swallow right away without chewing. Do not save the mixture for later use. While using lanthanum carbonate, you may need frequent blood tests. Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
What should I avoid while taking lanthanum carbonate?
Lanthanum carbonate can make it harder for your body to absorb other medicines you take by mouth. If you also take thyroid medication, take it at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after you take lanthanum carbonate. If you take an antibiotic such as ciprofloxacin (Cipro) or levofloxacin (Levaquin), take the antibiotic at least 1 hour before or 4 hours after you take lanthanum carbonate. Avoid taking an antacid within 2 hours before or 2 hours after you take lanthanum carbonate.
Lanthanum carbonate side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Call your doctor at once if you have: severe constipation; or severe stomach cramps. Common side effects may include: upset stomach, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting; constipation; itching, rash; or tooth injury while chewing a lanthanum carbonate tablet.
Lanthanum carbonate dosing information
Usual Adult Dose for Hyperphosphatemia of Renal Failure:
Initial dose: 1500 mg orally daily; take in divided doses with meals
Titrate in increments of 750 mg/day every 2 to 3 weeks until an acceptable serum phosphate level is reached
Maximum dose: 4500 mg/day
Comments: Most patients will require daily doses between 1500 and 3000 mg to reduce plasma phosphate levels to less than 6 mg/dL.
Use: To reduce serum phosphate levels in patients with end stage renal disease.
What other drugs will affect lanthanum carbonate?
Other drugs may interact with lanthanum carbonate, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Tell each of your health care providers about all medicines you use now and any medicine you start or stop using.
|Generic Name||Lanthanum Carbonate|
|Manufacturer||Panacea Biotech, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyFosbait500mg (1)
- BuyFosbait500mgOnline (1)
- Fosbait500mgpriceinusa (1)
- Fosbait500mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapFosbait500mgOnline (1)
- Fosbait500mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyFosbait500mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseFosbait500mgonline (1)
- Fosbait500mgreview (1)
- Fosbait500mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Lanthanumcarbonate500mguses (1)
- Fosbait500mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericLanthanumcarbonate500mg (1)
- BuyLanthanumcarbonate500mg (1)
- BuyLanthanumcarbonate500mgOnline (1)
- BuyFosbait500mgCheapLanthanumcarbonate500mg (1)
- Lanthanumcarbonate500mgreview (1)
- BuyFosrenol500mgOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyFosbait500mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyFosbait500mginIndia (1)
- BuyFosbait500mgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericFosrenol500mgonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericFosrenol500mg (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyFosrenol500mg (1)
- genericLanthanumcarbonate500mgvs.Fosrenol500mg (1)
- doesgenericLanthanumcarbonate500mgwork (1)
- Lanthanumcarbonate500mgvs.Fosrenol500mgreviews (1)
- BuyLanthanumcarbonate500mgonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericFosrenol500mgfromCanada (1)
- genericFosrenol500mgCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestFosbait500mg (1)
- genericFosrenol500mgforsale (1)
- genericFosrenol500mgonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericFosrenol500mg (1)
- OrderGenericFosrenol500mgOnline (1)
- buygenericFosrenol500mgonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericFosrenol500mgonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericFosrenol500mgonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericFosrenol500mgonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericFosrenol500mgonlinewithDiscover (1)
- Fosbait500mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleFosbait500mg (1)
- genericFosrenol500mgfreeshipping (1)
- genericFosrenol500mgcost (1)
- Fosbait500mg (1)
- Fosbait500mgfastshipping (1)
- buyFosbait500mggenericFosrenol500mg (1)
- genericformofFosrenol500mg (1)
- genericversionofFosrenol500mg (1)
- Fosrenol500mgdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericFosrenol500mgonline (1)
- Fosrenol500mgonlinepharmacy (1)
- Fosbait500mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyFosbait500mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
BarleyFeb 03, 2016Good Works!!
"Fosbait takes some time to get used to. It's a white chewable and tastes like chalk but it works great at reducing phosphorus. I've tried 4 different binders and it's the only one that made a significant difference in my lab results.