Floricot 100 mcg (Fludrocortisone)
How it works
What is Fludrocortisone?
Fludrocortisone is a drug which is an artificial form of a natural substance made by the body called glucocorticoid. This medication along with other drugs (hydrocortisone) is prescribed for the treatment of low levels of glucocorticoid caused by some diseases of the adrenal gland (Addisonâ€™s disease, adrenocortical insufficiency, salt-losing adrenogenital syndrome). Glucocorticoids are crucial for many functions in the body such as salt and water balance in the body, ensuring normal blood pressure, and carbohydrates metabolism.
Fludrocortisone is sold under various trade names, a couple of which are Florinef and Floricot (made by Samarth Life Sciences).
Important Information about Fludrocortisone
Do not take this medication if you are allergic to Fludrocortisone (Florinef, Floricot), or if you have certain medical conditions such as fungal infections (candidiasis, valley fever).
Fludrocortisone causes your body to hold on to sodium and get rid of other salts (calcium, potassium, and others). Follow your doctorâ€™s directions about intake of salts. This medication may hide signs of infections or make you prone to very serious infections. Let your doctor know if you have any signs of infection while taking this medication like persistent sore throat/fever/cough, pain while urinating, or skin sores
Fludrocortisone can lower immunity. Therefore do not take live vaccines without asking your doctor. Also, avoid close contact with sick people or people who have taken oral polio vaccine or flu vaccine inhaled through the nose. Avoid exposure to chickenpox or measles infection. Get immediate medical attention if you are exposed to chicken pox or measles.
Using corticost**d drugs for prolonged periods can make it harder for your body to respond to physical stress. Let your doctor know before any surgery or emergency treatment that you are taking this medication or have used in within the past 12 months. Avoid any physical injury.
Limit alcohol consumption while taking Fludrocortisone. If you have diabetes, this medicine may make it harder for you to keep your sugar levels in check. You may have to closely monitor your sugar levels and adjust your diabetes medications and/or diet.
st**dal medication may hinder a childâ€™s growth if used for a long time. If a child is taking this Fludrocortisone, then he or she may be checked regularly for growth signs. If you are a pregnant or breast feeding woman, you must consult a doctor before taking this medicine. This medication can harm an unborn baby or a nursing child. Do not take this medication on your own without proper medical screening and advice.
Before taking Fludrocortisone
Before taking Fludrocortisone (Florinef, Floricot), keep in mind all precautions listed above. Notify your doctor if you have or ever had any of the following conditions: bleeding disorders, blood clots, brittle bones, diabetes, eye problems (cataracts, glaucoma, infection), heart trouble (congestive heart failure), high blood pressure, infections (herpes, tuberculosis), kidney disease, liver disease (such as cirrhosis), mental/mood disorders, low blood minerals, stomach or intestinal problems, seizures, or thyroid disorders.
How should I take Fludrocortisone?
Take Fludrocortisone medication strictly as advised by your doctor. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer it for complete details about the medication. Do not change the dose or schedule of this medication under any situation, unless or otherwise advised by your doctor. Do not continue to use this medication after the period for which it was prescribed is over. Always store medications in a cool and dry place, away from the reach of children and pets.
What if I miss a dose?
If you forget to take a dose of Fludrocortisone for any reasons, take it as soon as you remember it. Donâ€™t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can lead to overdose.
What if I overdose?
In case of an overdose of Fludrocortisone, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor Immediately. Overdose may lead to symptoms such as high blood pressure, water retention, extreme weight gain, and muscle weakness.
Things and Activities to avoid while taking Fludrocortisone
Fludrocortisone can lower immunity. Therefore do not take live vaccines without asking your doctor. Also, avoid close contact with sick people or people who have taken oral polio vaccine or flu vaccine inhaled through the nose. Avoid exposure to chickenpox or measles infection. Get immediate medical attention if you are exposed to chicken pox or measles. Limit alcohol consumption while taking Fludrocortisone
Side Effects of Fludrocortisone
Some of the common side effects of Fludrocortisone (Florinef, Floricot) are headache, stomach upset, and menstrual changes. If any of these side effects deteriorate or persist for a long time, you must seek immediate medical attention. .
Get immediate medical attention if you experience any of the following rare but serious side effects: change in skin appearance (color, thinning, fatty areas), easy bleeding or bruising, dizziness, slow wound healing, signs of infections (persistent sore throat, fever, or skin sores), bone/joint/muscle pain, stomach/abdominal pain, eye problems, sever headaches, unusual weight gain, increase thirst or urination, seizure, irregular heart beat/heart pounding, depression, or vomit that looks like coffee grounds.
The side effects thus mentioned are not the only ones that you may experience or witness due to Fludrocortisone. If you get any serious side effects due to Fludrocortisone, contact your doctor right away.
Fludrocortisone Dosing Information
Fludrocortisone dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. Remember to follow your doctorâ€™s advice properly for best outcome.
Interaction with other drugs
Certain other drugs can interact with Fludrocortisone. Let your doctor know if you use any other medications, especially these ones: aspirin, aphotericin B, diuretics, digoxin, phenytoin, barbiturates, rifampin, blood thinners, insulin or oral diabetes medications, or an anabolic st**d (such as oxymetholone, nandrolone, and others). However, these are not all the possible drug interactions. There may be others. Never start a new medication on your own. Always consult a doctor before taking a medication.
- Fludrocortisone should be cautiously in children who are suffering from or are exposed to other children suffering from chickenpox, measles or other communicable diseases.
- When increased glucocorticoid effect is desirable (such as during physical trauma, major surgery or severe illness), doctor might prescribe cortisone or hydrocortisone along with fludrocortisone tablets.
- Inform the doctor if you are suffering from any intestinal, bowel disorder or stomach ulcer, liver, kidney or thyroid disease, infection or inflammation of vein(s) in legs, mental disorder (especially depression) in self or family member, recurrent fits, any form of cancer, osteoporosis (thin or brittle bones), periodic weakness of muscles (especially myasthenia gravis), high blood pressure, heart failure, increased eye pressure (glaucoma), diabetes, or have had bowel surgery.
- You may be more likely to experience side effects of fludrocortisone if you are >65 years of age.
- When given to the patients who are <18 years old, fludrocortisone may lead to retarded growth.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Samarth Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyFloricot100mcg (1)
- BuyFloricot100mcgOnline (1)
- Floricot100mcgpriceinusa (1)
- Floricot100mcgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapFloricot100mcgOnline (1)
- Floricot100mcgSideEffect (1)
- BuyFloricot100mcgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseFloricot100mcgonline (1)
- Floricot100mcgreview (1)
- Floricot100mcgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Fludrocortisoneuses (1)
- Floricot100mcgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericFludrocortisone (1)
- BuyFludrocortisone (1)
- BuyFludrocortisoneOnline (1)
- BuyFloricot100mcgCheapFludrocortisone (1)
- Fludrocortisonereview (1)
- BuyFlorinefOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyFloricot100mcgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyFloricot100mcginIndia (1)
- BuyFloricot100mcgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericFlorinefonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericFlorinef (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyFlorinef (1)
- genericFludrocortisonevs.Florinef (1)
- doesgenericFludrocortisonework (1)
- Fludrocortisonevs.Florinefreviews (1)
- BuyFludrocortisoneonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericFlorineffromCanada (1)
- genericFlorinefCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestFloricot100mcg (1)
- genericFlorinefforsale (1)
- genericFlorinefonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericFlorinef (1)
- OrderGenericFlorinefOnline (1)
- buygenericFlorinefonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericFlorinefonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericFlorinefonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericFlorinefonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericFlorinefonlinewithDiscover (1)
- Floricot100mcgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleFloricot100mcg (1)
- genericFlorineffreeshipping (1)
- genericFlorinefcost (1)
- Floricot100mcg (1)
- Floricot100mcgfastshipping (1)
- buyFloricot100mcggenericFlorinef (1)
- genericformofFlorinef (1)
- genericversionofFlorinef (1)
- Florinefdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericFlorinefonline (1)
- Florinefonlinepharmacy (1)
- Floricot100mcgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyFloricot100mcg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
StevenJan 27, 2016Super!!!
Placed my order and even over Christmas and new years holidays received my order quickly. Great meds and great service.