Amlopres AT (Amlodipine 5mg+ Atenolol 50mg)
How it works
Amlodipine Besylate is a long acting dihydropyridine-type calcium channel blocker. This is the most common drug that is recommended for the lower of hypertension and treatment of angina or chest pain. Lowering the high blood pressure (Hypertension) is helpful in preventing strokes, heart attacks and kidney problems. It is quite helpful drug in increasing the ability to exercise and decrease the frequency of angina attacks.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Amlodipine Besylate if you:
- Are allergic to Amlodipine Besylate or any other ingredients
- Have liver problems
- Have unstable angina
- Have any other heart problems
- Have congestive heart failure
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Have porphyria
- Are breastfeeding
How much to take?
The drug should always be taken according to the prescribed by the physician. It should be maintained that you should take the drug regularly and timely. The general recommended dose starts from 5 mg and it can be increased up to 10 mg depending upon the patient’s condition and demand.
According to the progression of time and response of the patient, dose adjustments are generally done. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
Who is the manufacturer?
Amlopres AT is manufactured by Cipla pharmaceuticals, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
How to take?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it.
When to take?
Amlodipine Besylate is taken once daily with or without food. It is the best way to take medicine same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug.
For how long should it be taken?
It is important to take the drug for the time period prescribed by the doctor. Sudden discontinuation of medicine or any kind of variation in the dose can cause adverse reactions. So, before stopping the drug intake, always consult your physician first.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may need urgent medical attention if you experience below mentioned symptoms:
- Red skin rash
- Rapid heart rate
What if you miss the dose?
In case you miss the dose take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose then skip the dose and take your next dose on the correct time. Do not double up the dose in order to compensate the missed one.
What are the side effects?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. Common side effects are mentioned below:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Tired feeling
- Stomach pain
- Swelling of legs or ankles
Serious side effects which need medical attention are as follows:
- Fast heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Pain in arms or shoulders
- General illness
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Amlodipine Besylate. The following drugs are seriously contraindicated with amlodipine:
- Calcium carbonate
- Calcium chloride
- Calcium citrate etc.
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Don’t use the expired medicine
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- This medicine can pass into breast milk and can cause fetal harm
- Limit the intake of alcoholic beverages and avoid activity that requires alertness as it causes dizziness
- Monitor your blood pressure levels regularly
- In patients with coronary artery disease, angina and myocardial infarction may develop with this drug. So, there is need to do dose adjustment
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose
- Edema may develop in some patients within 2-3 weeks of starting the therapy
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to amlodipine or any of its other ingredients.
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions
|Equivalent Brand||Norvasc Tenormin|
|Generic Name||Amlodipine Besilate + Atenolol|
|Manufacturer||Cipla Pharma, India|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
JeckyFeb 01, 2016Excellent Quality!!!
Just as the above, my life has been changed as a result of starting on Amlopres AT I was prescribed it for my hypertension, and my migraines have completely disappeared. I suffered migraine three days a week. . Migraine, I'm told, is a consequence of blood vessels in the head being in spasm and Amlopres has a 'stabilizing' effect on these blood vessels."