Megapen Capsules (Ampicillin 250mg and Cloxacillin 250mg)
What is Ampicillin and Cloxacillin?
Ampicillin and Cloxacillin is a combination penicillin antibiotic medicine prescribed mainly to provide an extended line of effectiveness, particularly against penicillin-resistant infections. It has two active ingredients namely Ampicillin and Cloxacillin. This antibiotic medication is used against a wide range of bacterial infections such as middle ear infections, upper and lower respiratory tract infections, gastro intestinal infections, skin and soft tissue infections (boils, infections due to insect bites, impetigo a bacterial skin infection characterized by small pus filled blisters, and endocarditis inflammation of the lining of the heart and its valves).
Ampicillin and Cloxacillin is marketed and sold under various trade names, a couple of which are Megapen and Clamp (made by Dr. Reddy).
Important Information about Ampicillin and Cloxacillin
Do not take Ampicillin and Cloxacillin antibiotic medication (Megapen, Clamp) if you are allergic to Ampicillin and Cloxacillin or Cloxacillin or to other penicillin antibiotic drugs such as amoxicillin, dicloxacillin, oxacillin, or penicillin, and others. Prior to taking this medicine, let your doctor know if you are allergic to it or to cephalosporin antibiotics such as Cefaclor, Cefuroxime Axetil, Cephalexin, Cefadroxil, and others. Let your doctor know about your drug allergies if any.
Before using Ampicillin and Cloxacillin, let your doctor know if you have any of these conditions: liver or kidney disease, inflammatory bowel disease or ulcerative colitis, leukemia, glandular fever, or if you are taking other medicines.
If you are a pregnant or breast feeding woman, take this medicine only if your doctor deems it safe for you. Oral contraceptives may not be as effective as usual while taking Ampicillin and Cloxacillin. It is recommended that you use non hormonal forms of birth control (condoms, spermicidal, or diaphragm) while using this medicine. Ask your doctor about it.
You must complete the full course of Ampicillin and Cloxacillin antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Symptoms usually improve before the infection is completely cleared from your body. Not completing the antibiotic course can cause a drug-resistant infection which is difficult to treat with common antibiotics. Ampicillin and Cloxacillin will not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu.
Before taking Ampicillin and Cloxacillin
Remember that Ampicillin and Cloxacillin is a prescription medicine and available only with a doctor's prescription. You must consult a doctor before taking Ampicillin and Cloxacillin to be absolutely sure that this medicine is safe for you. Remember to take care of all precautions listed above and discuss them with your doctor.
How should I take Ampicillin and Cloxacillin?
All medications including Ampicillin and Cloxacillin (Megapen, Clamp) must be taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor or as mentioned on the medication label or as per the instructions in the patient leaflet that come along with the medication. Always store this medication in a cool and dry place
What If I miss a dose of Ampicillin and Cloxacillin?
In case you miss a dose of Ampicillin and Cloxacillin, take it at the instant you remember it. However, skip the missed dose if the time for the next scheduled dose is near. Taking extra medicine to make up for the missed dose can be harmful.
What if I overdose?
Overdose of any medication can be harmful. If you overdose on Ampicillin and Cloxacillin, call the poison Doctor immediately. Overdose symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea, skin rash, drowsiness, and hyperactivity.
What should I avoid while taking Ampicillin and Cloxacillin?
Antibiotics can cause diarrhea. Do not use any diarrhea medication without asking your doctor. Follow any other restrictions on food, drugs, or activities as advised by your doctor.
Ampicillin and Cloxacillin Side Effects
Diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting are common side effects of Ampicillin and Cloxacillin (Omnipen, CAmpicillin and Cloxacillin). If any of these effects continue for a longer time or deteriorate, contact your doctor immediately.
Ampicillin and Cloxacillin may rarely cause serious side effects such as persistent/bloody diarrhea (Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea), dark urine, persistent nausea/vomiting, severe stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin, easy bruising/bleeding, new signs of infection (fever, persistent sore throat), or unusual tiredness. The information on side effects of Ampicillin and Cloxacillin in this guide is not complete and there may be other side effects.
Ampicillin and Cloxacillin Dosing Information
You must follow the exact dosage of Ampicillin and Cloxacillin as fixed by your doctor. Do not alter it under any circumstances without your doctor's advice.
Interaction with other drugs
You must share in advance with your doctor, the list of all medications which you may be using, especially these ones: allopurinol, probenecid, chloroquine, phenytoin, antacids, blood thinner such as warfarin, and another antibiotic (for the same or a different infection). These drugs may interact with Ampicillin and Cloxacillin. However, this is incomplete information as mentioning all the details here is out of scope for this guide. There may be other medications. Never start a new medication with consulting a doctor.
- Do not take ampicillin with food or milk.
- Do not start or continue the ampicillin suspension/capsule and consult your doctor if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to ampicillin, penicillin, cephalosporin, any other antibiotic of this class or any other ingredient of suspension/capsule.
- Do not start or continue the ampicillin suspension/capsule and consult your doctor if you suffer from liver problems ar diabetes.
|Generic Name||Ampicillin Cloxacillin|
|Manufacturer||Aristo Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyMegapenCapsules (1)
- BuyMegapenCapsulesOnline (1)
- MegapenCapsulespriceinusa (1)
- MegapenCapsulespriceinIndia (1)
- CheapMegapenCapsulesOnline (1)
- MegapenCapsulesSideEffect (1)
- BuyMegapenCapsulesPayPal (1)
- PurchaseMegapenCapsulesonline (1)
- MegapenCapsulesreview (1)
- MegapenCapsulessupplierinIndia (1)
- AmpicillinandCloxacillinuses (1)
- MegapenCapsuleseBay (1)
- BuyGenericAmpicillinandCloxacillin (1)
- BuyAmpicillinandCloxacillin (1)
- BuyAmpicillinandCloxacillinOnline (1)
- BuyMegapenCapsulesCheapAmpicillinandCloxacillin (1)
- AmpicillinandCloxacillinreview (1)
- BuyMegapenCapsulesOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyMegapenCapsulesonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyMegapenCapsulesinIndia (1)
- BuyMegapenCapsulesOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericMegapenCapsulesonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericMegapenCapsules (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyMegapenCapsules (1)
- genericAmpicillinandCloxacillinvs.MegapenCapsules (1)
- doesgenericAmpicillinandCloxacillinwork (1)
- AmpicillinandCloxacillinvs.MegapenCapsulesreviews (1)
- BuyAmpicillinandCloxacillinonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericMegapenCapsulesfromCanada (1)
- genericMegapenCapsulesCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestMegapenCapsules (1)
- genericMegapenCapsulesforsale (1)
- genericMegapenCapsulesonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericMegapenCapsules (1)
- OrderGenericMegapenCapsulesOnline (1)
- buygenericMegapenCapsulesonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericMegapenCapsulesonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericMegapenCapsulesonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericMegapenCapsulesonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericMegapenCapsulesonlinewithDiscover (1)
- MegapenCapsulesexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleMegapenCapsules (1)
- genericMegapenCapsulesfreeshipping (1)
- genericMegapenCapsulescost (1)
- MegapenCapsules (1)
- MegapenCapsulesfastshipping (1)
- buyMegapenCapsulesgenericMegapenCapsules (1)
- genericformofMegapenCapsules (1)
- genericversionofMegapenCapsules (1)
- MegapenCapsulesdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericMegapenCapsulesonline (1)
- MegapenCapsulesonlinepharmacy (1)
- MegapenCapsulesbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyMegapenCapsules (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
AddisonJan 27, 2016Good works and very effective.
"This medicine saved my life, when no other antibiotic was able to kill the severe infection in my open scalp (due to brain trauma)."