Bactroban Ointment (Mupirocin)
What is Mupirocin (Topical)?
Mupirocin (Topical), also sold under the trade name Bactroban (made by GSK) and also under several other brands is prescribed for the treatment of certain skin infections (e.g., impetigo). It is an antibiotic that works by hindering the growth of certain bacteria.
Important Information about Mupirocin (Topical)
Do not use Mupirocin ointment (Bactroban) if you are allergic to it. Let your doctor know if you are allergic to it or if you have other drug allergies. Also let him or her know if you have any other medical problem, especially kidney disease.
If you are pregnant or breast feeding a baby, use Mupirocin only after consulting your doctor.
Before using Mupirocin (Topical)
You must take Mupirocin ointment only with a doctor's prescription. Do not use it on your own will. Before using Mupirocin, take care of all precautions listed above. Discuss them with your doctor or ask about any concerns which you may have about this medication.
How should I use Mupirocin?
Mupirocin ointment (Bactroban) is to be used only on the skin. Before applying the ointment, clean and dry the affected area. Then apply a small amount of ointment to the area thrice a day, or as advised by your doctor. You may cover the treated area with a bandage.
You must use this medication regularly as prescribed in order to get the most benefit out of it. Continue to use it for the full amount of time prescribed. Discontinuing the medication too early may cause the bacteria to continue to grow, which may result in a relapse of the infection that can be drug resistant. Do not let Mupirocin ointment to get into your eyes, nose, mouth, or on large areas of damaged or broken skin unless otherwise directed by your doctor. Remember to inform your doctor if your condition does not improve in 3-5 days. Always store this medication in a cool and dry place, preferably at room temperature and away from heat or moisture.
What if I miss a dose?
If you happen to miss a dose of Mupirocin (Topical) for any reasons, use it at the instant you remember it only if there is enough time left for the next scheduled dose. You can skip the missed dose if the time to use the next dose is near. Using extra medication to compensate the missed dose can be harmful.
What if I overdose?
Overdose of Mupirocin is unlikely. However, if you think that you have used too much of this medication, get immediate help by calling the Doctor Immediately.
What should I avoid while using Mupirocin (Topical)?
You should follow your doctor's advice on any diet, drug or activity restrictions while using Mupirocin ointment.
Mupirocin (Topical) Side Effects
Mupirocin ointment (Bactroban) may cause some side effects like burning, stinging, itching or pain initially as your body tries to adjust to it. Notify your doctor right away if any of these effects persist or deteriorate,
You should remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has decided that the benefits greatly weigh over the risks. Many people using this medication may not even experience any side effects. Seek immediate medical attention if you get a rash or severe itching. Using this medication for a very long period or repeatedly may cause a new infection (e.g., fungal infection). Contact your doctor if you notice signs of a new infection.
The side effects thus listed are not all the possible side effects due to Mupirocin (Topical). Contact your doctor and discuss about the side effects.
Mupirocin (Topical) Dosing Information
Follow the exact dose set by your doctor. Do not use any medication with lower or higher concentration than the prescribed dose.
Interaction with other drugs
Your doctor may already know about any possible drug interactions and may be monitoring you for them. Never start, stop, or change the dosage of any medication without your doctor's consent. Before using this medication, tell your doctor about all prescription and nonprescription/herbal products you may use, especially of chloramphenicol. However, this may not be the only interacting drug. There may be several others.
|Manufacturer||GSK Pharma, India|
Other people marked this product with these tags:
- MupirocinOintmentuses (2)
- BuyGenericMupirocinOintment (2)
- BuyMupirocinOintment (2)
- BuyMupirocinOintmentOnline (2)
- MupirocinOintmentreview (2)
- doesgenericMupirocinOintmentwork (2)
- BuyMupirocinOintmentonlinePayPal (2)
- BuyBactobranOintment (1)
- BuyBactobranOintmentOnline (1)
- BactobranOintmentpriceinusa (1)
- BactobranOintmentpriceinIndia (1)
- CheapBactobranOintmentOnline (1)
- BactobranOintmentSideEffect (1)
- BuyBactobranOintmentPayPal (1)
- PurchaseBactobranOintmentonline (1)
- BactobranOintmentreview (1)
- BactobranOintmentsupplierinIndia (1)
- BactobranOintmenteBay (1)
- BuyBactobranOintmentCheapMupirocinOintment (1)
- BuyBactobranOintmentOnlineIndia (1)
- BuyBactobranOintmentonlineovernightshipping (1)
- BuyBactobranOintmentinIndia (1)
- BuyBactobranOintmentOnlineUK (1)
- buygenericBactobranOintmentonlinecheap (1)
- isthereagenericBactobranOintment (1)
- bestwebsitetobuyBactobranOintment (1)
- genericMupirocinOintmentvs.BactobranOintment (1)
- MupirocinOintmentvs.BactobranOintmentreviews (1)
- buygenericBactobranOintmentfromCanada (1)
- genericBactobranOintmentCanadapharmacy (1)
- CheapestBactobranOintment (1)
- genericBactobranOintmentforsale (1)
- genericBactobranOintmentonlineCanadianpharmacy (1)
- DiscountgenericBactobranOintment (1)
- OrderGenericBactobranOintmentOnline (1)
- buygenericBactobranOintmentonlinesafely (1)
- buygenericBactobranOintmentonlinewithMasterCard (1)
- buygenericBactobranOintmentonlinewithVisa (1)
- buygenericBactobranOintmentonlinewithAmex (1)
- buygenericBactobranOintmentonlinewithDiscover (1)
- BactobranOintmentexporterinIndia (1)
- SaleBactobranOintment (1)
- genericBactobranOintmentfreeshipping (1)
- genericBactobranOintmentcost (1)
- BactobranOintment (1)
- BactobranOintmentfastshipping (1)
- buyBactobranOintmentgenericBactobranOintment (1)
- genericformofBactobranOintment (1)
- genericversionofBactobranOintment (1)
- BactobranOintmentdiscount (1)
- wheretobuygenericBactobranOintmentonline (1)
- BactobranOintmentonlinepharmacy (1)
- BactobranOintmentbuy (1)
- bestplacetobuyBactobranOintment (1)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.