Famcimac 500 mg (Famciclovir)
How it works
What is Famciclovir?
Famciclovir is an antiviral drug used in the treatment of Herpes. It reduces the rate of growth of the Herpes virus so that the body can fight off the infection. Famciclovir is prescribed for the treatment of infections caused by herpes viruses in adults and children such as genital herpes, cold sores, shingles, and chickenpox. This medicine however, will not cure the body from the virus. It will only reduce the symptoms of the infection.
Famciclovir is sold under various trade names, a couple of which are Famvir and Virovir (made by FDC).
Important Information about Famciclovir
Do take Famciclovir if you are allergic to it or to a similar Herpes medicine called Peniciclovir. Treatment with Famciclovir must start as quickly as possible after the first symptoms are noticed such as tingling, burning, or blisters. This medicine will not stop the Herpes virus from spreading. The virus is very contagious and can spread from person to person even while taking Famciclovir.
Famciclovir is an FDA pregnancy category B drug. It is not expected to harm an unborn baby when taking during pregnancy. However, Herpes can pass on to a child from his or her mother during birth. If you have genital herpes, then it is very important to prevent herpes lesions during pregnancy so that you do not have it during childbirth. Famciclovir can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. Do not take this medicine without your doctor’s advice if you are breast feeding. Talk to your doctor about the specific risks of Famciclovir if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast feeding.
Before taking Famciclovir
Before taking Famciclovir, take care of all precautions mentioned above and discuss the points with your doctor. Do not hesitate to ask any question to your doctor which you may have about this drug.
Prior to taking Famciclovir Herpes medicine (Famvir, Virovir), inform your doctor if you have other drug allergies kidney disease, liver disease, compromised immunity, galactose intolerance, severe lactase deficiency, or glucose-galactose malabsorption.
How should I take Famciclovir?
Use Famciclovir Herpes medication (Famvir, Virovir) strictly according to your doctor’s direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular medication.
Take Famciclovir tablet with or without food, or as directed by your doctor. Ensure that you take plenty of water with this medicine to help your kidneys function properly. Herpes lesions must be kept dry and clean and loose clothing must be worn to prevent irritation of the lesions. Store this medication in a cool and dry place.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Famciclovir, take it as soon as you remember. Don’t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
What if I overdose?
In case of an overdose of Famciclovir, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately.
Things and Activities to avoid while taking Famciclovir
Famciclovir will not help your body get rid of the Herpes virus. Chances of spreading the virus will still remain the same through unprotected sex, or contact with other people. So avoid these things. Also avoid touching your eyes after touching an infected area.
Famciclovir Side Effects
Some common side effects of Famciclovir are headache, nausea, or diarrhea. If these effects persist or worsen, get medical attention right away.
Some rare but serious side effects of Famciclovir are less or not urination, weakness, confusion, appetite loss, pounding heartbeats, fluttering in your chest, or swelling, weight gain, or feeling short of breath.
The side effects mentioned above are not the only ones that you may experience or witness due to Famciclovir. If you get any serious side effects due to this medication, contact your doctor right away.
Famciclovir Dosing Information
Famciclovir dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. Remember to follow your doctor’s advice properly for best results.
Interaction with other drugs
Some drugs can interact with Famciclovir. For example: Probenecid or other Herpes medicine like Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, and others. There may be other medicines as well which can interact with Famciclovir. Inform your doctor about all other medicines which you may be using. Never start a new medication without consulting your doctor first.
- Initiation of famciclovir is recommended as soon as possible after diagnosis.
- Inform you doctor if you have or ever had any liver or kidney problems.
- Avoid intercourse and practice safe sex if you are suffering from genital herpes and on treatment with famciclovir.
- Famciclovir is not recommended in children and adolescents <18 years.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as famciclovir is known to cause dizziness, drowsiness or confusion.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Macleods Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyFamcimac500mg (1)
- BuyFamcimac500mgOnline (1)
- Famcimac500mgpriceinusa (1)
- Famcimac500mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapFamcimac500mgOnline (1)
- Famcimac500mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyFamcimac500mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseFamcimac500mgonline (1)
- Famcimac500mgreview (1)
- Famcimac500mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Famciclovir500mguses (2)
- Famcimac500mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericFamciclovir500mg (2)
- BuyFamciclovir500mg (2)
- BuyFamciclovir500mgOnline (2)
- BuyFamcimac500mgCheapFamciclovir500mg (1)
- Famciclovir500mgreview (2)
- BuyFamvir500mgOnlineIndia (2)
- BuyFamcimac500mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyFamcimac500mginIndia (1)
- BuyFamcimac500mgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericFamvir500mgonlinecheap (2)
- isthereagenericFamvir500mg (2)
- bestwebsitetobuyFamvir500mg (2)
- genericFamciclovir500mgvs.Famvir500mg (2)
- doesgenericFamciclovir500mgwork (2)
- Famciclovir500mgvs.Famvir500mgreviews (2)
- BuyFamciclovir500mgonlinePayPal (2)
- buygenericFamvir500mgfromCanada (2)
- genericFamvir500mgCanadapharmacy (2)
- CheapestFamcimac500mg (1)
- genericFamvir500mgforsale (2)
- genericFamvir500mgonlineCanadianpharmacy (2)
- DiscountgenericFamvir500mg (2)
- OrderGenericFamvir500mgOnline (2)
- buygenericFamvir500mgonlinesafely (2)
- buygenericFamvir500mgonlinewithMasterCard (2)
- buygenericFamvir500mgonlinewithVisa (2)
- buygenericFamvir500mgonlinewithAmex (2)
- buygenericFamvir500mgonlinewithDiscover (2)
- Famcimac500mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleFamcimac500mg (1)
- genericFamvir500mgfreeshipping (2)
- genericFamvir500mgcost (2)
- Famcimac500mg (1)
- Famcimac500mgfastshipping (1)
- buyFamcimac500mggenericFamvir500mg (1)
- genericformofFamvir500mg (2)
- genericversionofFamvir500mg (2)
- Famvir500mgdiscount (2)
- wheretobuygenericFamvir500mgonline (2)
- Famvir500mgonlinepharmacy (2)
- Famcimac500mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyFamcimac500mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.