Candid Cream (Clotrimazole 1%)
How it works
What is Clotrimazole?
Clotrimazole is an antifungal antibiotic that is used against infections caused by fungus. This medicine is primarily used in the treatment of skin infections such as athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm, and yeast infections.
Clotrimazole is sold under various trade names, some of which are Candid cream (made by Glenmark), Lotrimin AF, and Canstat (made by Ochoa Labs).
Important Information about Clotrimazole
Clotrimazole antifungal medicine (Candid cream, Lotrimin AF, Canstat) should not be taken if you are allergic to it.
You must use this medicine for the entire prescribed period, even after all the symptoms have disappeared. The infection may still not be wiped out from your body. Not taking this medicine as prescribed can worsen your condition and cause an infection which is drug resistant.
Clotrimazole is an FDA pregnancy category B drug. It is not expected to harm an unborn baby if taken while being pregnant. It is also not known if Clotrimazole can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. Consult your doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast feeding.
Before taking Clotrimazole
Before taking Clotrimazole antifungal medicine (Candid cream, Lotrimin AF, Canstat), take care of all precautions mentioned above. Discuss them with your doctor and clear all doubts which you may have about this drug.
How should I use Clotrimazole?
Use Clotrimazole antifungal medication (Candid cream, Lotrimin AF, Canstat) strictly according to your doctor’s direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular medication.
Before and after applying the cream or lotion, wash your hands properly, unless you are using it to treat a hand infection. Clean and dry the affected area. Apply a small amount of cream (normally twice daily) for 2 to 4 weeks. Do not take Clotrimazole medication by mouth. Avoid covering the medicated area with dressing or bandages that don’t allow proper air circulation (occlusive dressings). Always store Clotrimazole medication in a cool and dry place.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Clotrimazole, take it as soon as you remember. Don’t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
What if I overdose?
In case of an overdose of Clotrimazole, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately.
Things and Activities to avoid while taking Clotrimazole
Follow your doctor’s advice on any food or activity restrictions while taking Clotrimazole. Do not take Clotrimazole medication by mouth. Avoid covering the medicated area with dressing or bandages that don’t allow proper air circulation (occlusive dressings). Also avoid tight fitting clothes or synthetic clothing. If you are using this medicine for jock itch in your feet, wear clean cotton socks, sandals or shoes that allows proper air circulation to the affected area.
Clotrimazole Side Effects
Some common side effects of Clotrimazole are burning, stinging, swelling, irritation, redness, pimple like bumps, tenderness, or flaking of the treated skin. If any of these side effects continue for long time or deteriorate, seek medical attention right away.
Clotrimazole rarely causes allergic reactions. Seek emergency medical attention if you get allergic reactions like hives, severe rash, breathing difficulty, dizziness, or breathing troubles.
The side effects mentioned above are not the only ones that you may experience or witness due to Clotrimazole. If you get any serious side effects due to this medication, contact your doctor right away.
Clotrimazole Dosing Information
Clotrimazole dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. Remember to follow your doctor’s advice properly for best results.
Interaction with other drugs
Many other drugs can interact with Clotrimazole. Let your doctor know in advance if you use any other drugs or related medical products. Never start a new medication without consulting your doctor first.
- Clotrimazole cream or pessary is for vaginal use only. Do not use in the eyes or take by mouth.
- Apply to the affected area two or three times a day. Use the cream for at least 2 weeks. In some cases it may be necessary to continue to use the cream for more than 4 weeks.
- For using this cream, squeeze a small amount onto your fingertip and gently apply to the irritated skin around the vagina.
- If this product comes with one applicator do not throw it away after use. Separate the pieces of the applicator and wash with warm and soapy water immediately after use. Rinse thoroughly. Make sure the applicator is completely dry before the next use. If this product comes with 3 disposable applicators, throw away each applicator after use.
- Wash your hands immediately after using the cream.
- To clear up your infection completely, use this cream for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Glenmark Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyCandidCream (1)
- BuyCandidCreamOnline (1)
- CandidCreampriceinusa (1)
- CandidCreampriceinIndia (1)
- CheapCandidCreamOnline (1)
- CandidCreamSideEffect (1)
- BuyCandidCreamPayPal (1)
- PurchaseCandidCreamonline (1)
- CandidCreamreview (1)
- CandidCreamsupplierinIndia (1)
- ClotrimazoleCreamuses (2)
- CandidCreameBay (1)
- BuyGenericClotrimazoleCream (2)
- BuyClotrimazoleCream (2)
- BuyClotrimazoleCreamOnline (2)
- BuyCandidCreamCheapClotrimazoleCream (1)
- ClotrimazoleCreamreview (2)
- BuyMycelexcreamOnlineIndia (2)
- BuyCandidCreamonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyCandidCreaminIndia (1)
- BuyCandidCreamOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericMycelexcreamonlinecheap (2)
- isthereagenericMycelexcream (2)
- bestwebsitetobuyMycelexcream (2)
- genericClotrimazoleCreamvs.Mycelexcream (2)
- doesgenericClotrimazoleCreamwork (2)
- ClotrimazoleCreamvs.Mycelexcreamreviews (2)
- BuyClotrimazoleCreamonlinePayPal (2)
- buygenericMycelexcreamfromCanada (2)
- genericMycelexcreamCanadapharmacy (2)
- CheapestCandidCream (1)
- genericMycelexcreamforsale (2)
- genericMycelexcreamonlineCanadianpharmacy (2)
- DiscountgenericMycelexcream (2)
- OrderGenericMycelexcreamOnline (2)
- buygenericMycelexcreamonlinesafely (2)
- buygenericMycelexcreamonlinewithMasterCard (2)
- buygenericMycelexcreamonlinewithVisa (2)
- buygenericMycelexcreamonlinewithAmex (2)
- buygenericMycelexcreamonlinewithDiscover (2)
- CandidCreamexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleCandidCream (1)
- genericMycelexcreamfreeshipping (2)
- genericMycelexcreamcost (2)
- CandidCream (1)
- CandidCreamfastshipping (1)
- buyCandidCreamgenericMycelexcream (1)
- genericformofMycelexcream (2)
- genericversionofMycelexcream (2)
- Mycelexcreamdiscount (2)
- wheretobuygenericMycelexcreamonline (2)
- Mycelexcreamonlinepharmacy (2)
- CandidCreambuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyCandidCream (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
GeorgioJan 27, 2016Excellent
This product is excellent. All my acne is cleared up. My face was red and peeling at first. After 3 weeks all my acne disappeared and my pores look smaller. My face is much smoother.