Calutide 50mg (Bicalutamide)
How it works
What is Bicalutamide?
Bicalutamide is an anti-androgen drug which is prescribed for prostate cancer. This drug works by preventing the actions of male hormones called androgens in the body. It is marketed under the trade names Casodex, Calutide (manufactured by Cipla) among several other trade names in the world.
Bicalutamide medication is used together in combination with another hormone to treat prostate cancer. This medication may also be prescribed for conditions not listed above.
Important Information about Bicalutamide
Before taking Bicalutamide medication, share your medical history with your doctor, especially if you have liver disease, diabetes, or any other serious illness. This medication serves as one part of a combination prostate cancer treatment with another medication that stops the testicles from producing testosterone.
Your doctor may sometimes change your dosage for proper treatment and getting the best outcome from Bicalutamide medication. Don’t stop or alter the course of this medication under any circumstances. Doing so may jeopardize your treatment and worsen your condition.
You will be required to undergo regular prostate and liver function testing through blood tests. Don’t miss on those tests. Pay visits to your doctor regularly so that he or she can review your progress closely.
Immediately call your doctor if you experience these serious side effects due to Bicalutamide: pain in chest, breath shortness, swelling, bloody or dark urine, or stomach pain with appetite loss, yellowing of your skin or eyes.
Bicalutamide should not be taken by females and children strictly in any situations.
Before taking Bicalutamide
You must take precautions and discuss all points mentioned above with your doctor before taking Bicalutamide medication. Don’t take it if you are allergic to its active ingredient, Bicalutamide.
How should I take Bicalutamide?
You must take Bicalutamide medication strictly as prescribed by your doctor. Don’t alter the dosage under any situation unless or otherwise advised by your doctor or you may witness dangerous effects of the medication.
As mentioned above, Bicalutamide medication is given as part of a combination prostate cancer treatment with another drug called luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone, or LHRH which stops the testicles from producing testosterone. Normally, both the drugs are started simultaneously. Always follow your doctor’s advice strictly.
Bicalutamide medication is normally taken once daily either in the morning or evening. However, try to take it at the same time every day. You can take it with or without food.
Always store Bicalutamide medication in a cool and dry place. Ensure that no children or pets have access to it.
What if I miss a dose of Bicalutamide?
If you miss a dose of Bicalutamide, take it as soon as you remember it. However, skip the missed dose if the time for the next dose is near. Do not take two doses close to each other to make up for the missed one.
What happens if I overdose?
If you take an overdose of Bicalutamide, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediatly although this medication’s overdose is not expected to produce any serious conditions.
What should I avoid while taking Bicalutamide?
Adhere to your doctor’s advice on any diet, medicines, or activities restrictions while you are taking Bicalutamide.
Bicalutamide Side Effects
Not all people experience side effects of Bicaultamide but you may experience some allergic reactions or side effects. Some allergic reactions due to this medication are skin hives, breathing difficulty, swelling on your face, lips, tongue or, throat. Stop taking Sitagliptin medication and get emergency medical attention in case of these severe allergic reactions.
You may also witness some serious side effects due to Bicalutamide, upon which you must stop using it and call your doctor at once. They are breath shortness, even with little exertion; pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding; chest pain; severe cough; fever; chills; body aches; flu symptoms; dark or bloody urine; nausea; upper stomach pain; itching; clay colored stools, yellowing of skin or eyes.
Some less serious side effects of Bicalutamide are increased urinate during night, back pain, pelvic pain, joint or muscle pain, weakness, dizziness, vomiting, diarrhea, impotence, low libido, trouble in having an orgasm, sore throat, runny nose, or other cold symptoms
These are not a complete set of side effects which you may experience due to Bicalutamide usage. There may be other side effects. Discuss about the side effects with your doctor.
Bicalutamide Dosing Information
The recommended dosage of Bicalutamide in combination with an LHRH injection is one 50 mg tablet once per day. You may take it in the morning or evening, with or without food. It is also recommended that you take the tablet at the same time each day.
Interaction with other drugs
A blood thinner like warfarin may interact with Bicalutamide medication so you must let your doctor know about it before hand if you are using it. You must also share the list of all other medications you may be using at present with your doctor so that he or she may prescribe Bicalutamide properly.
Common side effects
dry skin, hair re-growth or growth of extra hair, decrease in sex drive, indigestion, nausea, wind, reduced sex drive and reduced fertility, pain in abdomen, skin rash, feeling sleepy, itching, breathing problems or a worsening of a pre-existing breathing problem, depression, hot flushes, problems getting an erection, constipation, loss of appetite, dizziness, chest pain, low levels of red blood cells, Low hemoglobin, hair loss, blood in urine., swelling, nausea or vomiting, weight gain, yellowing of the skin or whites of eyes, weakness, liver problems.Skin rash
- Before taking bicalutamide, tell your doctor if you have any liver disease.
- Bicalutamide may cause serious liver dysfunction (with symptoms of abdominal pain, anorexia, dark urine, fatigue, jaundice, nausea, vomiting). Stop taking Bicalutamide and call your doctor if you experience any such symptoms.
- If you have an objective progression of disease together with elevated PSA, seek immediate medical advice, as you may have to stop bicalutamide treatment.
- You should not take this medicine if you have rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption.
- Take precautions as you may occasionally feel sleepy while on bicalutamide therapy.
- Avoid direct exposure to excessive sunlight or UV-light while you are taking bicalutamide.
- Do not drink alcohol while on bicalutamide treatment as it may worsen the side effects of this medication.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||Cipla Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- buyanticancerdrugs (75)
- buyoncologydrugs (75)
- cancertreatment (75)
- cancermedications (75)
- buycancerdrugsonline (75)
- buyanticancerdrugsonline (75)
- BuyCalutideTablet (1)
- BuyCalutideOnline (1)
- BuyCalutide50mgOnline (1)
- Calutidepriceinusa (1)
- CalutidepriceinIndia (1)
- CheapCalutideOnline (1)
- BuyCalutide50mg (1)
- CalutideSideEffect (1)
- BuyCalutidePayPal (1)
- PurchaseCalutideonline (1)
- Calutidereview (1)
- CalutidesupplierinIndia (1)
- CalutideeBay (1)
- BuyGenericBicalutamide (1)
- BuyBicalutamide (1)
- BuyBicalutamideOnline (1)
- BuyCalutideCheapBicalutamide (1)
- Bicalutamidereview (1)
- BuyCasodexOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyCalutideonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyCalutide50mginIndia (1)
- BuyCalutideOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericCasodexonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericCasodex (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyCasodex (1)
- genericBicalutamidevs.Casodex (1)
- doesgenericBicalutamidework (1)
- Bicalutamidevs.Casodexreviews (1)
- BuyBicalutamideonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericCasodexfromCanada (1)
- genericCasodexCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestCalutide50mg (1)
- genericCasodexforsale (1)
- genericCasodexonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericCasodex (1)
- OrderGenericCasodexOnline (1)
- buygenericCasodexonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericCasodexonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericCasodexonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericCasodexonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericCasodexonlinewithDiscover (1)
- Calutide50mgexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleCalutide50mg (1)
- genericCasodexfreeshipping (1)
- genericCasodexcost (1)
- CalutideTablet (1)
- Calutidefastshipping (1)
- Calutideforpimple (1)
- buyBicalutamideforskin (1)
- buyCalutidegenericCasodex (1)
- genericformofCasodex (1)
- genericversionofCasodex (1)
- Casodexdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericCasodexonline (1)
- Casodexonlinepharmacy (1)
- Calutidebuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyCalutide (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
ReadynJan 30, 2016Quality Product!!
Was diagnosed with Calutide and had PSA of 10 and have very strong family history of prostate cancer. I am 53 and brother had cancer at age 39. Dr. immediately placed me on 150mg bicalutamide in preparation for HIFU procedure. PSA dropped to 3.3 within 2 weeks. I also noticed that a fibrous lymph node on my neck shrank noticeably. After stopping the medication at 3 weeks and undergoing the HIFU procedure, the fibrous lymph node regained it's previous size.