Cefoprox 200 mg (Cefpodoxime)
How it works
What is Cefpodoxime Proxetil?
Cefpodoxime Proxetil is a cephalosporin antibiotic drug that is prescribed for the treatment of various bacterial infections. Cefpodoxime Proxetil is marketed and sold under several trade names, a couple of which are Vantin and Cefoprox (made by Cipla). This medication may also be given for conditions other than those listed in this description.
Important Information about Cefpodoxime Proxetil
Do not take Cefpodoxime Proxetil (Vantin, Cefoprox) if you are allergic to it or to other cephalosporin antibiotics such as cefaclor, cefdinir, cefditoren, cefprozil, ceftazidime, cefuroxime, or others.
Prior to taking Cefpodoxime Proxetil, let your doctor known if you have or had a history of any of these conditions: liver or kidney disease, a stomach or intestinal disorder such as colitis, diabetes, or if you are malnourished.
Cefpodoxime Proxetil belongs to FDA pregnancy category B which means that it is not expected to harm an unborn baby if taken during pregnancy. However, it is advised that you take this medicine with proper medical advice if you are a pregnant or breast feeding woman.
Full course of Cefpodoxime Proxetil should be completed as prescribed even if the symptoms have disappeared. Symptoms usually disappear before your body is completely cleared of the infection. Discontinuing the medication before the prescribed period can be harmful and can cause a drug resistant infection later on that cannot be treated with common antibiotic medications.
Before taking Cefpodoxime Proxetil
Cefpodoxime Proxetil is a prescription only drug which means that it is only available with a doctor's prescription. Consult your doctor before taking Cefpodoxime Proxetil as all antibiotic medications are strictly to be taken with a doctor's prescription. Take care about all the precautions listed above.
How should I take Cefpodoxime Proxetil?
Take Cefpodoxime Proxetil (Vantin, Cefoprox) strictly according to your doctor's directions or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular medication. Cefpodoxime Proxetil can be taken with or without food. Always store Cefpodoxime Proxetil in a cool and dry place.
What if I miss a dose?
As far as possible, never miss a Cefpodoxime Proxetil dose. But if you happen to miss your scheduled dose due to uncontrollable reasons, take it as soon as possible. However, skip the missed dose if the time for the next dose is near. Donâ€™t overdose on medication as it may cause some serious conditions.
What happens if I take an overdose?
Immediately seek urgent medical help in case of overdose of Cefpodoxime Proxetil as it may cause severe harmful effects in your body. In case of an overdose of Cefpodoxime Proxetil, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately.
Things and Activities to avoid while taking Cefpodoxime Proxetil
Cefpodoxime Proxetil being an antibiotic medication can cause diarrhea. Do not take any type of diarrhea medications without consulting your doctor.
Cefpodoxime Proxetil Side Effects
Some of the side effects of Cefpodoxime Proxetil are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, joint paint, vaginal itching or discharge. These effects are non serious and should go away after some time.
The details provided here are limited and non exhaustive. You may experience some side effects which have no reference over here. If you feel that the effects are serious, do not hesitate to seek emergency medical assistance.
Cefpodoxime Proxetil Dosing Information
Cefpodoxime Proxetil dosage may vary for different people and may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. Remember to follow your doctor's advice properly for best results.
Interaction with other drugs
Other drugs may interact with Cefpodoxime Proxetil. Let your doctor know in advance if you use any other drugs or related products, especially these ones : blood thinner (such as warfarin), metformin, lithium, antiviral medicines (such as adefovir, cidofovir, or foscarnet), cancer medicines (such as aldesleukin, carmustine, cisplatin, ifosfamide, oxaliplatin, or others), diuretics or water pills, antacids, IV antibiotics, immunosuppresors, medicines to treat ulcerative colitis, NSAIDs, and probenecid. However, these are not the only possible interacting drugs. Remember to follow the directions of your doctor regarding any medications. Do not start a new medication without your doctor's advice.
- If you are allergic to cefpodoxime or any other cephalosporin antibiotic such as cefadroxil, cephalexin, penicillin, or any other drugs.
- If you have diarrhea, inflammation of large intestine (colon) colitis, or stomach problems, blood clotting problem.
- If you have or had kidney or liver disease.
- If you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking cefpodoxime.
- If you have taken cefpodoxime repeatedly or for longer duration.
Frequently asked questions
|Generic Name||Cefpodoxime Proxetil|
|Manufacturer||Cipla Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyCefoprox200mg (1)
- BuyCefoprox200mgOnline (1)
- Cefoprox200mgpriceinusa (1)
- Cefoprox200mgpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapCefoprox200mgOnline (1)
- Cefoprox200mgSideEffect (1)
- BuyCefoprox200mgPayPal (1)
- PurchaseCefoprox200mgonline (1)
- Cefoprox200mgreview (1)
- Cefoprox200mgsupplierinIndia (1)
- Cefpodoxime200mguses (1)
- Cefoprox200mgeBay (1)
- BuyGenericCefpodoxime200mg (1)
- BuyCefpodoxime200mg (1)
- BuyCefpodoxime200mgOnline (1)
- BuyCefoprox200mgCheapCefpodoxime200mg (1)
- Cefpodoxime200mgreview (1)
- BuyVantin200mgOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyCefoprox200mgonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyCefoprox200mginIndia (1)
- BuyCefoprox200mgOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericVantin200mgonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericVantin200mg (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyVantin200mg (1)
- genericCefpodoxime200mgvs.Vantin200mg (1)
- doesgenericCefpodoxime200mgwork (1)
- Cefpodoxime200mgvs.Vantin200mgreviews (1)
- BuyCefpodoxime200mgonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericVantin200mgfromCanada (1)
- genericVantin200mgCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestCefoprox200mg (1)
- genericVantin200mgforsale (1)
- genericVantin200mgonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericVantin200mg (1)
- OrderGenericVantin200mgOnline (1)
- buygenericVantin200mgonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericVantin200mgonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericVantin200mgonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericVantin200mgonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericVantin200mgonlinewithDiscover (1)
- Cefoprox200mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleCefoprox200mg (1)
- genericVantin200mgfreeshipping (1)
- genericVantin200mgcost (1)
- Cefoprox200mg (1)
- Cefoprox200mgfastshipping (1)
- buyCefoprox200mggenericVantin200mg (1)
- genericformofVantin200mg (1)
- genericversionofVantin200mg (1)
- Vantin200mgdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericVantin200mgonline (1)
- Vantin200mgonlinepharmacy (1)
- Cefoprox200mgbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyCefoprox200mg (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
FranckJan 27, 2016awesome!!!!
I've had many urinary tract infections and the normal medicines just quit working - I've been successfully treated with Cefoprox 3 times."