Butop Cream (Butenafine 1%)
How it works
What is Butenafine HCl?
Butenafine HCl is an antifungal antibiotic that is used against infections caused by fungus. This medicine is primarily used in the treatment of skin infections such as athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm, and yeast infections. This medicine is also used for the treatment of a skin condition known as pityriasis (tenia versicolor), a fungal infection which results in lightening or darkening of the skin, neck, chest, arms, or legs. Butenafine HCl is sold under various trade names, a couple of which are Mentax and Butop (made by Cipla).
Important Information about Butenafine HCl
Butenafine HCl antifungal medicine (Mentax, Butop) should not be taken if you are allergic to it.
You must use this medicine for the entire prescribed period, even after all the symptoms have disappeared. The infection may still not be wiped out from your body. Not taking this medicine as prescribed can worsen your condition and cause an infection which is drug resistant.
It is not known whether Butenafine HCl can harm an unborn baby if taken while being pregnant. It is also not known if Butenafine HCl can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. Consult your doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast feeding.
Before taking Butenafine HCl
Before taking Butenafine HCl antifungal medicine (Mentax, Butop), take care of all precautions mentioned above. Discuss them with your doctor and clear all doubts which you may have about this drug.
How should I use Butenafine HCl?
Use Butenafine HCl antifungal medication (Mentax, Butop) strictly according to your doctor’s direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular medication.
Before and after applying the cream or lotion, wash your hands properly, unless you are using it to treat a hand infection. Clean and dry the affected area. Apply a small amount of cream to the affected area. Do not take Butenafine HCl medication by mouth. Avoid covering the medicated area with dressing or bandages that don’t allow proper air circulation (occlusive dressings). Always store this medication in a cool and dry place.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Butenafine HCl, take it as soon as you remember. Don’t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
What if I overdose?
An overdose of Butenafine HCl is unlikely. However, in case you feel that you have taken an overdose of Butenafine HCl, get medical attention or call the Doctor immediately.
Things and Activities to avoid while taking Butenafine HCl
Follow your doctor’s advice on any food or activity restrictions while taking Butenafine HCl. Do not take Butenafine HCl medication by mouth. Avoid covering the medicated area with dressing or bandages that don’t allow proper air circulation (occlusive dressings). Also avoid tight fitting clothes or synthetic clothing. If you are using this medicine for jock itch in your feet, wear clean cotton socks, sandals or shoes that allows proper air circulation to the affected area
Butenafine HCl Side Effects
Some common side effects of Butenafine HCl are burning, stinging, swelling, irritation, redness, pimple like bumps, tenderness, or flaking of the treated skin. If any of these side effects continue for long time or deteriorate, seek medical attention right away.
Butenafine HCl rarely causes allergic reactions. Seek emergency medical attention if you get allergic reactions like hives, severe rash, breathing difficulty, dizziness, or breathing troubles.
The side effects mentioned above are not the only ones that you may experience or witness due to Butenafine HCl. If you get any serious side effects due to this medication, contact your doctor right away.
Butenafine HCl Dosing Information
Butenafine HCl dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. Remember to follow your doctor’s advice properly for best results.
Interaction with other drugs
Many other drugs can interact with Butenafine HCl. Let your doctor know in advance if you use any other drugs or related medical products. Never start a new medication without consulting your doctor first.
- Butenafine cream is for external use only. Avoid contact with nose, mouth, and eyes.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you notice change in color or burning sensation of skin.
- Before applying the cream wash and completely dry the affected area.
- Do not use butenafine cream for other skin conditions.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions
|Generic Name||Butenafine Hcl Cream|
|Manufacturer||Cipla Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyButopCream (1)
- BuyButopCreamOnline (1)
- ButopCreampriceinusa (1)
- ButopCreampriceinIndia (1)
- CheapButopCreamOnline (1)
- ButopCreamSideEffect (1)
- BuyButopCreamPayPal (1)
- PurchaseButopCreamonline (1)
- ButopCreamreview (1)
- ButopCreamsupplierinIndia (1)
- ButenafineCreamuses (1)
- ButopCreameBay (1)
- BuyGenericButenafineCream (1)
- BuyButenafineCream (1)
- BuyButenafineCreamOnline (1)
- BuyButopCreamCheapButenafineCream (1)
- ButenafineCreamreview (1)
- BuyMentaxCreamOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyButopCreamonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyButopCreaminIndia (1)
- BuyButopCreamOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericMentaxCreamonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericMentaxCream (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyMentaxCream (1)
- genericButenafineCreamvs.MentaxCream (1)
- doesgenericButenafineCreamwork (1)
- ButenafineCreamvs.MentaxCreamreviews (1)
- BuyButenafineCreamonlinePayPal (1)
- buygenericMentaxCreamfromCanada (1)
- genericMentaxCreamCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestButopCream (1)
- genericMentaxCreamforsale (1)
- genericMentaxCreamonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericMentaxCream (1)
- OrderGenericMentaxCreamOnline (1)
- buygenericMentaxCreamonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericMentaxCreamonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericMentaxCreamonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericMentaxCreamonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericMentaxCreamonlinewithDiscover (1)
- ButopCreamexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleButopCream (1)
- genericMentaxCreamfreeshipping (1)
- genericMentaxCreamcost (1)
- ButopCream (1)
- ButopCreamfastshipping (1)
- buyButopCreamgenericMentaxCream (1)
- genericformofMentaxCream (1)
- genericversionofMentaxCream (1)
- MentaxCreamdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericMentaxCreamonline (1)
- MentaxCreamonlinepharmacy (1)
- ButopCreambuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyButopCream (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
EdenJan 27, 2016good for skin
its helpful for infections caused by fungus....n any skin problem