Balacol 750 mg
What is balsalazide?
Balsalazide affects a substance in the body that causes inflammation, tissue damage, and diarrhea. The Colazal brand of balsalazide is used to treat mild to moderate active ulcerative colitis in adults and children who are at least 5 years old. The Giazo brand of balsalazide is used to treat mild to moderate active ulcerative colitis in men who are at least 18 years old. Balsalazide may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What is the most important information I should know about balsalazide?
Follow all directions on your medicine label and package. Tell each of your healthcare providers about all your medical conditions, allergies, and all medicines you use.
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking balsalazide?
You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to balsalazide or mesalamine, or to aspirin or other salicylates (such as Nuprin Backache Caplet, Kaopectate, KneeRelief, Pamprin Cramp Formula, Pepto-Bismol, Tricosal, Trilisate, and others). To make sure balsalazide is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have: kidney disease; liver disease; a stomach condition called pyloric stenosis. Balsalazide tablets contain sodium. Talk to your doctor before using this form of balsalazide if you are on a low salt diet. FDA pregnancy category B. Balsalazide is not expected to harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment. It is not known whether balsalazide passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Balsalazide capsules should not be given to a child younger than 5 years old. Balsalazide tablets should not be given to anyone under 18 years old.
How should I take balsalazide?
Follow all directions on your prescription label. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Balsalazide can be taken with or without food. To make swallowing easier, you may open the balsalazide capsule and sprinkle the medicine into a spoonful of applesauce. Swallow right away. Do not save the mixture for later use. The yellow-orange medicine from the capsule may stain your teeth or tongue when you use this method. Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve, or if they get worse while using balsalazide. Balsalazide is usually taken only for a short time (8 to 12 weeks). Follow your doctor's dosing instructions very carefully. Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
What should I avoid while taking balsalazide?
Follow your doctor's instructions about any restrictions on food, beverages, or activity.
Balsalazide side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Call your doctor at once if you have: worsening colitis symptoms--fever, stomach pain, cramps, or bloody diarrhea; kidney problems--little or no urinating, swelling, rapid weight gain; liver problems--upper stomach pain, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); pain or burning when you urinate; or anemia (low red blood cells)--pale skin, feeling light-headed or short of breath, rapid heart rate, trouble concentrating. Common side effects may include: headache; mild or occasional nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea; joint pain; or cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat. This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Balsalazide dosing information
Usual Adult Dose for Ulcerative Colitis -- Active:
Mildly to moderately active:
Capsules: 2250 mg orally 3 times a day for up to 8 weeks
In clinical trials, some patients required treatment for up to 12 weeks.
Male patients: 3.3 g orally twice a day for up to 8 weeks
Female patients: Effectiveness has not been established.
Usual Pediatric Dose for Ulcerative Colitis -- Active:
Mildly to moderately active:
5 years or older: 2250 mg orally 3 times a day or 750 mg orally 3 times a day for up to 8 weeks
What other drug's will affect balsalazide?
Other drugs may interact with balsalazide, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Tell each of your health care providers about all medicines you use now and any medicine you start or stop using.
|Manufacturer||Torrent Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- BuyBalacol750mg (2)
- BuyBalacol750mgOnline (2)
- Balacol750mgpriceinusa (2)
- Balacol750mgpriceinIndia (2)
- CheapBalacol750mgOnline (2)
- Balacol750mgSideEffect (2)
- BuyBalacol750mgPayPal (2)
- PurchaseBalacol750mgonline (2)
- Balacol750mgreview (2)
- Balacol750mgsupplierinIndia (2)
- Balsalazide750mguses (2)
- Balacol750mgeBay (2)
- BuyGenericBalsalazide750mg (2)
- BuyBalsalazide750mg (2)
- BuyBalsalazide750mgOnline (2)
- BuyBalacol750mgCheapBalsalazide750mg (2)
- Balsalazide750mgreview (2)
- BuyColazal750mgOnlineIndia (2)
- BuyBalacol750mgonlineovernightshipping (2)
- BuyBalacol750mginIndia (2)
- BuyBalacol750mgOnlineUK (2)
- buygenericColazal750mgonlinecheap (2)
- isthereagenericColazal750mg (2)
- bestwebsitetobuyColazal750mg (2)
- genericBalsalazide750mgvs.Colazal750mg (2)
- doesgenericBalsalazide750mgwork (2)
- Balsalazide750mgvs.Colazal750mgreviews (2)
- BuyBalsalazide750mgonlinePayPal (2)
- buygenericColazal750mgfromCanada (2)
- genericColazal750mgCanadapharmacy (2)
- CheapestBalacol750mg (2)
- genericColazal750mgforsale (2)
- genericColazal750mgonlineCanadianpharmacy (2)
- DiscountgenericColazal750mg (2)
- OrderGenericColazal750mgOnline (2)
- buygenericColazal750mgonlinesafely (2)
- buygenericColazal750mgonlinewithMasterCard (2)
- buygenericColazal750mgonlinewithVisa (2)
- buygenericColazal750mgonlinewithAmex (2)
- buygenericColazal750mgonlinewithDiscover (2)
- Balacol750mgexporterinIndia (2)
- SaleBalacol750mg (2)
- genericColazal750mgfreeshipping (2)
- genericColazal750mgcost (2)
- Balacol750mg (2)
- Balacol750mgfastshipping (2)
- buyBalacol750mggenericColazal750mg (2)
- genericformofColazal750mg (2)
- genericversionofColazal750mg (2)
- Colazal750mgdiscount (2)
- wheretobuygenericColazal750mgonline (2)
- Colazal750mgonlinepharmacy (2)
- Balacol750mgbuy (2)
- bestplacetobuyBalacol750mg (2)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
SiconsFeb 02, 2016Good!!!
I have used Balacol 750mg for about 5 months and actually stopped taking it for a month in between. When I am on the medication I am fine no with no active symptoms when I stopped it I was fine for a short period of time before it acted up again. I dealt with the symptoms because they were mild. But the moment it got bad I took a dose and things almost instantly got better, now that I am consistently taking my proper dosage. I have no issues at all.