The drug is available in form of a nasal spray. It abates the seasonal allergies symptoms such as sneezing;stuffy, runny, itchy nose and red, itchy, watery eyes. This drug is given under prescription to patients whose age is 4 years and above. The full fledged effects of Fluticasone are realized at least 8 to 24 hours after its intake.
Understanding the drug:
How does it work?This drug consists of st**ds that function by reducing the inflammation brought about by allergic rhinitis and asthma. Corticost**ds are known to exhibit an assortment of effects on different types of cells such as mast cells, neutrophils, eosinophilsetc. It also affects mediators such as histamines and cytokines with inflammatory actions.
When should you avoid the drug?Avoid using Fluticasone if you have:
• Allergic reactions with Fluticasone Propionate or any other type of ongoing allergies.
• Serious liver problems
• A pregnancy, planning to have a pregnancy or breast feeding.
• Incidental skin infections.
• Severe nasal problems.
What is the dosage?The drug’s dosage varies with the age and condition of the patient. The doctor will assess you with respect to these factors then prescribe the correct dosage for you. The drug should then be taken strictly as per the doctor’s prescription.
What strengths of the drug are available?Depending on the active ingredient in the drug that is, Fluticasone Propionate this medication is available asFlohaleRotacaps 100 mcg strength.
Who manufacturers the drug and in what pack sizes?Flohale Rotacaps is manufactured by Cipla, a giant pharmaceuticals company. The drug is packaged in a variety of pack containing 30,60 and 90 Rotacaps.
How to use the drugCaution: Do not swallow Rotacaps! The medication is to be taken via inhalation only, by use of a Rota haler.
Note: consult your doctor or pharmacist on how to use this medication in a proper manner. Follow the doctor’s prescription. You can also refer to the printed leaflet that comes with the drug pack for further details.
Follow these guidelines when using the drug:
• Hold the Rota haler with its white spot upward and its lighter colored end downward. Open the capsule while the Rota is in this position.
• Expel air from your lungs as much as possible.
• Insert the haler’s mouthpiece in your mouth then grip it tightly with your lips.
• Inhale deeply through the mouth, hold the breath for about 10 seconds then exhale through the nose and resume normal breathing. Discard the empty shell.
• Rinse your mouth using water after taking the dose to prevent any type of throat irritations and dry-mouth like conditions.
• Consult your doctor if the medication does not help reduce the symptoms of your condition.Generally,one to two puffs out of your Rotacaps is enough to effectively relieve you from the symptoms.
When should it be taken?Adhere to the dosage prescribed by your doctor; avoid taking more or less than the dosage prescribed by your doctor. Taking the drug at specified time each day helps reduce the likelihood of missing a dose
For how long should it be taken?It is crucial to continue with your medication even if you feel relieved. Do not cease from taking the drug without your doctor’s instruction to do so. Remember this medicine only helps manage your condition; it does not cure it.
What if you overdose the drug?Taking too much Furamist may lead to nasal congestion, pharyngitis, pharyngeal candidiasis, dysphoria and cough. If you overdose, consult your physician or visit the nearest healthcare center immediately to get medical help.
What if you miss the dose?In case you forget to take the dose, take the dose as soon as you remember unless it is less than 12 hours to the next dose. Avoid doubling up the dose with intent of making up for the missed dose.
What are the drug’s side effects?Here are some of the side effects commonly experienced during this medication. You should consult doctor the soonest possible if you notice any of them. You may not necessarily experience all of these side effects.
• Allergic reactions.
• Nasal ulceration.
• Tightness in the chest.
• Breathing difficulties.
• Itchy, red eyes.
• Nausea and vomiting.
• Racing heart.
What are the likely drug interactions?Disclose to your doctor all the drugs you are using currently for treating other diseases and conditions. These should include the prescribed medicines, over the counter drugs, herbal medicines and supplements that you might be taking. This will help your doctor come up with an informed decision when administering this medication to you.A number of drugs may bring about interference on the working of this drug during medication with it.Such drugs include:
• “Azole" antifungals such as Ketoconazole and Itraconazole.
Which things should be taken care of?• Do not allow this drug to come into contact with your eyes, if it does then flush your eyes using plenty of tap or cold water repeatedly for a number of minutes.
• When you store the medicine, let it be in an upright position.
• Remember to give accurate information to your doctor as the dosage and prescription is based on this information and the condition under treatment.
• Load the capsule only when you are about to take a dose.
• This drug may interfere with growth in children and should not be given to children whose age is below four years.
• Don’t share this drug with anyone else, even if that individual has conditions similar to yours.
|Generic Name||Fluticasone Propionate|
|Manufacturer||Cipla Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- CheapFluticasonePropionate (4)
- BuyFluticasonePropionate (4)
- FlohaleRotacaps (1)
- FlohaleRotacapsreviews (1)
- buyFlohaleRotacapsonline (1)
- FlohaleRotacapspriceinusa (1)
- FlohaleRotacapsuses (1)
- CheapFlohaleRotacaps-100mcg (1)
- BuyFlohaleRotacaps-100mcg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.