Famocid 20mg (Famotidine)
What is Famotidine?
Famotidine is a histamine-2 blocker drug and belongs to a family of drugs called histamine-2 blockers. This drug functions by lowering the natural production of acid in the stomach. Famotidine is available as various brands across the globe, some of which are Pepcid and Famocid (Sun Pharma).
Famotidine is an acid reducer which is used to primarily treat and prevent stomach and intestinal ulcers. It is also used to treat conditions characterized by excessive acid production in the stomach like Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Famotidine may be given to people who have gastro-esophageal reflux disease or GERD and other conditions in which the stomach acid flows into the esophagus and causes heartburn. Famotidine may also be used for conditions not mentioned here.
How it works
Important Information about Famotidine
Initial symptoms of heart attack are often misunderstood as heartburn. Get immediate and urgent medical attention if you have chest pain with pain advancing to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, and a general ill feeling.
You must not take Famotidine (Pepcid, Famocid) if you are allergic to it or other similar drugs like Ranitidine, Cimetidine, or Nizatidine. You must also not take these similar medications along with Famotidine, unless your doctor advises you to do so.
You may be advised some diet restrictions along with Famotidine. Taking a proper diet is the key to proper effectiveness of this medication.
Before taking Famotidine
Before taking Famotidine acid reducing medication (Pepcid, Famocid), take care of all precautions mentioned above and discuss them with your doctor.
Your doctor may need to decide if it is safe for you to take Famotidine if you have any of these conditions: liver or kidney disease, a personal or family history of Long QT syndrome, stomach cancer, asthma, chronic pulmonary obstructive disease (COPD), or breathing problems.
Famotidine is not expected to harm an unborn baby if taken while being pregnant. Women should inform their doctor if they are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Famotidine can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. Donâ€™t take this medication without your doctorâ€™s advice if you are breast feeding.
How should I take Famotidine?
Take Famotidine strictly according to the instructions on the medication label or according to your doctorâ€™s direction. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take Famotidine (Pepcid, Famocid) after the prescribed period is over.
Properly chew the chewable Famotidine tablet before swallowing. Famotidine medication may take up to 8 weeks to heal your ulcers. Take the medication as directed for best results. Tell your doctor if you symptoms donâ€™t start to subside after 6 weeks of taking Famotidine. Always store Famotidine in a cool and dry place, away from heat and moisture. Ensure that children and pets donâ€™t have access to this medication.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Famotidine, take it as soon as you remember. Donâ€™t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
What if I overdose?
In case of an overdose of Famotidine, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immedaitely. Overdose may lead to nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, or diarrhea.
Things and Activities to avoid while taking Famotidine
Alcohol consumption while taking Famotidine (Pepcid, Famocid) may worsen your condition so avoid alcohol. Also avoid other acid reducers like cimetidine, nizatidine, ranitidine, or others unless or otherwise advised by your doctor.
Famotidine may lead to dizziness which can impact some activities that require high level of attention and alertness like driving. So be careful while indulging in such activities.
Side Effects of Famotidine
Common side effects of Famotidine (Pepcid, Famocid) are nausea, vomiting, dizziness, constipation, diarrhea, dry mouth, headache, muscle cramps, or joint pain. These are not the only side effects of Famotidine. There may be others. Contact your doctor right away if you experience any serious side effects or if your condition worsens after taking Famotidine.
Famotidine Dosing Information
Famotidine dosage will be fixed by your doctor after examining you properly. Dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Stick to your doctorâ€™s prescription strictly.
Interaction with other drugs
These drugs can interact with Famotidine: atazanavir, itraconazole, ketoconazole, aspirin or other NSAIDs like ibuprofen, naproxen, diclofenac, or others. The drugs mentioned thus are not all the possible drugs which can interact with Famotidine. There may be others as well. Share the list of all type of medications and related products which you are using with your doctor and never start a new medication without his or her advice.
- Do not take ethamsylate, if you are allergic to ethamsylate or any other ingredients in the medicine, or you have allergy to sulfa drugs or wheat.
- Do not take ethamsylate, if you develop fever with treatment; non-cancerous growths called fibroids in your womb; porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs, and causes abdominal pain).
- Avoid using ethamsylate, if you are pregnant or breast feeding a baby.
- Do not use the product before onset of bleeding during periods.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- Hairlossmedication (38)
- hairlosstreatment (38)
- BuyFamocid20mg (1)
- BuyFamocid20mgOnline (1)
- Famocid20mgpriceinusa (1)
- Famocid20mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapFamocid20mgOnline (1)
- Famocid20mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyFamocid20mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseFamocid20mgonline (1)
- Famocid20mgreview (1)
- Famocid20mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Famocid20mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericFamotidine (2)
- BuyFamotidine (2)
- BuyFamotidineOnline (2)
- BuyFamocid20mgCheapFamotidine (1)
- Famotidinereview (2)
- BuyPepcidOnlineIndia (2)
- BuyFamocid20mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyFamocid20mginIndia (1)
- BuyFamocid20mgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericPepcidonlinecheap (2)
- isthereagenericPepcid (2)
- bestwebsitetobuyPepcid (2)
- genericFamotidinevs.Pepcid (2)
- doesgenericFamotidinework (2)
- Famotidinevs.Pepcidreviews (2)
- BuyFamotidineonlinePayPal (2)
- buygenericPepcidfromCanada (2)
- genericPepcidCanadapharmacy (2)
- CheapestFamocid20mg (1)
- genericPepcidforsale (2)
- genericPepcidonlineCanadianpharmacy (2)
- DiscountgenericPepcid (2)
- OrderGenericPepcidOnline (2)
- buygenericPepcidonlinesafely (2)
- buygenericPepcidonlinewithMasterCard (2)
- buygenericPepcidonlinewithVisa (2)
- buygenericPepcidonlinewithAmex (2)
- buygenericPepcidonlinewithDiscover (2)
- Famocid20mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleFamocid20mg (1)
- genericPepcidfreeshipping (2)
- genericPepcidcost (2)
- Famocid20mg (1)
- Famocid20mgfastshipping (1)
- buyFamocid20mggenericPepcid (1)
- genericformofPepcid (2)
- genericversionofPepcid (2)
- Pepciddiscount (2)
- wheretobuygenericPepcidonline (2)
- Pepcidonlinepharmacy (2)
- Famocid20mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyFamocid20mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
BenjaminJan 26, 2016digestion in my body has increased to a great extent
The vomistop is a magic tablet that can easily improve the digestion. It is an effective medicine that ensures the food does not come out the reverse way via your esophagus. My friend, who is a doctor, prescribed this medicine to me. He told me that the vomistop is easily available online, so I can buy it anytime. The digestion in my body has increased to a great extent. I am very happy with this medicine as it keeps you away from nausea and vomiting that indigestion causes