Fortum 1000mg (Ceftazidime)
What is Fortum (ceftazidime injection)?
Ceftazidime is in a group of drugs called cephalosporin (SEF a low spor in) antibiotics. It works by fighting bacteria in your body. Ceftazidime injection is used to treat many kinds of bacterial infections, including severe or life-threatening forms. Ceftazidime may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What is the most important information I should know about Fortum (ceftazidime injection)?
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had a severe allergic reaction to any cephalosporin antibiotic, or to a penicillin antibiotic.
What should I discuss with my health care provider before using Fortum (ceftazidime injection)?
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had a severe allergic reaction to ceftazidime or any other cephalosporin antibiotic, such as: cefaclor (Raniclor); cefadroxil (Duricef); cefdinir (Omnicef); cefazolin (Ancef); cefditoren (Spectracef); cefpodoxime (Vantin); cefprozil (Cefzil); ceftibuten (Cedax); cefuroxime (Ceftin); cephalexin (Keflex); or cephradine (Velosef). You should not use ceftazidime if you are allergic to any type of penicillin antibiotic, such as: amoxicillin (Amoxil, Augmentin, Moxatag); ampicillin (Principen, Unasyn); dicloxacillin (Dycill, Dynapen); oxacillin (Bactocill); penicillin (Bicillin L-A, PC Pen VK, Pfizerpen); or ticarcillin (Ticar, Timentin). To make sure cefazolin is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have: kidney disease; liver disease; a stomach or intestinal disorder such as colitis; seizures or epilepsy; if you are malnourished; or if you are allergic to any type of penicillin.
This medicine is not expected to harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Ceftazidime can make birth control pills less effective. Ask your doctor about using non hormonal birth control (condom, diaphragm with spermicide) to prevent pregnancy. Ceftazidime can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How is Fortum (ceftazidime injection)given?
Ceftazidime is injected into a vein through an IV. You may be shown how to use an IV at home. Do not self-inject this medicine if you do not understand how to give the injection and properly dispose of used needles, IV tubing, and other items used to inject the medicine. Follow all directions on your prescription label. Do not use this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. You may need to mix ceftazidime with a liquid (diluent) before using it. If you are using the injections at home, be sure you understand how to properly mix and store the medication.
Use this medicine for the full prescribed length of time. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared. Skipping doses may also increase your risk of further infection that is resistant to antibiotics. Ceftazidime will not treat a viral infection such as the flu or a common cold. This medication can cause unusual results with certain lab tests for glucose (sugar) in the urine. Tell any doctor who treats you that you are using ceftazidime. Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat. If your medicine was provided in a frozen form or was frozen after mixing, thaw it in a refrigerator or at room temperature. Do not warm in a microwave or boiling water. Use the medicine as soon as possible after thawing it. Do not refreeze.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Use the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up the missed dose. If you are receiving this medication at a clinic, call your doctor if you miss an appointment for your injection.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222. Overdose symptoms may include muscle stiffness, restless feeling, confusion, uncontrolled movement of the hands, seizure, and coma.
What should I avoid while using Fortum (ceftazidime injection)?
Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or bloody, call your doctor. Do not use anti-diarrhea medicine unless your doctor tells you to.
Fortum (ceftazidime injection) side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Call your doctor at once if you have: confusion, hallucinations, feeling like you might pass out; seizure (black-out or convulsions); pale or yellowed skin, dark colored urine, fever, confusion or weakness; severe stomach pain, diarrhea that is watery or bloody; or cold feeling, discoloration, or skin changes in your fingers.
Common side effects may include: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain; headache, dizziness; numbness or tingly feeling; or vaginal itching or discharge. This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
What other drugs will affect Fortum (ceftazidime injection)?
Other drugs may interact with ceftazidime, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Tell each of your health care providers about all medicines you use now and any medicine you start or stop using.
|Manufacturer||GSK Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyFortum1000mg (1)
- BuyFortum1000mgOnline (1)
- Fortum1000mgpriceinusa (1)
- Fortum1000mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapFortum1000mgOnline (1)
- Fortum1000mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyFortum1000mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseFortum1000mgonline (1)
- Fortum1000mgreview (1)
- Fortum1000mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Ceftazidime1000mguses (1)
- Fortum1000mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericCeftazidime1000mg (1)
- BuyCeftazidime1000mg (1)
- BuyCeftazidime1000mgOnline (1)
- BuyFortum1000mgCheapCeftazidime1000mg (1)
- Ceftazidime1000mgreview (1)
- BuyFortaz1000mgOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyFortum1000mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyFortum1000mginIndia (1)
- BuyFortum1000mgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericFortaz1000mgonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericFortaz1000mg (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyFortaz1000mg (1)
- genericCeftazidime1000mgvs.Fortaz1000mg (1)
- doesgenericCeftazidime1000mgwork (1)
- Ceftazidime1000mgvs.Fortaz1000mgreviews (1)
- BuyCeftazidime1000mgonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericFortaz1000mgfromCanada (1)
- genericFortaz1000mgCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestFortum1000mg (1)
- genericFortaz1000mgforsale (1)
- genericFortaz1000mgonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericFortaz1000mg (1)
- OrderGenericFortaz1000mgOnline (1)
- buygenericFortaz1000mgonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericFortaz1000mgonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericFortaz1000mgonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericFortaz1000mgonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericFortaz1000mgonlinewithDiscover (1)
- Fortum1000mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleFortum1000mg (1)
- genericFortaz1000mgfreeshipping (1)
- genericFortaz1000mgcost (1)
- Fortum1000mg (1)
- Fortum1000mgfastshipping (1)
- buyFortum1000mggenericFortaz1000mg (1)
- genericformofFortaz1000mg (1)
- genericversionofFortaz1000mg (1)
- Fortaz1000mgdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericFortaz1000mgonline (1)
- Fortaz1000mgonlinepharmacy (1)
- Fortum1000mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyFortum1000mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.