Ciplactin 4mg (Cyproheptadine)
How it works
What is Cyproheptadine HCl?
Cyproheptadine HCl is an antihistamine drug that reduces the chemical histamine in the body. Histamine is a natural chemical which is secreted by the mast cells in the body and triggers allergic symptoms such as sneezing, itching, watery eye, or runny nose.
Cyproheptadine HCl is prescribed to relieve the symptoms of seasonal allergies (hay fever) both in adults and children. It is sold under various brands, a couple of which are Periactin and Ciplactin (made by Cipla).
Cyproheptadine HCl medication may also be given to treat other conditions not mentioned above.
Important Information about Cyproheptadine HCl
Do not take this medication (Periactin, Ciplactin) if you are allergic to Cyproheptadine HCl, or if you have narrow angle glaucoma, a stomach ulcer or obstruction, an enlarged prostate or urination problems, if you have are having an asthma attack, or if you are elderly or have a debilitating disease.
Before giving cold and allergy medication like Cyproheptadine HCl to children, always ask a doctor. Misuse or such medicines can be harmful and even fatal for children.
This medication may make you dizzy or cause blurred vision. Therefore, do not do any activities such as driving or others that require a high degree of mental awareness until you are sure that you can do them safely. Avoid alcohol while taking this medicine as it can cause certain side effects due to Cyproheptadine HCl.
Cyproheptadine HCl belongs to FDA pregnancy category B. If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast feeding, ask your doctor if it is safe to use Cyproheptadine HCl. Do not take it without doctor's advice.
Before taking Cyproheptadine HCl
Before taking HCl, take care about all precautions listed above. Also let your doctor know if you have any of the following conditions:glaucoma, a history of asthma, high blood pressure, heart disease, an overactive thyroid. This is for the doctor to make sure that this medicine is safe for you or not.
How should I take Cyproheptadine HCl?
You must take Cyproheptadine HCl (Periactin, Ciplactin) medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Don't change the dosage by any amounts smaller or larger or take it for a longer than the prescribed period.
Take the Cyproheptadine HCl tablet with a glass of water. Let your doctor know if your condition doesn't improve or it starts deteriorating after taking Cyproheptadine HCl medication.
Always store Cyproheptadine HCl in a cool and dry place away from heat, light moisture, children and pets. Ensure that medication bottle is tightly Closed.
What if I miss a dose of Cyproheptadine HCl?
As Cyproheptadine HCl is an allergy medication, you may take it as and when needed and not follow a dosing schedule. However, if you are on a regular dosing pattern and if you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. Don't take the missed dose if the time for the next dose is up. Double dosing can cause some undesirable side effects.
What if I overdose?
If you overdose on Cyproheptadine HCl or any medication, get urgent medical help or call the Doctor immediately. Some symptoms of overdose are extreme dizziness, confusion, hallucinations, very dry mouth, dilated pupils, pale skin, vomiting, or fainting.
What should I avoid while taking Cyproheptadine HCl?
Do not drink alcoholic beverages while taking HCl.
Cyproheptadine HCl Side Effects
Some common side effects of Cyproheptadine HCl are dizziness, blurred vision, constipation, or dry mouth/nose/throat. These are not the only side effects due to xyz. There may be others. Seek medical attention right away if you experience any serious side effect due to this medication.
Interaction with other drugs
Prior to taking Cyproheptadine HCl, let your doctor know if you frequently use other medications that induce sleep like medicines for cold, allergy, sedatives, narcotic pain killer, sleeping pills, drugs for depression, anxiety or seizure; or muscle soothers. These medications may increase you sleepiness and drowsiness caused by Cyproheptadine HCl.
The drugs mentioned above are not the only ones to interact with xyz. There may be others. Let your doctor know about any other medications which you may be using. Never start a new medication without a doctor's advice.
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to cyproheptadine or any of the other ingredients of cyproheptadine tablet.
- If you are taking other medicines such as antihistamines or monoamine-oxidase inhibitors.
- If you are breast feeding
Frequently asked questions
|Generic Name||Cyproheptadine HCL|
|Manufacturer||Cipla Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyCiplactin4mg (1)
- BuyCiplactin4mgOnline (1)
- Ciplactin4mgpriceinusa (1)
- Ciplactin4mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapCiplactin4mgOnline (1)
- Ciplactin4mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyCiplactin4mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseCiplactin4mgonline (1)
- Ciplactin4mgreview (1)
- Ciplactin4mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Cyproheptadineuses (1)
- Ciplactin4mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericCyproheptadine (1)
- BuyCyproheptadine (1)
- BuyCyproheptadineOnline (1)
- BuyCiplactin4mgCheapCyproheptadine (1)
- Cyproheptadinereview (1)
- BuyPeriactinOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyCiplactin4mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyCiplactin4mginIndia (1)
- BuyCiplactin4mgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericPeriactinonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericPeriactin (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyPeriactin (1)
- genericCyproheptadinevs.Periactin (1)
- doesgenericCyproheptadinework (1)
- Cyproheptadinevs.Periactinreviews (1)
- BuyCyproheptadineonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericPeriactinfromCanada (1)
- genericPeriactinCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestCiplactin4mg (1)
- genericPeriactinforsale (1)
- genericPeriactinonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericPeriactin (1)
- OrderGenericPeriactinOnline (1)
- buygenericPeriactinonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericPeriactinonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericPeriactinonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericPeriactinonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericPeriactinonlinewithDiscover (1)
- Ciplactin4mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleCiplactin4mg (1)
- genericPeriactinfreeshipping (1)
- genericPeriactincost (1)
- Ciplactin4mg (1)
- Ciplactin4mgfastshipping (1)
- buyCiplactin4mggenericPeriactin (1)
- genericformofPeriactin (1)
- genericversionofPeriactin (1)
- Periactindiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericPeriactinonline (1)
- Periactinonlinepharmacy (1)
- Ciplactin4mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyCiplactin4mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
OliviaJan 26, 2016Very much satisfied with this.
All my life I have struggled to gain or maintain my weight. There are periods when I have no appetite. Can go for days and not eat and not get hungry. This medication has been a God send. Thank you sgp