Emeset 4mg (Ondansetron)
How it works
Ondansetron is a drug that is used alone or along with other drugs to prevent chemical reactions in the body that cause nausea and vomiting. Vomiting or nausea might be caused due to various reasons like
- Cancer drug treatments or chemotherapy
- Radiation treatment
It is successful in obstructing food from going the wrong way or back through your food pipe. Hailing from a family of drugs known as anti-emetics, it acts as a dopamine agonist and facilitates your digestion properly by sending your food to its correct destination. Ondansetron cures indigestion related problems such as nausea, vomiting, belching, a bloated stomach and compresses wind after eating
Understanding the drug
How it works?
It works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger in the brain that is responsible for initiating the feeling of nausea and vomiting i.e. serotonin. It also aids the movement of the muscles of the stomach and intestines. This allows the food to move more easily through the stomach.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Ondansetron if you:
- Are allergic to Ondansetron or any other ingredient of the drug
- Have severe belly cramps
- Have or have had liver disease
- Bleeding or obstruction in the stomach and intestine
- Are pregnant (use it only when clearly needed). Clearly discuss the risks and benefits of the drug before using it.
- Are breastfeeding, then ask your doctor as it is still unknown that whether this medicine passes into the breast milk or not.
- Are below 15 years of age, it’s not recommended for children
How much to take?
The dosage of the drug varies according to the patient’s condition and the quantity of the drug recommended. It is very important to take the drug as per the doctor recommendation.
What are the strengths available?
Ondansetron is available in various strengths of the active ingredient like:
Emeset 4 mg
Emeset 8 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Emeset is manufactured by Cipla. It is available on our websites in the packs of 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
How to take?
Swallow the tablet with one glass full of water. Do not break the tablet. Take the drug exactly as directed. Do not consume it in lesser or greater quantities or for a longer duration than prescribed. Check the label on the medicine for accurate dosage guidelines.
When to take?
Ondansetron may be taken up to three times a day for 1-2 days after each chemotherapy or radiation therapy treatment. So ask your doctor about the time and dosage quantity. Remember to take the tablet at about the same time each day, be it at any time of the day. Doing this will help you remember the time of the drug and will also help you to get best of the results. It does not matter whether you take it before or after the food.
For how long should it be taken?
Ask your doctor about the time period for which the drug must be taken. Take the tablet every day continuously until your doctor tells you to stop.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may need urgent medical attention as you may experience problems with the rhythm of your heart. Your heartbeat may be faster or slower than usual. Even if you do not feel any signs symptoms of poisoning due to overdose go to the nearest hospital or call your doctor immediately.
What if you miss the dose?
Take the dose as soon as you remember, and then go back to taking it as you would normally. If it is less than 12 hours to the next dose, do not take the dose you have missed. Do not take a double dose to make up for the one that you overlooked.
What are the side effects?
Tell your doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible if you do not feel well while you are taking Tamoxifen. Tell the doctor immediately if you notice any of the following side effects and they worry you:
- Shortness of breath
- Light headedness and dizziness
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Mouth ulcers or cold sores
- Swelling of the hands, ankles and feet
- Temporary loss of vision
- Lumps anywhere in the body
- Frequent infection
- Unusual pain or pressure around your pelvic area, in your bones or anywhere in your body
- Fever, severe chills, sore throat or mouth ulcers
- Breast tenderness or breast enlargement in men
These are the most common symptoms but you may find many other discomforting signs. In such cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them.
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Some medicines and Ondansetron may interfere with each other. You may have to stop taking one of the medicines if you are on a dose of Ondansetron:
- Arsenic trioxide
- Clomipramine Alfuzosin
- Arsenic trioxide
If you are taking any of these then tell your doctor and consult your doctor to get a full list of the drugs to be avoided.
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Be sure to make all your appointments with your doctor so your progress can be checked
- Avoid alcoholic beverages
- Do not give this medicine to anyone even if the symptoms are same
- If you are allergic to it or to any content in the medicine.
- If you have a blockage in your gut or suffer from severe constipation.
- If you are going to undergo surgery of the adenoids or tonsils.
- If you have any heart or liver problems.
- If you are taking apomorphine, used for Parkinson’s disease.
- If you have abnormal levels of salts such as sodium, magnesium and potassium in your blood.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Cipla Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyEmeset4mg (1)
- BuyEmeset4mgOnline (1)
- Emeset4mgpriceinusa (1)
- Emeset4mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapEmeset4mgOnline (1)
- Emeset4mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyEmeset4mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseEmeset4mgonline (1)
- Emeset4mgreview (1)
- Emeset4mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Ondansetron4mguses (1)
- Emeset4mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericOndansetron4mg (1)
- BuyOndansetron4mg (1)
- BuyOndansetron4mgOnline (1)
- BuyEmeset4mgCheapOndansetron4mg (1)
- Ondansetron4mgreview (1)
- BuyZofran4mgOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyEmeset4mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyEmeset4mginIndia (1)
- BuyEmeset4mgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericZofran4mgonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericZofran4mg (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyZofran4mg (1)
- genericOndansetron4mgvs.Zofran4mg (1)
- doesgenericOndansetron4mgwork (1)
- Ondansetron4mgvs.Zofran4mgreviews (1)
- BuyOndansetron4mgonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericZofran4mgfromCanada (1)
- genericZofran4mgCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestEmeset4mg (1)
- genericZofran4mgforsale (1)
- genericZofran4mgonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericZofran4mg (1)
- OrderGenericZofran4mgOnline (1)
- buygenericZofran4mgonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericZofran4mgonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericZofran4mgonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericZofran4mgonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericZofran4mgonlinewithDiscover (1)
- Emeset4mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleEmeset4mg (1)
- genericZofran4mgfreeshipping (1)
- genericZofran4mgcost (1)
- Emeset4mg (1)
- Emeset4mgfastshipping (1)
- buyEmeset4mggenericZofran4mg (1)
- genericformofZofran4mg (1)
- genericversionofZofran4mg (1)
- Zofran4mgdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericZofran4mgonline (1)
- Zofran4mgonlinepharmacy (1)
- Emeset4mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyEmeset4mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
AlbertJan 28, 2016Worked quickly
I took this medication when I had stomach flu and I was so thankful to have this as it start working very quickly and efficiently to stop the nausea and therefore the vomiting. Glad to find this product on SGP