What is Clobetasol Propionate (Topical)?
Clobetasol Propionate topical (applied on skin) is a corticosteroid ointment medication used to treat various skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and allergies. This medication reduces the swelling, itching, and redness associated with these types of conditions.
Clobetasol Propionate topical is sold under various trade names, a couple of which are Clobetasol and Clostaf (made by Systopic).
Important Information about Clobetasol Propionate (Topical)
Do not use Clobetasol Propionate ointment (Clobetasol, Clostaf) if you are allergic to it, or to other corticosteroids such as hydrocortisone, or prednisone; or if you have other allergies. Prior to using this medication, let your doctor know about your medical history, especially if you ever had poor blood circulation or immune system problems.
Do not apply Clobetasol Propionate (Topical) topical medication on areas of skin having infection or sores on them. In some cases (rare), using a corticosteroid medication for a prolonged period or over large skin areas can make it harder for your body to withstand physical stress. This aspect is significant if you have a surgery or a medical emergency, or if you get a serious illness or injury. You must let your doctor or other healthcare personnel know that you are using this medicine or have used it within the past few months.
Steroidal medications should not be used on children without doctor's advice as steroids can affect or hinder a child's growth. However, topically applied steroidal medication like Clobetasol Propionate (Topical) is unlikely to slow down a child's growth. If this medication is being used on a child, then he or she needs to be monitored closely for growth by a doctor on a regular basis.
Clobetasol Propionate (Topical) topical medication must be used only if clearly required during pregnancy. Consult your doctor about the risks and benefits of using this medicine during pregnancy. It is not known if this medication (applied topically) can pass into breast milk. Similar medications when taken orally pass into breast milk. Ask your doctor about this if you are a breast feeding woman.
Before using Clobetasol Propionate (Topical)
Before using Clobetasol Propionate (Topical), remember to adhere to the restrictions and precautions listed above. Discuss the risks and benefits of using this medication with your doctor.
How should I use Clobetasol Propionate (Topical)
Use Clobetasol Propionate ointment (Clobetasol, Clostaf) only on the skin. Avoid applying this medication on the face, groin, or underarms unless or otherwise advised by your doctor. If applying near the eyes, avoid getting it into eyes as this may worsen or cause glaucoma.
Before applying this medication, wash and dry the affected area. Then apply a thin film of the medicine and rub gently. Follow your doctor's directions on the number of times this medicine needs to be applied daily. Do not cover the medicated area with a bandage or other materials. Store this medication in a cool and dry place
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Clobetasol Propionate (Topical), then use it as soon as you remember but if the time to take the next dose is near, skip the missed dose. Never take extra doses at the same time or near to each other to compensate for the missed dose. Extra amount of drug in your body can be harmful.
What if I overdose?
Clobetasol Propionate (Topical) can be harmful if swallowed. If swallowing or overdose is suspected, contact the Doctor immediately.
What should I avoid while using Clobetasol Propionate (Topical)?
Follow any restrictions advised by your doctor while using this medication.
Clobetasol Propionate (Topical) Side Effects
Some common side effects of Clobetasol Propionate ointment (Clobetasol, Clostaf) are burning, itching, irritation, or dryness of the skin when applied initially. These effects perish after a few days as the body gets used to the medication. However, if any of these effects persist or deteriorate, get medical attention right away.
Let your doctor know right away if you get any of these rare but serious side effects such as stretch marks, skin thinning or discoloration, acne, greatly increased hair growth, or hair bumps (folluculitis). Skin infections can deteriorate when this medication is used. Inform your doctor if redness, swelling or irritation does not go away
It is possible although in rarity that Clobetasol Propionate (Topical) gets absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream. This can cause side effects of too much corticosteroid, especially in children and those who use this medication for a long period of time or over large skin areas. Let your doctor know immediately if you have unusual or extreme tiredness, weight loss, headache, swelling ankles or feet, increase thirst or urination, or vision problems.
The information on side effects thus mentioned here is not complete. There may be other side effects which may not have been documented.
Clobetasol Propionate (Topical) Dosing Information
Follow your doctor's directions on the dosage for Clobetasol Propionate (Topical). Do not use more or less than the prescribed dosage.
Interaction with other drugs
Let your doctor known very well in advance if you are using other medications at present, especially corticosteroids taken by mouth and immunosuppresors (drugs which suppress immunity such as cyclosporine). These medications can interact with each other. However, there may be other medications which can interact with Clobetasol Propionate (Topical). Do not start a new medication without proper medical advice.
|Generic Name||Clobetasol Propionate|
|Manufacturer||Biochem Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyClostafCream (1)
- BuyClostafCreamOnline (1)
- ClostafCreampriceinusa (1)
- ClostafCreampriceinIndia (1)
- CheapClostafCreamOnline (1)
- ClostafCreamSideEffect (1)
- BuyClostafCreamPayPal (1)
- PurchaseClostafCreamonline (1)
- ClostafCreamreview (1)
- ClostafCreamsupplierinIndia (1)
- Clobetasolpropionatecreamuses (2)
- ClostafCreameBay (1)
- BuyGenericClobetasolpropionatecream (2)
- BuyClobetasolpropionatecream (2)
- BuyClobetasolpropionatecreamOnline (2)
- BuyClostafCreamCheapClobetasolpropionatecream (1)
- Clobetasolpropionatecreamreview (2)
- BuyClobetasolCreamOnlineIndia (2)
- BuyClostafCreamonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyClostafCreaminIndia (1)
- BuyClostafCreamOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericClobetasolCreamonlinecheap (2)
- isthereagenericClobetasolCream (2)
- bestwebsitetobuyClobetasolCream (2)
- genericClobetasolpropionatecreamvs.ClobetasolCream (2)
- doesgenericClobetasolpropionatecreamwork (2)
- Clobetasolpropionatecreamvs.ClobetasolCreamreviews (2)
- BuyClobetasolpropionatecreamonlinePayPal (2)
- buygenericClobetasolCreamfromCanada (2)
- genericClobetasolCreamCanadapharmacy (2)
- CheapestClostafCream (1)
- genericClobetasolCreamforsale (2)
- genericClobetasolCreamonlineCanadianpharmacy (2)
- DiscountgenericClobetasolCream (2)
- OrderGenericClobetasolCreamOnline (2)
- buygenericClobetasolCreamonlinesafely (2)
- buygenericClobetasolCreamonlinewithMasterCard (2)
- buygenericClobetasolCreamonlinewithVisa (2)
- buygenericClobetasolCreamonlinewithAmex (2)
- buygenericClobetasolCreamonlinewithDiscover (2)
- ClostafCreamexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleClostafCream (1)
- genericClobetasolCreamfreeshipping (2)
- genericClobetasolCreamcost (2)
- ClostafCream (1)
- ClostafCreamfastshipping (1)
- buyClostafCreamgenericClobetasolCream (1)
- genericformofClobetasolCream (2)
- genericversionofClobetasolCream (2)
- ClobetasolCreamdiscount (2)
- wheretobuygenericClobetasolCreamonline (2)
- ClobetasolCreamonlinepharmacy (2)
- ClostafCreambuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyClostafCream (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.