Evalon Cream 15gm
What is Estriol?
Estriol sold under the name Ortho Dienestrol or Evalon is one of the three types of Estrogen which is also produced by the female human body. Its main function is to help develop and nurture female reproduction organs and urinary system. When your body has a deficiency of the hormone Estriol, it can be fulfilled by outside supply to ease the unpleasant conditions brought about by its short supply. These include changes in conditions in vagina, vulva (genitals) and urethra (component of urinary system). Vaginal Estriol treats conditions like genital skin condition - vulvar atrophy, vaginal inflammation – atrophic vaginitis, and urethral inflammation – atrophic urethritis.
How it works
Important Information about Estriol
Estriol works partly by elevating a normal and clear discharge from the vagina leading to a healthy vulva and urethra. Using or applying Estriol leads to relief and lessening of: Vaginal dryness and soreness. Vulvar itching, redness, or soreness, frequent urge to urinate which is more than required or pain while urinating, or pain during sexual intercourse.
Estriol is absorbed into the bloodstream when used vaginally or applied on the skin and can have the same effects but not all when taken by mouth. Estriol which is a type of the hormone estrogen when used vaginally at low doses will help in treating local problems of the genitals and urinary system but will be ineffective in treating osteoporosis or hot flushes due to menopause. Estriol for vaginal use is strictly available on prescription only.
Things to know before taking Estriol
Remember to tell your doctor about any allergies you have from similar medicines or other drugs. Also tell your doctor or physician about other allergies like foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals before starting Estriol intake or application. Similarly, tell your doctor about an impending or current pregnancy or if you are a nursing mother as Estriol is not recommended for both pregnant and nursing women. This hormone should also not be taken if you have certain pre-existing medical conditions about which you should talk to your doctor along with your medical history.
How to take Estriol?
Estriol is available as pills for oral use or as vaginal creams that are directly applied inside the vagina. Vaginal estriol medications normally come with proper directions on their labels. Don’t forget to properly read all the instructions and precautions before taking or applying the medicine. Maintain a high degree of hygiene by washing hands before and after using the medication as you will be dealing with some of the most sensitive areas of your body which are highly prone to infections. Use Estriol strictly as advised by your doctor; anything more or less may have serious effects or may prove to be ineffective. Estriol can take up to 4 months of usage before you see its full effect. Your doctor may adjust your Estriol dosage several times during the course of treatment or even reconsider continuing with the medication depending on your condition. This can happen within the first one or two months and every 3 to 6 months after that.
Vaginal estriol is usually applied using a plastic applicator which is inserted into the vagina, directions for which are provided on the label. Ask your doctor for more information about the directions and use.
What to do in case of missed dose?
Although a medicine dose should never be missed, if you do forget to take or apply a dose of Estriol due to reasons best known to you, do it as soon as your remember. However, don’t take or apply the missed dose if it is time already for the next dose. Don’t ever try to take double doses as it may prove to be dangerous and fatal as your body can accommodate only a certain amount of dosage.
Overdose. Now what?
If you had an overdose of Estriol, you may experience symptoms of sickness and vaginal bleeding. If the intake or application of Estriol is very high or if you have accidently ingested Estriol cream, then seek emergency medical help from your doctor or rush to your nearest hospital or medical facility.
Estriol Side Effects
Estriol can show these side effects: Skin irritation and itching around the vagina as well as increased vaginal discharge; bloated feeling; frequent urination as well as pain while doing it; gall bladder issues; dark areas or small red spots on the skin; painful red swelling or bruising on legs; memory loss; pain in abdominal area; cramps in legs; premenstrual tension symptoms; palpitations; feeling low or depressed; breakthrough bleeding or spotting from the vagina; tender, breast swelling, tenderness and pain; headache, feeling unwell.
Some rare and serious side effects of Estriol are pain in the chest that advances to arm and neck; sudden swelling in face or throat which may hinder breathing or swallowing; extreme blistering of the skin; excruciating migraine like headache; painful leg swelling; yellow skin and white areas of eyes (Jaundice); high blood pressure; changes in the condition of the breasts like skin dimple formation, changes in nipple texture or lump formation that can be seen or felt. Immediately seek emergency medical help in case of these symptoms.
The side effects listed above are non exhaustive and there can be other effects as well. Consult your doctor for more advice related to side effects.
How much Estriol to take?
Again, this depends on patient to patient. You should strictly follow the directions of your doctor and avoid altering the dosage as prescribed by him or her.
Interaction with other drugs
You should not start, stop or alter any medication without strict medical advice from your doctor. Estriol should not be taken with the following medicines as it may cause fatal reactions in combination with them. They are Rifampicin, Rifabutin, Nevirapine, Efavirenz, Ritonavir, Nelfinavir, Bosentan, Lamotrigine and Again, this list is non exhaustive and there can be other possible interactions so let your doctor know about any existing medicines, OTC pills or any herbal products which you may be using prior to using Estriol.
- The drug can cause nausea, vomitting or breast tenderness.
- Do not use estradiol patches over breast stop taking estradiol and see a doctor immediately if you notice any of the following when taking estradiol:
- yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes (jaundice).
- rise in your blood pressure (symptoms may be headache, tiredness, dizziness).
- new onset migraine-like headaches.
- signs of a blood clot, such as: painful swelling and redness of the legs, sudden chest pain, difficulty in breathing.
- Do not consider estradiol alone as a contraceptive. It must be used with progestogen to provide contraceptive benefits.
- Consult your doctor if you have unusual vaginal bleeding while taking this drug, Immediately consult your doctor if you notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain, severe headache, or changes in vision. This medicine should not be taken for a very long period.
- Consult your doctor from time to time to check if you still need it.
Frequently asked questions
|Equivalent Brand||Estrace Cream|
|Manufacturer||MSD Ltd, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyEvalonCream (1)
- BuyEvalonCreamOnline (1)
- EvalonCreampriceinusa (1)
- EvalonCreampriceinIndia (1)
- CheapEvalonCreamOnline (1)
- EvalonCreamSideEffect (1)
- BuyEvalonCreamPayPal (1)
- PurchaseEvalonCreamonline (1)
- EvalonCreamreview (1)
- EvalonCreamsupplierinIndia (1)
- EstradiolCreamuses (1)
- EvalonCreameBay (1)
- BuyGenericEstradiolCream (1)
- BuyEstradiolCream (1)
- BuyEstradiolCreamOnline (1)
- BuyEvalonCreamCheapEstradiolCream (1)
- EstradiolCreamreview (1)
- BuyEstraceCreamOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyEvalonCreamonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyEvalonCreaminIndia (1)
- BuyEvalonCreamOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericEstraceCreamonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericEstraceCream (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyEstraceCream (1)
- genericEstradiolCreamvs.EstraceCream (1)
- doesgenericEstradiolCreamwork (1)
- EstradiolCreamvs.EstraceCreamreviews (1)
- BuyEstradiolCreamonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericEstraceCreamfromCanada (1)
- genericEstraceCreamCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestEvalonCream (1)
- genericEstraceCreamforsale (1)
- genericEstraceCreamonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericEstraceCream (1)
- OrderGenericEstraceCreamOnline (1)
- buygenericEstraceCreamonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericEstraceCreamonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericEstraceCreamonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericEstraceCreamonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericEstraceCreamonlinewithDiscover (1)
- EvalonCreamexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleEvalonCream (1)
- genericEstraceCreamfreeshipping (1)
- genericEstraceCreamcost (1)
- EvalonCream (1)
- EvalonCreamfastshipping (1)
- buyEvalonCreamgenericEstraceCream (1)
- genericformofEstraceCream (1)
- genericversionofEstraceCream (1)
- EstraceCreamdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericEstraceCreamonline (1)
- EstraceCreamonlinepharmacy (1)
- EvalonCreambuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyEvalonCream (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.