What is Erythromycin?
Erythromycin is a macrolide antibiotic that slows the growth of sensitive bacteria or kills them by reducing the production of important proteins required by the bacteria to thrive. It is prescribed for the treatment of several types of bacterial infections.
Erythromycin is sold under various trade names, some of which are Ery-Tab, Eryped, and Althrocin (made by Alembic).
Important Information about Erthromycin
Do not take Erythromycin antibiotic medicine (Ery-Tab, Eryped, Althrocin) if you have a known allergy to it, or if you are also using cisapride, dihydroergoatmine, ergotamine, or pimozide. These medicines can interact with Erythromycin producing dangerous or life-threatening heart rhythm disorders. Consult your doctor about this.
Prior to taking Erythromycin, notify your doctor if you have liver disease, myasthenia gravis, a heart rhythm disorder, a history of Long QT syndrome, or low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood. Your doctor will decide if it is safe for you to take this medicine on top of these conditions.
You must strictly complete the full course of Erythromycin antibiotic as directed by your doctor. Your symptoms may subside even before your medication gets over. Skipping or discontinuing the medicine halfway will lead to relapse of your infection which can be drug resistant and difficult to treat with common antibiotics.
A common side effect of antibiotic medicines is diarrhea. If you have a watery or bloody diarrhea after taking an antibiotic, stop taking it and seek medical attention right away. This can be a sign of a new infection.
Erythromycin is an FDA pregnancy category B drug. It is not expected to harm an unborn baby if taken while being pregnant. This medicine can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. You must consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breast feeding.
Before taking Erythromycin
Before taking Erythromycin (Ery-Tab, Eryped, Althrocin), consult your doctor and discuss about the precautions and other details about this medicine. Do not take this medicine without a doctor's prescription.
How should I take Erythromycin?
Take Erythromycin strictly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not make any changes in using the medication without his or her advice. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Follow the instructions in them if you have any doubt. However, remember that your doctor
's advice overrides everything else.
What happens if I miss a dose of Erythromycin?
Don't miss a single dose of Erythromycin. But if you do miss a dose for some reasons, take it as soon as your remember it. However, forget about the missed dose if the time for the next dose is near. Don
't take multiple doses close to each other to compensate for the missed dose as that will lead to extra medicine in your body at one time which can be harmful
What if I overdose?
Get immediate medical attention in case of an overdose or call the poison helpline at 1-800-222-1222.
What should I avoid while taking Erythromycin?
Antibiotic associated diarrhea is a common side effect of any antibiotic medicine. Do not use any diarrhea medicine without your doctor
Erythromycin Side Effects
Erythromycin usage may lead to some common side effects such as nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, stomach pain or cramps, appetite loss, or mild heartburn. A serious side effect due to Erythromycin is rare but get medical attention right away if you experience any of these conditions: joint pain or swelling, unusual fatigue, hearing problems, yellowing of skin or eyes, dark urine or change in amount of urine.
In rare cases, Erythromycin can cause a severe form of diarrhea (Clostridium difficile â€“ associated diarrhea) due to resistant bacteria. This condition may occur during the treatment, or several weeks or months after stopping the treatment. Do not take anti diarrhea medicine without asking your doctor. Let your doctor know immediately if you have persistent diarrhea, abdominal or stomach pain/cramping, or blood or mucus in your stool.
The side effects mentioned above are non exhaustive and there may be other side effects as well. Seek medical help if you witness any other severe side effects. You may also report your side effects to FDA by calling at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Erythromycin Dosing Information
Erythromycin dosage may depend on a range of factors like seriousness of the condition, age, sex, or drug allergies among a host of several other factors.
Interaction with other drugs
There are a lot of other medications that can interact with Erythromycin. Let your doctor know if you use any of these medications: other antibiotics, bromocriptine, alfentanil, cilostazol, colchicine, cyclosporine, digoxin, methylprednisolone, sildenafil, tacrolimus, theophylline, vinblastine, alprazolam, triazolam, blood thinners, carbamazepine, heart or blood pressure medicines, or anti arrhythmic medicines.
However, these are not all the medications that can interact with Erythromycin. You must inform your doctor about all other medicines which you may be using.
|Equivalent Brand||Ery Tab|
|Manufacturer||Pfizer Ltd, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- Erythromycin500mguses (2)
- BuyGenericErythromycin500mg (2)
- BuyErythromycin500mg (2)
- BuyErythromycin500mgOnline (2)
- Erythromycin500mgreview (2)
- BuyEry500mgOnlineIndia (2)
- buygenericEry500mgonlinecheap (2)
- isthereagenericEry500mg (2)
- bestwebsitetobuyEry500mg (2)
- genericErythromycin500mgvs.Ery500mg (2)
- doesgenericErythromycin500mgwork (2)
- Erythromycin500mgvs.Ery500mgreviews (2)
- BuyErythromycin500mgonlinePayPal (2)
- buygenericEry500mgfromCanada (2)
- genericEry500mgCanadapharmacy (2)
- genericEry500mgforsale (2)
- genericEry500mgonlineCanadianpharmacy (2)
- DiscountgenericEry500mg (2)
- OrderGenericEry500mgOnline (2)
- buygenericEry500mgonlinesafely (2)
- buygenericEry500mgonlinewithMasterCard (2)
- buygenericEry500mgonlinewithVisa (2)
- buygenericEry500mgonlinewithAmex (2)
- buygenericEry500mgonlinewithDiscover (2)
- genericEry500mgfreeshipping (2)
- genericEry500mgcost (2)
- genericformofEry500mg (2)
- genericversionofEry500mg (2)
- Ery500mgdiscount (2)
- wheretobuygenericEry500mgonline (2)
- Ery500mgonlinepharmacy (2)
- BuyErythrocin500mg (1)
- BuyErythrocin500mgOnline (1)
- Erythrocin500mgpriceinusa (1)
- Erythrocin500mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapErythrocin500mgOnline (1)
- Erythrocin500mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyErythrocin500mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseErythrocin500mgonline (1)
- Erythrocin500mgreview (1)
- Erythrocin500mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Erythrocin500mgeBay (1)
- BuyErythrocin500mgCheapErythromycin500mg (1)
- BuyErythrocin500mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyErythrocin500mginIndia (1)
- BuyErythrocin500mgOnlineUK (1)
- CheapestErythrocin500mg (1)
- Erythrocin500mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleErythrocin500mg (1)
- Erythrocin500mg (1)
- Erythrocin500mgfastshipping (1)
- buyErythrocin500mggenericEry500mg (1)
- Erythrocin500mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyErythrocin500mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.